+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lincoln 210 MP SOS

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln 210 MP SOS

Hey all, I’m brand mew here and am by no means a welder, just a guy who is just getting into the trade, and learning a little more everyday!
    I recently purchased a Lincoln 210mp, it has been running just fine until recently, where when I go to use the MIG Gun (.030 Wire, correct rollers, machine settings) and pull the trigger, no wire is fed, nor is the gas. This happens intermittently. I have checked all of the connections, cycled the machine on and off, all to no avail. I brought it to a certified dealer/service center, who couldn’t recreate the problem. (The machine is still under warranty, only 3 months old). Has anyone had this happen? Please help!
    I’ve tried to attached a video of the problem, but it won’t upload, if I can figure out how to upload it, I will.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln 210 MP SOS

I have had something similar happen( don't recall about the gas) when I inadvertently tripped the spoolgun switch which is conveniently located just behind and above the wire feed drive. Welding gloves on and engaged or adjusted the wire tension and nothing at the torch. Will it still stick weld when this happens? Mine will. Hope you can get it sorted out.
    Welcome to the forum by the way.
    ---Meltedmetal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    I have had something similar happen( don't recall about the gas) when I inadvertently tripped the spoolgun switch which is conveniently located just behind and above the wire feed drive. Welding gloves on and engaged or adjusted the wire tension and nothing at the torch. Will it still stick weld when this happens? Mine will. Hope you can get it sorted out.
    Welcome to the forum by the way.
    It will still stick weld, and I checked the spool gun switch, it has not been tripped...

Post Thanks / Like

unplug the miggun trigger plug. short pins 1 and 2 see if the wire feeds.
    If it does you have a problem in the miggun and the warranty on the miggun is only 90 day i think. You also can check the pins in the plug with an ohm meter and see them open and close with trigger. The trigger switch is open inside the handle.
    Just a washer pushed against two pins. one pin on each handle half.
    Open handle and clean switch contact points. unless you have broken a wire this might fix it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist