Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 474

Thread: Speed Of Light

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    Gotta make a trip for more popcorn!! I think this is starting to resemble the old political thread!!
    Make some more for me! At least this thread is harmless, unlike the old political one. I enjoy the back and forth, sorta....

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Big Lake/Monticello MN
    Posts
    15,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    It is true I have seen some very good people use math amazingly efficiently and I was almost convinced of false things. Until I asked the teacher how she came to that conclusion of placing values where she did, and at that point the class fell apart. It ended up with her insulting me and everyone in the class. Because although the students could perform the math faster than me they really weren’t learning why they were doing the math like that, other than from being told to do so by the teacher. So when the teacher asked the class to tell the idiot “me” what I was missing no one could, and basically called them all idiots. And when she couldn’t do it either it was all too funny.

    Dave you are a dinosaur so do not take offense.

    Sincerely,

    Wiliam McCormick
    I've never been stumped by a student's question I prefer difficult questions, they are more interesting.

    I found that by encouraging questions, students tended to ask questions beyond the current topic. That makes for a more interesting day.

    However, I am now only teaching shop classes, and helping students during shop with their math classes when needed.

    I've been a dinosaur for a while, a very young one, so no offense taken
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    A dinosaur has leaned to only hit the middle nail not the left or right.
    Odds by finding out the left or right will change your and hope they invented pain pills.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I've never been stumped by a student's question I prefer difficult questions, they are more interesting.

    I found that by encouraging questions, students tended to ask questions beyond the current topic. That makes for a more interesting day.

    However, I am now only teaching shop classes, and helping students during shop with their math classes when needed.

    I've been a dinosaur for a while, a very young one, so no offense taken

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I've never been stumped by a student's question I prefer difficult questions, they are more interesting.

    I found that by encouraging questions, students tended to ask questions beyond the current topic. That makes for a more interesting day.

    However, I am now only teaching shop classes, and helping students during shop with their math classes when needed.

    I've been a dinosaur for a while, a very young one, so no offense taken
    So what is your thought about light having to communicate at infinite velocity in order to deliver an unadulterated image of the actuality of a solar system or galaxy? Based on triangle math and a taught fixed velocity of C for light?

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    If you want to read about something that will blow your mind, read about "quantum entanglement" or "quantum twinning."

    If I understand it correctly, if two particles are quantum twins, and they have two positions -- let's say ON or OFF or HEADS or TAILS -- if the position of ONE of those twins changes, the position of its twin changes instantaneously so that they are always the same, no matter how far apart they are.

    People thought that the two particles would have to somehow "communicate" with each other to maintain the same "heads or tails" configuration, but the particles could be separated by hundreds of light-years in distance, and they would still instantaneously mirror each other's position changes.

    I think Einstein called this "spooky action at a distance" ... interesting idea, and I believe that the notion of "quantum computing" depends on it.

    More:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement
    I don’t know about blowing my mind, but I could see young people wanting truth, getting that and blowing their brains out.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    The assumption on the first post is that the galaxy is an object,, kinda like my wife's car, viewed on an angle,,

    Name:  sIVyuFd.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  364.3 KB

    What we see in the galaxy pic are many objects, each projecting basically a "dot",, so the image is made up of the dots.

    The resultant image is very similar to the final image printed on a piece of paper, on a dot matrix printer (am I "dating" myself?)
    If you have ever seen a dot matrix printer print a heavily detailed image, it can take MANY minutes to complete.

    But, when you view it, you can not tell which dot was printed first, and which was printed last, it is just a conglomeration of dots. WHEN the dot was printed is of no concern.

    If the stars are moving in relation to each other, what we see is the position at the time the light arrives to us, NOT when the light left the star.


    The same is true of the galaxy image. We see the "dots".
    Heck some of those "dots" have been sucked into black holes,, LIGHT YEARS AGO,, but we see them.
    The fact that the light left the star at different times it TOTALLY immaterial.

    Quigley PROVED all of this, when he shot those guys off their horses,, the bullet impacted, but, the sound took 3 seconds to travel to the surviving cowboys ear,,,
    The cowboys shot the Aborigines',, the bullet arrived almost instantly, at the same time as the surviving Aborigine heard it,

    That does not mean the bullets were not fired at different times, and the bullets arrived, AT THE SAME TIME!!
    Last edited by SweetMK; 12-20-2021 at 07:02 PM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    So besides most of our understanding of electricity, the speed of light and truck scales being wrong, what else are most people's commonly accepted ideas that are wrong?

    How about Archimedes Principle in relation to buoyancy? Does a boat or ship float due to displacement or are they actually repelling the water due to electrical forces ?


    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    It is the square inches of surface area that can have pressure exerted against them to lift the object and the water pressure against that number of square inches in my opinion. But of course underlying that, no sub matter particles have ever touched and no two protons have ever touched, as matter is just an electrical effect.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    The assumption on the first post is that the galaxy is an object,, kinda like my wife's car, viewed on an angle,,

    Name:  sIVyuFd.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  364.3 KB

    What we see in the galaxy pic are many objects, each projecting basically a "dot",, so the image is made up of the dots.

    The resultant image is very similar to the final image printed on a piece of paper, on a dot matrix printer (am I "dating" myself?)
    If you have ever seen a dot matrix printer print a heavily detailed image, it can take MANY minutes to complete.

    But, when you view it, you can not tell which dot was printed first, and which was printed last, it is just a conglomeration of dots. WHEN the dot was printed is of no concern.

    If the stars are moving in relation to each other, what we see is the position at the time the light arrives to us, NOT when the light left the star.


    The same is true of the galaxy image. We see the "dots".
    Heck some of those "dots" have been sucked into black holes,, LIGHT YEARS AGO,, but we see them.
    The fact that the light left the star at different times it TOTALLY immaterial.

    Quigley PROVED all of this, when he shot those guys off their horses,, the bullet impacted, but, the sound took 3 seconds to travel to the surviving cowboys ear,,,
    The cowboys shot the Aborigines',, the bullet arrived almost instantly, at the same time as the surviving Aborigine heard it,

    That does not mean the bullets were not fired at different times, and the bullets arrived, AT THE SAME TIME!!
    You just broke the laws of modern science by claiming that light somehow left a far off point from the viewer at the same time light left a point near to a viewer by over 100 million years and somehow that far off moment in time is going to reach a viewer at the same time and bring the same moment to the viewer that is 100 million years closer to the closer point, and then you compared that to a dot matrix printer. These are the relentless poor explanations teachers were giving kids rather than just facing down the counterintelligence operation which is not a conspiracy because it was openly announced. People just never asked how stupid they would have to be to hide the secret of the atom bomb. If beams of light leave a moving object and do not transmit instantly across the universe you could never see the object as a whole object, where it is located, the way it is oriented, if it is moving even slightly, it would look nothing like the object it left to any viewer. When you make up a lie like C is absolute it is so ridiculous that no one could believe supposed scholars just said that without cause and try to give it merit. But it has no Merit. A new beam of light in darkness does take time to create, but once created transmission of current events takes place.

    You are not calculating a moving objects projection which if the velocity of light was C, (the velocity to create a beam of light in a vacuum), it would mean that one side of the galaxy might not be in the picture when the light from the farther side reached the viewer. So you would never see the actuality according to modern science.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    You just broke the laws of modern science by claiming that light somehow left a far off point from the viewer at the same time light left a point near to a viewer by over 100 million years and somehow that far off moment in time is going to reach a viewer at the same time and bring the same moment to the viewer that is 100 million years closer to the closer point, and then you compared that to a dot matrix printer. These are the relentless poor explanations teachers were giving kids rather than just facing down the counterintelligence operation which is not a conspiracy because it was openly announced. People just never asked how stupid they would have to be to hide the secret of the atom bomb. If beams of light leave a moving object and do not transmit instantly across the universe you could never see the object as a whole object, where it is located, the way it is oriented, if it is moving even slightly, it would look nothing like the object it left to any viewer. When you make up a lie like C is absolute it is so ridiculous that no one could believe supposed scholars just said that without cause and try to give it merit. But it has no Merit. A new beam of light in darkness does take time to create, but once created transmission of current events takes place.

    You are not calculating a moving objects projection which if the velocity of light was C, (the velocity to create a beam of light in a vacuum), it would mean that one side of the galaxy might not be in the picture when the light from the farther side reached the viewer. So you would never see the actuality according to modern science.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    So, I believe you only perused my post, rather than read it,,
    I even used the Quigley example to clarify.

    Light from the far side is way different in time than the near part of the image. Can you not believe that an image can be made up of light from different periods of time?

    Trust me, an image can easily be composed from different periods in time.

    A galaxy is not as simple as a moving freight train, which is the basis of your explanation of how light travels,,,, It takes a little more in depth thinking,,

    I JUST (at 9:10 P.M.) had to run my granddaughter back to her home, so she could pick up PJ's to spend the night.
    She asked how the frost could be frozen on the car windshield, and the temperature is only down to 36 degrees F.
    The sides of the car are actually 36 degrees, and the windshield is ice covered.
    It took the entire 15 minute trip to get her to understand that a car can in fact have ice on the windows,, at 36 degrees F.

    All aspects of heat must be considered, to understand how the moisture became frozen,, not simply the thermometer reading.
    That is the same as the galaxy image.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    So, I believe you only perused my post, rather than read it,,
    I even used the Quigley example to clarify.

    Light from the far side is way different in time than the near part of the image. Can you not believe that an image can be made up of light from different periods of time?

    Trust me, an image can easily be composed from different periods in time.

    A galaxy is not as simple as a moving freight train, which is the basis of your explanation of how light travels,,,, It takes a little more in depth thinking,,

    I JUST (at 9:10 P.M.) had to run my granddaughter back to her home, so she could pick up PJ's to spend the night.
    She asked how the frost could be frozen on the car windshield, and the temperature is only down to 36 degrees F.
    The sides of the car are actually 36 degrees, and the windshield is ice covered.
    It took the entire 15 minute trip to get her to understand that a car can in fact have ice on the windows,, at 36 degrees F.

    All aspects of heat must be considered, to understand how the moisture became frozen,, not simply the thermometer reading.
    That is the same as the galaxy image.
    If light leaves a moving object and you believe that light is not instantaneous then you must realize that the light that left an object, where it was, the orientation it was in, will get to a viewer at the rate of 186,000 or 186,267 miles a second. I am saying it light is instantaneous or everything even up close would be skewed. You cannot have it both ways, either light is instantaneous or you do not know what you have been looking at according to the rather poorly thought rules of science.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    So, I believe you only perused my post, rather than read it,,
    I even used the Quigley example to clarify.

    Light from the far side is way different in time than the near part of the image. Can you not believe that an image can be made up of light from different periods of time?

    Trust me, an image can easily be composed from different periods in time.

    A galaxy is not as simple as a moving freight train, which is the basis of your explanation of how light travels,,,, It takes a little more in depth thinking,,

    I JUST (at 9:10 P.M.) had to run my granddaughter back to her home, so she could pick up PJ's to spend the night.
    She asked how the frost could be frozen on the car windshield, and the temperature is only down to 36 degrees F.
    The sides of the car are actually 36 degrees, and the windshield is ice covered.
    It took the entire 15 minute trip to get her to understand that a car can in fact have ice on the windows,, at 36 degrees F.

    All aspects of heat must be considered, to understand how the moisture became frozen,, not simply the thermometer reading.
    That is the same as the galaxy image.
    Imagine mercury transiting the sun. When it gets directly between the axis of the sun and the axis of the earth, it should look like a dot in the center of the sun. The problem is that, the centered picture will take 4.3 minutes to get to earth and because the solar system is moving at about 500,000 miles an hour or 138 miles a second depending on which side of the sun they are lined up on, the earth could be 38,000 miles out of alignment with that picture of mercury centered in the sun at that angle; or much more because the earth is also orbiting the sun. Which means that picture can never get to the earth according to modern science. By the time that perfect picture with mercury centered in the sun got to earth, earth would not be there to receive that picture at that angle ever. That is why those that continue to argue this cannot be very good scientists because they do not want to know if it is that cut and dry, and that their leaders are very nice truly incompetent boobs, or hideously evil truly incompetent boobs. Once you create light communication is instantaneous.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Near Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    I am saying it light is instantaneous or everything even up close would be skewed.
    You cannot have it both ways, either light is instantaneous or you do not know what you have been looking at according to the rather poorly thought rules of science.
    Again, you are confusing looking at a train on this planet with a light source that is so far away, that a different thinking is needed. Distance, distance, distance.
    Just because you see a star from a distant galaxy, does not equate to the fact that the star still exists.
    The star can emit the light, then, like a campfire in your backyard, slowly burn out. The star, like the campfire, at some time is burned out to the point that it does not emit light.

    Well, the light that the star emitted, is STILL traveling to earth,, at some point, you see it.
    JUST because you see it has ZERO impact on the fact that the star is currently burned out, and no longer emitting light.

    20 generations of humans from now will will still look up and be amazed by the light that came from that star,,
    THAT has ZERO impact on the fact that the star burned out long ago.

    Now, back to the train. You can sense the train, your eyes "SEE" the train, your ears "HEAR" the train.

    If you happen to stand in one spot, and have a train come past at say, 50 miles per hour, and the train whistle is blowing, you see, and hear the train.
    Now, put an instrument on top of the locomotive that interprets the frequency of the train whistle , and records the frequency on a chart recorder.

    As the train travels along, the chart recorder displays that the whistle frequency does not change. The whistle continues to operate.

    As the train travels away from you, what your ears "SENSE" is that the frequency of the whistle is falling.
    When the train was close, the whistle was a high pitch, as the locomotive becomes far away, you sense that the sound of the train is a low pitch.
    JUST because you sense a change in frequency does not mean the frequency of the whistle on top of the locomotive is changing,,
    in fact the frequency the whistle is producing is not changing. That chart recorder is proof of the stable frequency.

    Your senses were "fooled",, by other factors that impacted the sound. DISTANCE


    Back to the "skewed" image.
    Set up a camera, and record a image of the left half of a 10 mile long mountain today,,
    then, keep the camera in the exact location, and record the image if the right half of the mountain 100 years from now.

    After the completion of the second half of the image, have Walmart print out the picture. (YES, Walmart will STILL be printing pictures then!!)
    The mountain picture will "look" like the image was captured at one instant, not 100 years apart in time. There is ZERO skewing visible in the image of the mountain.
    We could have had the camera record 1% of the width of the mountain every year, for that 100 years, then produce the picture.
    The mountain picture will still look like it was captured at one instant, not over different years.

    This is exactly what is happening in the image of the galaxy that Hubble is capturing.
    That galaxy is exactly the same as the mountain, to us.
    If objects in that far away galaxy are moving, they may be moving at what? maybe 17,000 miles per hour? Paltry, compared to the speed of light.
    AND for Hubble to record motion, how far would that sun have to move? maybe a light year or more in distance to even be detectable?
    A couple light years, divided by 17,000 miles per hour is a pretty long time (no, I am not gonna calculate that for you)

    We are so far away, that the size of the galaxy is compressed to a point that there is zero relative motion that can be sensed, even hundreds or light years apart, in time.
    Distance of the train away impacts the sound frequency, distance of the galaxy away impacts the relative motion of the galaxy.

    Hence,, there is ZERO motion to "skew" over the micro amount of time involved in the 100 light years or so variation of time of the galaxy picture..
    The image Hubble records looks like it was captured in a similar manner that I captured the image of my wifes car.

    Now, if you set up a camera, and capture an image of that galaxy, at say, the beginning of our planet,,,
    then, capture another image at the second time, when our sun dies down to a burned out cinder,
    Yes, I agree, those two images MAY show some skewing,, MAY,, I just took a guess, I have not done the math..

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by SweetMK View Post
    Again, you are confusing looking at a train on this planet with a light source that is so far away, that a different thinking is needed. Distance, distance, distance.
    Just because you see a star from a distant galaxy, does not equate to the fact that the star still exists.
    The star can emit the light, then, like a campfire in your backyard, slowly burn out. The star, like the campfire, at some time is burned out to the point that it does not emit light.

    Well, the light that the star emitted, is STILL traveling to earth,, at some point, you see it.
    JUST because you see it has ZERO impact on the fact that the star is currently burned out, and no longer emitting light.

    20 generations of humans from now will will still look up and be amazed by the light that came from that star,,
    THAT has ZERO impact on the fact that the star burned out long ago.

    Now, back to the train. You can sense the train, your eyes "SEE" the train, your ears "HEAR" the train.

    If you happen to stand in one spot, and have a train come past at say, 50 miles per hour, and the train whistle is blowing, you see, and hear the train.
    Now, put an instrument on top of the locomotive that interprets the frequency of the train whistle , and records the frequency on a chart recorder.

    As the train travels along, the chart recorder displays that the whistle frequency does not change. The whistle continues to operate.

    As the train travels away from you, what your ears "SENSE" is that the frequency of the whistle is falling.
    When the train was close, the whistle was a high pitch, as the locomotive becomes far away, you sense that the sound of the train is a low pitch.
    JUST because you sense a change in frequency does not mean the frequency of the whistle on top of the locomotive is changing,,
    in fact the frequency the whistle is producing is not changing. That chart recorder is proof of the stable frequency.

    Your senses were "fooled",, by other factors that impacted the sound. DISTANCE


    Back to the "skewed" image.
    Set up a camera, and record a image of the left half of a 10 mile long mountain today,,
    then, keep the camera in the exact location, and record the image if the right half of the mountain 100 years from now.

    After the completion of the second half of the image, have Walmart print out the picture. (YES, Walmart will STILL be printing pictures then!!)
    The mountain picture will "look" like the image was captured at one instant, not 100 years apart in time. There is ZERO skewing visible in the image of the mountain.
    We could have had the camera record 1% of the width of the mountain every year, for that 100 years, then produce the picture.
    The mountain picture will still look like it was captured at one instant, not over different years.

    This is exactly what is happening in the image of the galaxy that Hubble is capturing.
    That galaxy is exactly the same as the mountain, to us.
    If objects in that far away galaxy are moving, they may be moving at what? maybe 17,000 miles per hour? Paltry, compared to the speed of light.
    AND for Hubble to record motion, how far would that sun have to move? maybe a light year or more in distance to even be detectable?
    A couple light years, divided by 17,000 miles per hour is a pretty long time (no, I am not gonna calculate that for you)

    We are so far away, that the size of the galaxy is compressed to a point that there is zero relative motion that can be sensed, even hundreds or light years apart, in time.
    Distance of the train away impacts the sound frequency, distance of the galaxy away impacts the relative motion of the galaxy.

    Hence,, there is ZERO motion to "skew" over the micro amount of time involved in the 100 light years or so variation of time of the galaxy picture..
    The image Hubble records looks like it was captured in a similar manner that I captured the image of my wifes car.

    Now, if you set up a camera, and capture an image of that galaxy, at say, the beginning of our planet,,,
    then, capture another image at the second time, when our sun dies down to a burned out cinder,
    Yes, I agree, those two images MAY show some skewing,, MAY,, I just took a guess, I have not done the math..
    On one hand you say that light does take years to get to you and on the other you are saying that will have no effect on getting a perfect picture to a viewer. And that is just false and shallow thinking.

    The distances are 100’s of millions of years in time when talking galaxy’s but that is not necessary to prove the reality. People are claiming that they are seeing things that could not be seen if light were not instantaneous. As I said the shot of mercury transiting the sun when Mercury is exactly between the sun and the earths axis, could never be seen. And if light did not travel instantaneously you would be receiving pictures from other previous angles at the same time you received that perfect centered picture that would be a skewed picture of that event, plus pictures from past positions of mercury when it was at an earlier position that would be getting to you at the same time. So that it would look like a black streak across the sun not a neat and clean round circle. But again you took a picture of your wife’s car to explain something like we are talking about, like most teachers would to try to explain away their failed career.

    Where is Minnesota Dave with his triangle math to confirm this?

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Still nothing but absolute gibberish from an actual scientific standpoint. None of your gedankenexperiments hold any water what so ever. Zero proof.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    The education system is a religious cult in my opinion and not just for this one tiny lie of theirs about light not being an instantaneous communication after a beam is established, but for hundreds of other lies they tell about electricity, chemicals, accidents, words and their definitions. They scraped a couple recent moon missions because they said the radiation in the Van Allen belt would kill the astronauts, that was when many of the Universities were claiming the Apollo missions were a hoax. Yet the astronauts went to the moon. The universities today will tell you that Benjamin Franklin did not fly a kite in an electrical storm, because it is impossible, but that does not mean they know their butt form their elbow it just means they are incompetent boobs spreading ignorance with lies, and faith created through peer pressure, a cult basically.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    6,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    In history they said you could not break the speed of sound .
    Light speed is same until we break the speed of light it can not be broken.

    Commutation is first step , what will that look like?

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    On one hand you say that light does take years to get to you and on the other you are saying that will have no effect on getting a perfect picture to a viewer. And that is just false and shallow thinking.

    The distances are 100’s of millions of years in time when talking galaxy’s but that is not necessary to prove the reality. People are claiming that they are seeing things that could not be seen if light were not instantaneous. As I said the shot of mercury transiting the sun when Mercury is exactly between the sun and the earths axis, could never be seen. And if light did not travel instantaneously you would be receiving pictures from other previous angles at the same time you received that perfect centered picture that would be a skewed picture of that event, plus pictures from past positions of mercury when it was at an earlier position that would be getting to you at the same time. So that it would look like a black streak across the sun not a neat and clean round circle. But again you took a picture of your wife’s car to explain something like we are talking about, like most teachers would to try to explain away their failed career.

    Where is Minnesota Dave with his triangle math to confirm this?

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Big Lake/Monticello MN
    Posts
    15,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    This thread makes me think of this scene in Spaceballs

    I'm no expert in this field, but I like reading the back-and-forth though.

    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    It was heresy to believe the Earth orbited the Sun in the 1600's. It was later excepted to be true.

    In the 19th and early 20th century, it was believed that light traveled thru an Aether and Einstien also believed this. It was later proved that the the Aether doesnt exist. Im not convinced about that one but Einstien also predicted Quantum theories and special relativity theories that have been proven and has the existance of Black holes.

    William McCormick's theories are debatable but someday some smart guy may prove him rite? Light does travel at the speed of C but if a standing wave could be modulated at one end then whos to say it doesnt respond instantaneously at the other end? Somewhere in Spin theory its believed that 360* is not a full revolution.

    From Stephen Hawkings spin theory I quoted some useless but interesting stuf:

    Quote:

    Theories were always being changed to account for new observations. They were never properly digested or simplified so that common people could understand them. You had to become an expert, and even then you could only hope for a proper understanding of a small portion of scientific principles.

    There really is a complete unified theory, which we will someday
discover if we are smart enough.

    There is no ultimate theory of the universe, just an infinite
sequence of theories that describe the universe more and more accurately.

    There is no theory of the universe. Events cannot be predicted
beyond a certain extent but occur in a random and arbitrary manner.

    End Quote:

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    As I said the shot of mercury transiting the sun when Mercury is exactly between the sun and the earths axis, could never be seen. And if light did not travel instantaneously you would be receiving pictures from other previous angles at the same time you received that perfect centered picture that would be a skewed picture of that event, plus pictures from past positions of mercury when it was at an earlier position that would be getting to you at the same time. So that it would look like a black streak across the sun not a neat and clean round circle.



    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    William, your error in this idea is that you seem to think the light from the past position of Mercury stops and stays with you. The light from 10 minutes before you see Mercury perfectly positioned in the center of the orb that is the sun is now 10 minutes at the speed of light past your position. You can no longer see it. The light from 10 minutes in the future has not reached you yet. So just a nice round orb.
    ---Meltedmetal

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Universal Moms' theory. "Don't stare at the sun" If you stare at the sun your gonna see spots.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Still nothing but absolute gibberish from an actual scientific standpoint. None of your gedankenexperiments hold any water what so ever. Zero proof.

    Can you see the problem here? At least at one point the observer on earth is going to see Mercury twice if light is traveling at only 186,000 miles a second. Because the light leaving mercury at its upper most position in my graphic sent a picture first, that image according to “modern” science is only traveling at 186,000 miles a second. But since it left first it will arrive simultaneously with another picture of Mercury that left closer to the observer but at a later time. The problem is that you would not be able to see reality if light was not instantaneous. This is simple triangle math, with velocity and distance. Once the stage is lit, lights communication is instantaneous across the universe.

    Those are pickup trucks representing lights journey at a fixed velocity.

    Name:  oscar.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  17.0 KB

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    I do see the problem there. Either Mercury needs to exist in 2 places at the same time or be moving in excess of the speed of light. neither of which is true.
    ---Meltedmetal

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    I do see the problem there. Either Mercury needs to exist in 2 places at the same time or be moving in excess of the speed of light. neither of which is true.
    In the four minutes that it takes light to get to the earth from mercury, when mercury and the earth are closest, Mercury will have moved over sixty thousand miles about 40 diameters of Mercury. So the images of mercury that left before Mercury got to the last position being currently viewed will be arriving at the exact same moment to the viewer. This is according to “modern” science, we have always know light is instantaneous communication.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master” George Washington.

    Yet today the government owns and operates what the world believes to be science. That is not only sad it is dangerous and perhaps the final utter failure of our civilization.


    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,656,575,063.60530 seconds with 12 queries