+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kickinghorse welders

Post Thanks / Like

Kickinghorse welders

Has anyone ever used or owned an Kickinghorse welding machine. Just wondering if they are a decent machine. Or if its just another cheap welder that's not gonna do what it's supposed to. Thanks guys

2. Likes welder54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kickinghorse welders

There's no free lunch. At those prices I wouldn't trust them. Its clear they are just rebranded Chicom stuff, same as you will find on ebay or Amazon. I would rather buy from Amazon (not sold by amazon for a third party seller, but actually dealing with Amazon themselves.) At least then you have a decent chance of getting good customer service.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Louie 1961. I am just new in welding and looking for reasonable price welder.

5. Likes welder54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, if you are new, buy an old transformer based stick welder and focus on learning stick welding. It will make you better at MIG and TIG later on. If you really want to buy new, look at the ESAB rogue 180i or the new HTP America Inverarc 160

7. Likes welding1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, stick welding is where its at! You can do more things with a DC welder, weld Steel, SS, aluminum and cast iron. You can TIG weld with too, also cut metal or bevel plates and pierce holes also Carbon Arc gouging al though you'll need a aircompressor. I love to use a mig welder in the shop, so much faster.
    We've done so much, for so long, with so little. Were now qualified to do anything with nothing !

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, guys. The suggestions are very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for your valuable information

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know what your price point is, but you can totally buy a decent starter stick welder for around $200 dollars (and honestly much cheaper). Personally I would recommend, since I am a beginner myself, buying the TIG 200D from PrimeWeld. It’s just around $375-$400 (Stick and Tig Machine), they have fantastic customer service, plus (yes it’s an inverter machine, it’s only $400 what can you expect) it has TIG capabilities and comes with a little TIG torch set up and foot pedal so you can do TIG once you learn stick (Just buy an argon cylinder, tungsten, and a regulator and you’re good to go). It’s a 200 amp machine which means you’ll be able to weld just about any thickness you will work with as a beginner/ hobbyist.
    Last edited by GoK4rtFanatic; 11-28-2021 at 06:06 PM.
    Century FC-90
    Primeweld TIG 200D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoK4rtFanatic View Post
    I don’t know what your price point is, but you can totally buy a decent starter stick welder for around $200 dollars (and honestly much cheaper). Personally I would recommend, since I am a beginner myself, buying the TIG 200D from PrimeWeld. It’s just around $375-$400 (Stick and Tig Machine), they have fantastic customer service, plus (yes it’s an inverter machine, it’s only $400 what can you expect) it has TIG capabilities and comes with a little TIG torch set up and foot pedal so you can do TIG once you learn stick (Just buy an argon cylinder, tungsten, and a regulator and you’re good to go). It’s a 200 amp machine which means you’ll be able to weld just about any thickness you will work with as a beginner/ hobbyist.
    One thing to keep in mind, the PRIMEWELD is a DC machine and won't do aluminum if you ever get into aluminum.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 11-28-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

13. Likes Thats Hot liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist