+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Primeweld TIG 200D

Post Thanks / Like

Primeweld TIG 200D

@mechanic416 or anybody else, what can you tell me about the Primeweld TIG 200D? I can't find any reviews (other than their website) or vids. Anybody have one? Does it hold up like the 225? I am looking to learn TIG on thin wall steel tube, maybe eventually build kart chassis out of chromoly. Is this the machine I want? Thx in advance for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Primeweld TIG 200D

I just purchased one of their MIG 180 mig and stick welder and it comes with a spool gun. It works great. The guys over on the Facebook group rave about the 225 TIG welder.
    Retired - Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician- Iowa
    Lots of Hobbys

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I decided to pick one (225) up this morning. They are having a Black Friday deal, about 10% off.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you return the Tig 200d ?

I thought you should have bought the 225acdc in the first place. At some point you'll want to do aluminum, and this would be the machine for that.

It might not make a huge difference for welding chromoly tube frames. I guess it depends if you like using the pulse/freq. feature on these. These would also be helpful when working with thin stainless.

Good Luck with the new machine. I don't think you'll be disappointed ( I haven't been, mine is 6 months old now.)

Regards
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albrightree View Post
    Did you return the Tig 200d ?

I thought you should have bought the 225acdc in the first place. At some point you'll want to do aluminum, and this would be the machine for that.

It might not make a huge difference for welding chromoly tube frames. I guess it depends if you like using the pulse/freq. feature on these. These would also be helpful when working with thin stainless.

Good Luck with the new machine. I don't think you'll be disappointed ( I haven't been, mine is 6 months old now.)

Regards
    No, I didn't buy the 200D. I agree, the 225 opens up a lot more options, and I figured it would hold it's value better if I ever had to sell it.

Got some gas yesterday (and some stick electrodes), tungsten is on the way. A local buddy just got one, too, and another buddy has a Miller multiprocess machine. We're trying to find a time to get together. The one guy is an engineer and the other guy is pretty handy with a MIG welder (made a tube chassis for a Lotus 7 replica), but we're all new to TIG and looking to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggen View Post
    No, I didn't buy the 200D. I agree, the 225 opens up a lot more options, and I figured it would hold it's value better if I ever had to sell it.

Got some gas yesterday (and some stick electrodes), tungsten is on the way. A local buddy just got one, too, and another buddy has a Miller multiprocess machine. We're trying to find a time to get together. The one guy is an engineer and the other guy is pretty handy with a MIG welder (made a tube chassis for a Lotus 7 replica), but we're all new to TIG and looking to learn.
    You won't regret the 225 . Out of curiosity what are they selling for now? I've had mine a while and I paid 700$.

Post Thanks / Like

$825, but Black Friday was $735.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist