Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generator for stick welding

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Generator for stick welding

Its never really occured to me that i actually could have got my 2$ wrench i broke with a 4# hammer or impact replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tool box setup for mostly my import stuff..I put things like Tekton/Klutch/etc..I also bought tools like in sockets to add to my snap-on stuff .Using discounts and deals I find are outfitted with USA Proto stuff. Not too bad for the price paid.. I have a hard time not buying Knipex in Pliers, and the like.. Cheap stuff there is just asking for Blood.Most of my air tools are from Japan, and pipe dies/wrenches are USA Ridgid.. Although i see the value in cheaper air tools, just found deals so not far off China prices.. It good to have some tools to beat up also.. I have some pretty good Taiwan stuff too. Get it before China stops that stuff..
    Last edited by Brand X; 11-28-2021 at 11:57 PM.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200/ Lincoln feeders
    Thermal 95s
    Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    Thermal 15c
    INE 1500
    Klutch 140i

Post Thanks / Like

The Franzman had the list of cheaper air tools too. I need a couple more 440 Channelock, been looking for them all week, must have lost a pair or 2.
    None or not much of my stuff is high end and all depreciated and some worn out. I bought 1/2 dozen new pliers and 30 screwdrivers last summer, it was getting to be hunt and peck along with razor knives.

Post Thanks / Like

I need new 7 inch sander, mine is on a limp. I see Astro has it about best price. 81$ and it will be the 3rd one of my career. I see the same unit sold as high as 140$. I fix mine a little, it had a hard life. Not worth the repair or any parts to buy. I found one bearing and may even have another come to think of it.
    Something else to consider is parts so to speak. The myth is to buy expensive machine so you can buy expensive parts down the road. I found a guy can actually fix a lot of the generic junk vs having some special crap and while i dont save it all not against tossing the broke one aside and canibal it a little, aint no more work to fix a 3p$ grindervthan a 100 one.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont wanna order parts, all that crap. So easy to open another box. At 69$ for a dc welder, well aint got to do a lot of work and aint eating when you dont.