+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Of Light

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Of Light

Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    In the four minutes that it takes light to get to the earth from mercury, when mercury and the earth are closest, Mercury will have moved over sixty thousand miles about 40 diameters of Mercury. So the images of mercury that left before Mercury got to the last position being currently viewed will be arriving at the exact same moment to the viewer. This is according to “modern” science, we have always know light is instantaneous communication.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Nope. Mercury emits/reflects light from the 1st position but not at the second for another 4 minutes by that time the first emission has reached you but the emission from the second position won't arrive for another 4 minutes by which time the first and everything in between has passed you by. In theory if you could exceed the speed of light you could buzz out into space and look back and see the past but you could never go there because as you returned to your point of origin(in excess of the speed of light) time would "appear" to accelerate so that when you arrived at the point of origin you would still be experiencing real time which would not have changed for you during the entire trip.
    ---Meltedmetal

2. Likes MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is very interesting!! Seriously I never realized we had so many astrophysicists among us. I think that's the right term but not sure. Like I've said this is way above my paygrade so I'm strictly a spectator.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

4. Likes Oscar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Break out the popcorn!!
    Not an astrophysicist here but things have to make sense to me. Instantaneous flashes of light across many millions of miles doesn't make sense to me nor has William made an argument for it that I find sensible. Maybe one day he'll turn out to be right, but I don't think so at this point. These are things that need to be discussed at the backyard BBQ after a few wobbly pops . Maybe when we have that spaceship that exceeds the speed of light we'll finally find out who and how many people murdered JFK. Want some more opinions/questions? There is and will never be time travel(except as postulated above) but extremely rapid travel could in theory "appear" to shift time. There are no folds in space but under certain conditions(and math) there may "appear" to be folds. To which I would say go back and check your math, but that's just me. Some postulate space is finite, if it is what does it rest in? If it's not how are we so arrogant to think that our "Big Bang" is the only one? Why does the entire assembly of matter have to be centered around where we happen to exist? Why not others still out of the range of what we have discovered? Many questions, few positive answers. Science at one level has always been-"We know what we know, until we know something else, and then we know that." And for the religious folks out there "How many spirits can dance on the head of a pin? And what dance are they doing?"
    ---Meltedmetal

6. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You never watched Star Track or Saw Wars.
    That makes you a pro.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    This is very interesting!! Seriously I never realized we had so many astrophysicists among us. I think that's the right term but not sure. Like I've said this is way above my paygrade so I'm strictly a spectator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    I do see the problem there. Either Mercury needs to exist in 2 places at the same time or be moving in excess of the speed of light. neither of which is true.
    Mercury will travel about 4192 miles in the time it takes light to make up the extra distance from the observer. That one extra pickup truck represents about 32 seconds on the longer distance. Mercury will be almost three diameters away from the original spot and will now be at a different angle and distance from earth and the light at that moment will now be in sink with the light from the past moment according to insane “modern” scientists. But again I am guesstimating at the those ratios because mercury has different orbit elevations and different velocities. But the math says it cannot be. But forgetting that, the solar system is moving at about 450,000 miles an hour. So if light was not instantaneous you would never see the light from the sun at the angle it left the sun. Because as the light left the sun the earth would move about 68,000 miles from where it was when the light left the sun for earth. So of course light is instantaneous.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

Farmer Sam drives almost as fast as scientists claim light transmits reality.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    The same way some members here who are not doctors distribute medical "information"......
    i havent noticed that here, but if so, its only "information", and not treatment. but everyday/all day, in the real world, globalists frontmen/presidents/politicians/govoners/mayors/ biiboards/employers and movie/pop stars some of which didnt even finished high school (none being medical doctors) telling/forcing medical treatment on everyone, for a cause/subject matter that cant stand the light of day

11. Likes William McCormick, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    i havent noticed that here, but if so, its only "information", and not treatment. but everyday/all day, in the real world, globalists frontmen/presidents/politicians/govoners/mayors/ biiboards/employers and movie/pop stars some of which didnt even finished high school (none being medical doctors) telling/forcing medical treatment on everyone, for a cause/subject matter that cant stand the light of day
    But on that note I have found that, a big dose of aspirin, and tonic water has always helped me when I get my ten or twelve year flu. I chew the aspirin or let it dissolve under my tongue. Tonic water is amazing at shrinking swelling of joints, and even swelling of the sinuses and inner ear very cool stuff. And if my nose is clogged I take NyQuil and I am one happy individual.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Mercury will travel about 4192 miles in the time it takes light to make up the extra distance from the observer. That one extra pickup truck represents about 32 seconds on the longer distance. Mercury will be almost three diameters away from the original spot and will now be at a different angle and distance from earth and the light at that moment will now be in sink with the light from the past moment according to insane “modern” scientists. But again I am guesstimating at the those ratios because mercury has different orbit elevations and different velocities. But the math says it cannot be. But forgetting that, the solar system is moving at about 450,000 miles an hour. So if light was not instantaneous you would never see the light from the sun at the angle it left the sun. Because as the light left the sun the earth would move about 68,000 miles from where it was when the light left the sun for earth. So of course light is instantaneous.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    I may have miscalculated Mercurys velocity however that graphic in its scale will produce that effect with an object going about 60,000 miles a second. No where near the speed of light but also no where near the speed of mercury that is going about 30 miles a second, I think I forget to divide by twelve. But try to understand I know light is instantaneous communication so this is like doing some senseless math exercise for me.

Sincerely,

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like white lighting to me.

Dave

Farmer Sam drives almost as fast as scientists claim light transmits reality.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

15. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post

What is with the anti freeze in Covid vaccine? A lot of people have a severe reaction to polyethylene glycol I know I am allergic to it. If it gets on a cut it swells up. They probably use the anti freeze Polyethylene glycol to protect the substances while in deep freeze couldn’t they use glycerin which is also an anti freeze or something else instead? Glycerin breaks down to glucose in the body. Some survival packs actually have that in it.

Did anyone see that colonel a woman doctor that had to ground three pilots after they got the injection, because they reported they had symptoms that made it so they couldn’t fly? They took her off that duty and she was saying that every day three jet liners full of people die of malpractice and those are the just the ones that are reported or proven. And forcing the entire army to take that injection that does seem to have long term effects on many people including brain fog seems a little crazy. Anti Freeze used to be the number one weapon of choice of women to get rid of their husbands very hard to catch unless you are looking for it.

https://dothaneagle.com/news/state-a...8ec9cd6fe.html

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Sounds like white lighting to me.

Dave

We better stop Farmers insurance just raised his rates.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

You need some reason to raise rates or He could be using for moon shin ⛽ for fuel and the steering is just worn out.
    He will get repaired after his headache goes away.

Dave

I think have hard of all the reason.
    If they come to work on Monday a had a pile steel that needs slag removed.
    For some reason the coming after the headache was gone.

We better stop Farmers insurance just raised his rates.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Last edited by smithdoor; 12-22-2021 at 12:20 AM.

19. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I've never been stumped by a student's question I prefer difficult questions, they are more interesting.

I found that by encouraging questions, students tended to ask questions beyond the current topic. That makes for a more interesting day.

However, I am now only teaching shop classes, and helping students during shop with their math classes when needed.

I've been a dinosaur for a while, a very young one, so no offense taken
    It was about multiplying and dividing ratios. And everybody was just doing like the book said. And my question was how do you know where to put which value? The kids had done twenty problems already like a calculator would, but I couldn’t do one until I learned the reason for putting those values where they went. But no one in the class knew what we were doing it for including the teacher. The book suggested some use for this math which seemed interesting, but I couldn’t see how from the values given you would know where to place them in the formula. And no one else did either. I think since then I have figured it out but it is scary what people will absorb as truth today.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

I got my third Covid shot and 3 vaccine in one week on chemotherapy.

So are you afraid of that 30 Guage need too?
    I do not gamble with my life I want the odds in my corner.

Dave

95 percent of the 6,000 people on board the ship were vaccinated, 48 people got Covid which is less than one percent, 98 percent of them had the vaccine. So actually only one person without the vaccine got Covid. So of the 300 people without the vaccine one got Covid. I will pass on the vaccine and besides I am allergic to PEG. Because 0.84 percent of the people that had the Vaccine got Covid and 0.3 percent of those without vaccine got Covid.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

What is with the anti freeze in Covid vaccine? A lot of people have a severe reaction to polyethylene glycol I know I am allergic to it. If it gets on a cut it swells up. They probably use the anti freeze Polyethylene glycol to protect the substances while in deep freeze couldn’t they use glycerin which is also an anti freeze or something else instead? Glycerin breaks down to glucose in the body. Some survival packs actually have that in it.

Did anyone see that colonel a woman doctor that had to ground three pilots after they got the injection, because they reported they had symptoms that made it so they couldn’t fly? They took her off that duty and she was saying that every day three jet liners full of people die of malpractice and those are the just the ones that are reported or proven. And forcing the entire army to take that injection that does seem to have long term effects on many people including brain fog seems a little crazy. Anti Freeze used to be the number one weapon of choice of women to get rid of their husbands very hard to catch unless you are looking for it.

https://dothaneagle.com/news/state-a...8ec9cd6fe.html

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    well, id fall in the forementioned category of those who didnt finish high school, w/ english,science,biology being my worst subjects, so take that in acct on what i got to say. the reason (i dont know if its true), that they might put poisen in vaccines is so it hits you body/immune system hard, and in the vaccine w/ the rock/poisen is a little bit of the virus/disease. ideally not enough virus/disease or stong enough to give u the disease. so the poisen hits u like a rock, the rock is lightly laced w/ the virus/disease. so afterward, if your body gets confronted w/ that same virus/disease by someone else or in the air, etc , ur immune system remebers that rock that hit it smells like , and it knows to fights back hard. i think that theory is mostly used for non-live vaccines. i think alot of poisens work there way out of ur body in a short time. but what damge did they do while they were there. also i think many vaccines/flu shots have mercury in them, and how long that stays in ur body may be a long time. mercury has go to be right up there w/ nuclear waste, and it serves as a preservative for vaccine in bottle, and it would go as a poisen in the other theory i mentioned. probabaly aluminum or who knows what else they put in there. so u mentioning antifreeze/poly glycol, well that would be right there w/ what im saying, if it were in there for a legitimate reason. i havent spent much research on so called covid vaccine, for 3 big reasons. 1. i aint gonna be taking it. 2. im unable to seperate the lies from the truth. 3. medical tyranny is moving so fast, i cant keep up, every other day , they got a new angle. but back to the antifreeaze, that stuff is in deoderant, thats why i buy my deoderant/toothpaste from a health food store. the deoderant i use dont got aluminum/antifreeze in it, that **** is bad for u. flouride in toothpaste bad too as u know. but back to the covid vaccine, it called a mrna vaccine, and its a totally different thing that the past live/dead vaccines. and early on, i heard that it was kept in liquid nitorgen till shortly before being admistered, which made me think it wouldnt need preservatives in it. as far as the airforce pilots ur talkin, i think theres alot more of bad/fatal reactions going on than it hitting the news. look at babe ruth, he went on camera while getting the vaccine, to try to sway the black community, inot taking it. marvelous marvin hagler was another, he died the next day i think. - so that is my belief anyway, as that is what i heard somewhere
    Last edited by 123weld; 12-23-2021 at 04:20 PM.

23. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

250 Thousand people die a year of malpractice. I personally believe if they added the people that were put on ventilators those numbers would be higher.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    i think 250,000 is the number of malpractice deaths that they arent able to cover up a yr. the real number would be much , much, higher. also, to my memeory, if u got in a car accident and it damaged ur liver from the steering wheel column speering u, and they kept u alive for over 30 days in the hospital, ur death certificate wouldnt say died of car accident, irt would say u died of liver failure. 30 days is the cutoof line, i think. so if the dr/nurses screwed u up, and they kept u alive for 30 days+, would that then be considered malpractice of natrual causes etc. and the amount of people they screwed up but didnt die, would be in the millions undoubtably. i also wondered/thoght about the ventilator count, as there were dr's/nurses being censored immediatly in ny and other places, discussing problems w/ it. i think, or heard, that in some states, the hospitals get a extra 26,000 dollar bonus per head, that they hook up to a ventilar.
    Last edited by 123weld; 12-23-2021 at 04:34 PM.

25. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thread that's headed off in a different direction.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

27. Likes shortfuse liked this post
    Dislikes William McCormick disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think, I tripped over some light today, I was up instantaneously. So fast, almost like it didn't happen.

29. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    Another thread that's headed off in a different direction.
    Yep, going in the direction of the old political thread.....

31. Dislikes William McCormick disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to speed of light, political thread is not needed
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

33. Likes shortfuse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    Back to speed of light, political thread is not needed
    No, but I kept reading this thread after the first few posts just to see how long it would take for vaccines to show up
    Tweco Fabricator 211i
    Sieg X2
    AMT radial arm drill press
    AMT belt/disk sander
    HF 4X6 bandsaw

35. Likes shortfuse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, back to the science.
    William, what theory or explanation do you have to state "All stars are white balls viewed from space"? Not only does red and blue shift alter the color of light a star is emitting, science says the un-shifted colors vary depending on the temperature of the star. Here is a good link that discusses star color
    https://www.atnf.csiro.au/outreach/e...ry_colour.html
    Tweco Fabricator 211i
    Sieg X2
    AMT radial arm drill press
    AMT belt/disk sander
    HF 4X6 bandsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    OK, back to the science.
    William, what theory or explanation do you have to state "All stars are white balls viewed from space"? Not only does red and blue shift alter the color of light a star is emitting, science says the un-shifted colors vary depending on the temperature of the star. Here is a good link that discusses star color
    If you are in space all stars are white. Once the light comes through the daytime blue atmosphere it is turned yellow. But if you ever get a chance to look at the sun when it is directly overhead you will see it is not so yellow, and as it rises and sets it is more yellow and even orange and red. So it is not the color of the sun rather the atmosphere we see it through.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    OK, back to the science.
    Hubble shoots black and white, they add the color.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist