+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welder Dave update

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welder Dave update

Dave, glad you’re feeling a bit better. Get a hold of your MP and get them to help you out. It worked for me years ago for taxes but now they are such lazy pension-suckers, who knows? Can’t hurt.
    Do not believe everything that you think.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree
    Maybe if they try working on chemo it would be a different story.

OK you can not do any thing may feed your self and goto the bathroom.

The only thing come out chemo is a diet plan that works to loss 50 to 100 pounds and kills the cancer too. ♋

I can not see working after chemo. Your live with side affects witch that tell later it is for life. I still have side affects from 2009.

Welder Dave needs his disability

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
    Dave, glad you’re feeling a bit better. Get a hold of your MP and get them to help you out. It worked for me years ago for taxes but now they are such lazy pension-suckers, who knows? Can’t hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I'm doing better than I was and can eat a few more foods but still have trouble with some. Social worker from the cancer institute is working on my appeal for disability benefits. I have a constant nagging back ache and feel very fatigued most of the time. My joints really ache when I wake up, especially my right knee. It hurts to straighten it but is OK once I'm up.
    Long time lurker here on WW; glad you're feeling better and able to eat more foods. Hope that in time your other aches and pains subside. Slow progress is still progress. Just know you've got lots of people pulling for you. Hope you are able to get your disability issues resolved sooner than later.
    Dave66
    =================
    Millermatic 211 (Transformer Based)
    Primeweld TIG 225X

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I should give an update on how I'm doing. Went to the Dr. on Thu. and got some great news. The cancer wasn't detectable in the PET scan! One of the blood numbers they measure was 1334 when I was 1st diagnosed and now it's at 6.2. A healthy person would be up to 5.6. I'm eating better but it's hard to put much weight on. They did say it takes time to rebuild muscle mass. I bought a pedal exerciser to help strengthen my legs and work my joints. I'm going on a medication called Revlimid. It is very controlled and only available at select pharmacies. The pharmacy at the cancer institute is forwarding it to my regular pharmacy. It works to stop or slow down cancerous myeloma cells. It's fully covered which is a good thing. I take it 3 times for 21 days with a week off after each 21 days. The pills are $400 each! I'll also be going back on chemo at the same time. Taste buds still play some tricks but much better than they were. Hoping I don't have too many side effects and can gain some strength. I wanted to stand on a chair to reach a high shelf but didn't trust my leg to lift me up. My knee's and back ache so I hope they improve. I'm doing pretty good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you are doing better and having good results on the medical coverage front. Continued well wishes and keep us posted
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

Post Thanks / Like

They put my wife on a hormone blocker after her breast cancer treatments, the first go around with it it was about $40, next month they wanted over $900 fo a month's supply, she's getting it from an online pharmacy called RX OUTREACH, they have been awesome over the years after I was laid off & lost my medical coverage. RX OUTREACH can work for ANYONE that falls into the income requirements. The blocker wreaks havoc because her joints hurt all the time, it's a side effect, I've tried to get her to back off on it or whatever. the poor gal can't hardly get in the truck, heck we've got running boards and I try to park by curbs when I can.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great 👍

Dave

Thought I should give an update on how I'm doing. Went to the Dr. on Thu. and got some great news. The cancer wasn't detectable in the PET scan! One of the blood numbers they measure was 1334 when I was 1st diagnosed and now it's at 6.2. A healthy person would be up to 5.6. I'm eating better but it's hard to put much weight on. They did say it takes time to rebuild muscle mass. I bought a pedal exerciser to help strengthen my legs and work my joints. I'm going on a medication called Revlimid. It is very controlled and only available at select pharmacies. The pharmacy at the cancer institute is forwarding it to my regular pharmacy. It works to stop or slow down cancerous myeloma cells. It's fully covered which is a good thing. I take it 3 times for 21 days with a week off after each 21 days. The pills are $400 each! I'll also be going back on chemo at the same time. Taste buds still play some tricks but much better than they were. Hoping I don't have too many side effects and can gain some strength. I wanted to stand on a chair to reach a high shelf but didn't trust my leg to lift me up. My knee's and back ache so I hope they improve. I'm doing pretty good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for your wife and family 👪

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    They put my wife on a hormone blocker after her breast cancer treatments, the first go around with it it was about $40, next month they wanted over $900 fo a month's supply, she's getting it from an online pharmacy called RX OUTREACH, they have been awesome over the years after I was laid off & lost my medical coverage. RX OUTREACH can work for ANYONE that falls into the income requirements. The blocker wreaks havoc because her joints hurt all the time, it's a side effect, I've tried to get her to back off on it or whatever. the poor gal can't hardly get in the truck, heck we've got running boards and I try to park by curbs when I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Best wishes for your wife and family ��

Dave
    Cancer free as of January 7, 2022! Best wishes for you Dave and Welder Dave!
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

10. Likes Lis2323, 52 Ford, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Cancer free as of January 7, 2022! Best wishes for you Dave and Welder Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news Dave, hope you're out of the woods and building back up to normal as much as you can, anyway!
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping this is just a bad memory soon & the cure works for you.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had stage 4 cancer since 2009.
    I still have side effects from first chemo treatment. But something you will battle or back of your mind for life.

If think people will help the only they is see dollar signs.
    Even today I till my wife I will fix it myself.
    Today I do my own plumbing work it not fast was but do want a plumber in home doing a half *** job and handling me a $500 bill for a 10 minute job that took them a hour to do.

FYI I changed a kitchen faucet on Saturday getting back to normal.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Good news Dave, hope you're out of the woods and building back up to normal as much as you can, anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Today I do my own plumbing work it not fast was but do want a plumber in home doing a half *** job and handling me a $500 bill for a 10 minute job that took them a hour to do.

Dave
    Man, I hear you. A few weeks ago I changed the igniter in our Samsung gas range, which was less than 2 years old. Most repair services will look at you like they just ran over your dog, and say, "well, that will run you about $350- $400." Bulllllllllll crap. I bought an igniter on eBay for $19.95 and put it in myself, didn't take 10 minutes. I think just about ALL "home repair" services are scam operations. Sorry to get off topic, it's kind of a raw nerve thing for me.... (-;
    -Ruark
    "Become one with the puddle, grasshopper" - Welding Instructor
    Lincoln 3200HD
    Hobart Stickmate LX235
    TWECO Fabricator 211i

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 👍

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    Man, I hear you. A few weeks ago I changed the igniter in our Samsung gas range, which was less than 2 years old. Most repair services will look at you like they just ran over your dog, and say, "well, that will run you about $350- $400." Bulllllllllll crap. I bought an igniter on eBay for $19.95 and put it in myself, didn't take 10 minutes. I think just about ALL "home repair" services are scam operations. Sorry to get off topic, it's kind of a raw nerve thing for me.... (-;

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the well wishes. Last few days I've been aching more than usual. Especially bothersome is an ear/headache on the left side. I get it at night. It comes and goes but makes it hard to get back to sleep. Thankfully I don't get it when I'm up. My joints are the other aches. Hopefully they'll improve. I've been using the pedal exerciser moderately as I don't want to overdue it. Start the new drug on the 7th and hope it doesn't make me ache more. I have to take aspirin with it. I'm hopeful I'll feel better in the next few weeks or so. I think it's going to be a long battle but I keep feeling better and stronger every day.

18. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear

Dave

Thanks for the well wishes. Last few days I've been aching more than usual. Especially bothersome is an ear/headache on the left side. I get it at night. It comes and goes but makes it hard to get back to sleep. Thankfully I don't get it when I'm up. My joints are the other aches. Hopefully they'll improve. I've been using the pedal exerciser moderately as I don't want to overdue it. Start the new drug on the 7th and hope it doesn't make me ache more. I have to take aspirin with it. I'm hopeful I'll feel better in the next few weeks or so. I think it's going to be a long battle but I keep feeling better and stronger every day.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave an update in the back pain thread. I'm doing OK just tired of the nagging back ache. My hair is growing back pretty good so that's a positive sign. Hope everyone else with health issues is improving too. I guess it just takes time and you have to be patient.

21. Likes arcflash, whtbaron, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes mind is upto guarded now.

Dave

I gave an update in the back pain thread. I'm doing OK just tired of the nagging back ache. My hair is growing back pretty good so that's a positive sign. Hope everyone else with health issues is improving too. I guess it just takes time and you have to be patient.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist