Thread: Here Is ANOTHER Project For PSACustomCreations,, for when he gets BORED!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here Is ANOTHER Project For PSACustomCreations,, for when he gets BORED!!

WAY BACK WHEN,, I built a Rocket Stove,, it is a rather amazing burning device, when you see it operate,,

Not only does the stove burn good, but, IT IS NOISEY!! That is where it got it's name,, it kinda sounds like a rocket!!

A burn pit that actually emits noise would be far superior to simple a burn pit,, AND,, IT IS SMOKELESS!!

My stove can run really hot, so hot, it can boil water faster than a gas kitchen range,, it can also cook bacon and eggs, etc,,
    But, I wanted it to do MORE.

I was searching for a way to upgrade my rocket stove to a cooking grill, and found the PERFECT project for PSACustomCreations,,

This guy used the center drops that are left after you create a bell out of an oxygen bottle, to make a rocket stove,,

https://www.instructables.com/Upcycl...za-Oven-Attac/

This rocket stove has been upgraded,, to be a grill, but, that may be the enhanced version of the Oxy-Bottle Rocket Stove (I predict he will copyright that name!! )

Here is a pic of just the rocket stove part, without the grill,,

Furthermore, I predict, that if he sets up the stove outside at the entrance of a show, with a fire going,, the stove will sell out, no matter what the price is!!
    (DO you know how many people are "stuck" at home due to COVID!!?? They will buy anything that will entertain them,, at home)

Will this be the END of bell manufacture?? We NEED to know how many Rocket Stoves are gonna be sold in 2022,,

Just kidding, we ALL know, PSA will NEVER stop making bells,,,

Have you seen any ideas for PSACustomCreations to build??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here Is ANOTHER Project For PSACustomCreations,, for when he gets BORED!!

Thanks. I have seen these before, but have never made one.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

As many YouTubers show I think the Pizza oven is a slick idea for the rocket stove
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

Post Thanks / Like

OK, the Rocket Stove was a bust,, I gotta try again,,
    I remembered this one, because of another thread I was reading,,

When we installed new counters, we wanted an overhang, kinda forming a "breakfast nook" .

Well the granite guys said I could not overhang granite the 12.5 inches that I wanted to go,,
    They said the granite would crack, and break off if someone leaned on it,,
    I told them to let me worry about the cracking,,,

I added a wood support to the far side, that is the same wood as the floor is made out of,, and stained it to match the cabinets.
    THAT wood block is not moving,,

THEN,,,

I CNC cut a "decorative" angle gusset, to support the other end of the granite.
    (I put decorative in quotes,, engineers are usually only functional, not decorative!!)
    LOTS of structure was added to the cabinet, the gusset was bolted in place,
    then,, I shimmed the gap between the gusset and the granite slab.

There is a hole pattern matching piece of 5/16" plate inside the cabinet, to make sure the bolts did not pull into the wood.

My gusset in the pic is 11" long, 7" tall, and 5" wide.

I Plasma cut it out of 5/16" steel, it is only welded on the "inside" so that my "welds" are not as easily visible.
    The "rattle can" copper colored paint has held up for about 14 years now,,

I do not think anything like this is available,, especially, if you wanted "Custom Dimensions",,

That granite, and gusset, have been in place since 2008,, I have seen my grandchildren sit on that corner,,,
    It has not been damaged,, yet!!

He might need to offer this on AMAZON!!

5. Likes psacustomcreations liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    My granite is a lot thinner than yours....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

7. Likes SweetMK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Nice!
    My granite is a lot thinner than yours....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had just calculated the weight of our countertop..

It weighs ~450-500 pounds,,

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have my plasma table, I can start making gussets or other braces.

The issue as usual is time. I still have my real job so have to squeeze everything into what time I have left.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

10. Likes SweetMK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That the thing with a CNC plasma table you can spend a hour or two week nights drawing and planning projects to cut. On the week end load the metal flip a switch and cut the projects. Clean and finish when you have time, your the boss. Many different projects you can now do, now having a table. You can also mount a router and do wood projects, your choice.
    Cut parts for new tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    DIY CNC Plasma table USB BOB Price THC
    Hypertherm 65
    Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
    Miler 180 Mig
    13" metal lathe
    Mill/ Drill
    ECT, ECT,

12. Likes SweetMK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I was working on a design for a customer earlier today while working at the art gallery.
    On
    This is still an initial design and once I have a contract with the customer, I will finish it up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

14. Likes SweetMK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used steel supports on one of my granite overhangs too. They are available online for not much$. The type I used was nothing more than flat bar with a few holes in it and painted black. It goes all the way to the opposite side of the cabinet (basically full depth). You have to notch out the side for it (3/8" steel, IIRC) and then you screw it to the front. Much easier than a cantilever bracket off the side as the weight of the granite over the cabinet holds it down and basically it counterbalances (pun?) itself that way.

The one I used was like this:
    https://www.countertopbracket.com/co...idden-p/ib.htm
    -Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

16. Likes SweetMK liked this post