+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optrel = Great Customer Service!

Post Thanks / Like

Optrel = Great Customer Service!

My Optrel Crystal 2.0 started acting up recently, with the screen flashing from light to dark and not darkening properly. Replacing the batteries did not solve the problem, so I contacted Optrel via an online form around 4 pm EST today and explained the problems that I was having. At first I thought that it was out of warranty, but after checking discovered that it was only 18 months old.

Optrel replied to me within 10 minutes of my original enquiry with suggestions about cleaning the sensors and what batteries worked best in my hood. As soon as I found my purchase receipt, I filled out their warranty application online, attached the receipt, and within 10 more minutes they informed me that a replacement part (The lens) was shipping out to me tomorrow.

That's great customer service!

I had to switch back to my older Lincoln Viking 3350C hood while the Optrel was down. The Lincoln is a good hood, but the Crystal 2.0 is in a league of it's own with respect to color and clarity.

Scott
    Last edited by scsmith42; 11-18-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

2. Likes whtbaron, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optrel = Great Customer Service!

I don't know a thing about your helmet. My Miller had your symptoms. After a couple rounds of replacing batteries I whined to Miller. They gave me a new lens assembly. I later learned from the Miller Forum that some of the batteries in that spec # are concave on the back. Miller batteries are made by Panasonic. They have a flat backside. My Miller battery holders won't make good contact with concave batteries.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

4. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optrel = Great Customer Service!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I don't know a thing about your helmet. My Miller had your symptoms. After a couple rounds of replacing batteries I whined to Miller. They gave me a new lens assembly. I later learned from the Miller Forum that some of the batteries in that spec # are concave on the back. Miller batteries are made by Panasonic. They have a flat backside. My Miller battery holders won't make good contact with concave batteries.
    Funny thing Bill, the Optrel rep also recommended Panasonic batteries. He did not know why they worked best, just that they did.

I could not find any locally, but Amazon is supposed to deliver some today for me to try.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist