Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Speed Of Light

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    I have another example of "over unity".

Heat pumps.

At a first look, they appear to violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics, which states material at a lower temperature will always be at the receiving end of heat from a material at a higher temperature.

Heat pumps move heat at a lower temperature and dump it as heat into a material at a higher temperature. Net energy gain?

Attachment 1735790
    I install them did it for 14 years and I still do it for friends and family they are amazing devices. The units I put in my sons house go up to 6 COP which is six times more efficient than straight electric heat that is 100 percent efficient. They take heat from outside down to about five degrees and bring it inside. When it gets colder than that the electric strip heaters kick in. What makes it work here in NY is zone dampers. Each room in the house has its own thermostat and supply damper, the unit has a bypass damper that allows the air to bypass back into the return, to keep the static pressure low. This allows all the heat from the unit to treat just one room at a time, just like the mini-splits do that is their claim to fame, but we had been doing that long before the mini split. Most guys want no part of the installation which requires really good focus to make it all work especially if you are working in a hot attic. There is a lot of extra work, you might have to install six or ten thermostats, each thermostat needs an electrically powered zone damper, and you need a control board to tie everything together and give you options for control as well as an SAS (Supply, Air, Sensor) that will shut the condenser off if the output is either to hot or too cold to protect the evaporator coil in the air handler from freezing, or over heating especially in low stage heat pump mode, it takes out the compressor if the air over the indoor coil goes above 120 degrees which is as hot as you want it to get in low stage.

But the heat comes from outdoors, no doubt about it. But instead of focusing on what I am not understanding widen your scope and at least entertain what the insane lunatics in Washington may have devised to keep you from advancing further. Every bit of history shows the government attacks the sane individual and promotes the chaos or wrong theories because they cannot control intelligent people only fools. Like I have stated they let you patent stuff that is totally insane and not even doing what it claims it can do. But bring in an over unity device and it cannot exist because the laws of “science” say it cannot.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

what's really sad, is that your hero Ben Franklin would have probably instinctively understood these principles and certainly wouldn't have agreed with your inane theory of over unity.
    Ben Franklin built an over unity turkey spit and thought that electricity would end slavery as it could do pretty much anything that required physical power to do, like turn a turkey on a spit. But others are not so unselfish.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    But instead of focusing on what I am not understanding widen your scope and at least entertain what the insane lunatics in Washington may have devised to keep you from advancing further. Every bit of history shows the government attacks the sane individual and promotes the chaos or wrong theories because they cannot control intelligent people only fools. Like I have stated they let you patent stuff that is totally insane and not even doing what it claims it can do. But bring in an over unity device and it cannot exist because the laws of “science” say it cannot.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Washington does not control anything I do, I don't live in your country

If over unity devices were that simple and easy to prove the existence of, then some other country would have advanced the technology by now. China, or Germany, perhaps. They certainly wouldn't have been restricted by any government. Every government the world over is looking for cheap clean energy sources now.

As you say "they cannot control intelligent people only fools" - so you're saying that by and large, most people are fools? There are some incredibly clever scientists and engineers out there. Not just in USA, but in pretty much every country now.
    Even in 3rd world countries you get ever more sophisticated methods of theft, such as wireless electricity theft from high voltage lines.
    Washington cannot control all of these people The biggest thing I see from my point of view, that America has been instrumental in, is restricting nuclear technology in countries it sees as a threat. And that's a point of view that may be incorrect.

If you invented a TRUE over-unity device, you'd have every tech company in the world on your doorstep asking to develop it.
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

If over unity devices were that simple and easy to prove the existence of, then some other country would have advanced the technology by now. China, or Germany, perhaps. They certainly wouldn't have been restricted by any government. Every government the world over is looking for cheap clean energy sources now.

As you say "they cannot control intelligent people only fools" - so you're saying that by and large, most people are fools? There are some incredibly clever scientists and engineers out there. Not just in USA, but in pretty much every country now.
    Even in 3rd world countries you get ever more sophisticated methods of theft, such as wireless electricity theft from high voltage lines.
    Washington cannot control all of these people The biggest thing I see from my point of view, that America has been instrumental in, is restricting nuclear technology in countries it sees as a threat. And that's a point of view that may be incorrect.

If you invented a TRUE over-unity device, you'd have every tech company in the world on your doorstep asking to develop it.
    Now that Washington DC has the same keep them stupid attitude there is not much pressure from other countries to make America stop. No other countries government is going to say something about giving the people more power. Some might still let them have guns but in no way will they let them have the understanding of the atom or electricity, and most do not even want them to have guns, what kind of fools cannot handle a gun? A car is a 5,000 pound projectile.

Sincerely,

Wiliam McCormic

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Franklin... thought that electricity would end slavery as it could do pretty much anything that required physical power to do
    And he wasn't wrong.
    If we wanted the comforts we are all used to today, but with the available technology from 150 years ago, we would have to have multiple household servants. Someone to stoke the fires, someone to process and cook food, someone to keep the lamps topped up with oil... etc etc.
    Cotton harvesters are a marvel of modern technology IMO, and I shudder to think of the backbreaking labour of the slaves and then poorly-paid workers who used to do this.
    In calorific terms, the rich would use the calories of servants to do their work for them. We have replaced these calories with electrical calories instead.

We have, literally, invented devices using energy, to do pretty much any job requiring physical labour, just as Franklin thought.

There was a discussion the other day on Reddit about what is the most decadent thing we have in the western world. One reply was something that really got me thinking about how we have advanced:
    - We have the finest water quality available in the world, and spend a lot of effort filtering and pumping this water into our dwellings. And every day, we literally take a dump in it.
    Last edited by Munkul; 01-20-2022 at 06:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as tech companies wanting perpetual motion I doubt it highly, I am pretty sure someone messing around with electronics has come across it and found that it was not wanted by the powers that be.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Now that Washington DC has the same keep them stupid attitude there is not much pressure from other countries to make America stop. No other countries government is going to say something about giving the people more power. Some might still let them have guns but in no way will they let them have the understanding of the atom or electricity, and most do not even want them to have guns, what kind of fools cannot handle a gun? A car is a 5,000 pound projectile.
    The principles behind everything, from the cathode tube right up to the atom bomb, are freely available on the internet. To nearly everyone in the world.

If you want to cry about freedom, you should live in China, they have some quite severe restrictions on their own citizens, they have no freedom to worship and the media/internet is heavily censored. They are actually going backwards, I have heard 2nd hand accounts just last year of peaceful Christian meetings (the same ones we have across the rest of the world) being broken up and told that they are no longer allowed. In previous years the authorities would monitor these meetings occasionally to make sure there was no insurrection or anti-governmental feelings etc. I personally know some of these people and i know they would never come near anything approaching anti-governmental feelings, as it is anti-Christian.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as tech companies wanting perpetual motion I doubt it highly, I am pretty sure someone messing around with electronics has come across it and found that it was not wanted by the powers that be.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Oh, so a lone researcher discovers this, but his superior immediately shuts it down? You're talking about 50-60 years of scientists and engineers across the WORLD.
    That would be a LOT of researchers and a LOT of supervisors/managers to keep quiet... We'd be talking thousands of people per country.

Its a conspiracy, man

Post Thanks / Like

The principles behind everything, from the cathode tube right up to the atom bomb, are freely available on the internet. To nearly everyone in the world.

If you want to cry about freedom, you should live in China, they have some quite severe restrictions on their own citizens, they have no freedom to worship and the media/internet is heavily censored. They are actually going backwards, I have heard 2nd hand accounts just last year of peaceful Christian meetings (the same ones we have across the rest of the world) being broken up and told that they are no longer allowed. In previous years the authorities would monitor these meetings occasionally to make sure there was no insurrection or anti-governmental feelings etc. I personally know some of these people and i know they would never come near anything approaching anti-governmental feelings, as it is anti-Christian.
    What you get on the internet is not always reality. They are using “science” to say things that are not true.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

What you get on the internet is not always reality.
    I can agree with this wholeheartedly

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, so a lone researcher discovers this, but his superior immediately shuts it down? You're talking about 50-60 years of scientists and engineers across the WORLD.
    That would be a LOT of researchers and a LOT of supervisors/managers to keep quiet... We'd be talking thousands of people per country.

Its a conspiracy, man
    Yea and each one that comes across it finds himself talking with me about it and cannot believe that no one does anything about it and then does not do anything about it. I told you a guy legitimately was arguing that it does not take energy for a helicopter to hover, I swear that is the truth. The power needed to hold a helicopter off the ground is whatever the helicopter weighs every second which is a constant force of about 20,000 pounds. But according to a couple people that had pages of hieroglyphics to prove it, it is true it takes no energy to hold a helicopter off the ground. What can you do with people like that? How would you possibly prove your point about over unity to people like that. Their math is just misapplied and misunderstood. Math the way they learned it has limitations that are comical and instead of fixing it they just justify it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Yea and each one that comes across it finds himself talking with me about it and cannot believe that no one does anything about it and then does not do anything about it. I told you a guy legitimately was arguing that it does not take energy for a helicopter to hover, I swear that is the truth. The power needed to hold a helicopter off the ground is whatever the helicopter weighs every second which is a constant force of about 20,000 pounds. But according to a couple people that had pages of hieroglyphics to prove it, it is true it takes no energy to hold a helicopter off the ground. What can you do with people like that? How would you possibly prove your point about over unity to people like that. Their math is just misapplied and misunderstood. Math the way they learned it has limitations that are comical and instead of fixing it they just justify it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    In their defense you could hold a helicopter off the ground with a two horse power motor and a hydraulic pump and piston, but you could also move it upwards with the same system.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an explanation for how a boat goes faster than the wind - it all has to do with angle. I don't know where you get the ~2.7 times, but per this article:
    "A fast iceboat can achieve an apparent wind of 7.5° and a speed of six times the true wind speed on a course that is 135° off the wind. "

Read the link - no magic, no over unity, just physics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-performance_sailing
    Tweco Fabricator 211i
    Sieg X2
    AMT radial arm drill press
    AMT belt/disk sander
    HF 4X6 bandsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    Here is an explanation for how a boat goes faster than the wind - it all has to do with angle. I don't know where you get the ~2.7 times, but per this article:
    "A fast iceboat can achieve an apparent wind of 7.5° and a speed of six times the true wind speed on a course that is 135° off the wind. "

Read the link - no magic, no over unity, just physics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-performance_sailing
    We are totally aware of this, it is a case of using the winds velocity that against a sail create so many pounds of force that it can drive a boat or an ice craft faster than the speed of the wind. But the ice car cannot go faster than the wind with the wind parallel to the wind, as far as I know, it can just go faster than the wind on a diagonal. This car we are talking about takes the torque from the wheels and converts it to propeller rotation. And using that propeller rotation the car can go 2.7 times faster than the wind that they are claiming is pushing it. In other words the wind is no longer pushing the car the rotation of the propeller powered by the wheels is pushing the car. That is why they put streamers all over the car so that they could show the wind is not pushing the car anymore. There is wind on the face of the driver driving the car. And if you watched that last video I posted the car on the treadmill moves against the physical force of the treadmill and the physical force of the wind created by the treadmill, and the car will drive off the front the treadmill. An object that does not create energy will just fly off the back of the treadmill. The car takes the force of the treadmill and converts to an opposite force that is greater than the force applied which means over unity. Sorry that is just a fact.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Try plugging in an old cathode ray tube with the markings on the tube, to our current markings for electricity it will not function. But if you reverse the wiring it will function. So I am not sure what is available on the internet is worth two cents. People just read about it and go wow now I understand! Heck now they understand neutrons, bosons, pions, gluons, moons, and many more, except they do not even exist, there is one sub matter particle the particle of electricity at varying velocity. They talk about wave lengths creating different types of light but wave length is frequency, and although there are ways to adjust frequency to create different color light, doing so just just alters the velocity of a particle of electricity so that it will impart a certain color light on a surface. Matter is more than 90 percent empty space, it has no mass, weight, or inertia, it only has its charge. And when experiments were done proving this politicians wet themselves. So now things are so complicated they and a lot of us will die from ignorance. This is not a conspiracy the government came out and said it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

technically a mig arc could be called a cathode ray (electron beam in modern terms) but it's more accurately called an arc flash where the air is superheated into a plasma where large amounts of current can flow.
    A pure e-beam only transfers relatively low amounts of current and usually in a vacuum.
    In MIG operation reverse polarity DC current the power supply is supplying power from the workpiece to the MIG wire. The MIG wire reciprocates with a cathode ray that is not of the power supply, because it is a higher voltage and is going in the opposite direction. A pure silent DC Straight polarity beam of electrons delivers all of its current to the workpiece much more precisely than MIG or ARC welding because it is only going in one direction. MIG welding has flow of electricity going in two directions and the reciprocation from the MIG wire is an ARC that can be easily steered away from heat, electrical charge or magnetism, where straight polarity TIG is not effected unless you get to temperatures that are extremely high and or within structures that can focus heat back to the TIG torch.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

ehhh.... Nah, you've lost me. Good fishing expedition, but your bait isn't as interesting any more

Post Thanks / Like

ehhh.... Nah, you've lost me. Good fishing expedition, but your bait isn't as interesting any more

What are you talking about that is how it works.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Well..... The speed of light instantaneous you say. I can only add this. Mind you I won't go so far as to post links to said articles, I shall leave that to you to search and read.
    In 1905 dear Uncle Albert stuck his oar in the river of science. It is called Special Relativity.
    In 1914 dear Uncle Albert gave us 1 more. It is called General Relativity.
    Einstein was accused once of standing on Newton's shoulders because of the math used in the 2 theories........to which Einstein promptly replied " Hell no. I stood upon Maxwell's shoulders!"
    Uncle Albert was right. You need study time dilation my friend then perhaps think about GPS. All this info is available via Google.
    Speed of light is a number well known.
    Now the "ONE" way speed of light....cannot be calculated ^_^

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, I had hoped this thread had disappeared into the darkness..........

21. Likes MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    OMG, I had hoped this thread had disappeared into the darkness..........
    Sorry I am new here and couldn't help myself. ☢️

23. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Jodo, for a newcomer, that's a tough way to blend in here. You gotta learn to pick your posts, LOL. Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    i understand the feeling perfectly... it's too easy to bite, sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

If you are driving at the speed of light
    And you turn on your headlights,
    Does anything happen?
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    If you are driving at the speed of light
    And you turn on your headlights,
    Does anything happen?
    Yes the photons pushing out of the headlights will slow you down and the guy behind you will rear-end you.
    ---Meltedmetal

28. Likes shortfuse, Munkul liked this post