Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Of Light

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Of Light

You guys may know that I sport some pretty contradictory views compared to “modern” science but the truth is that it is pretty easy to prove how poor modern science is with some pretty common sense stuff. We all watched them create a beam of light from the moon and it took 1.26 seconds. But myself and others believe that once established communication is instantaneous over that beam. Modern science says nay.

If you take a look at this picture I drew you might be able to see why light has to be an instantaneous communication because if it was not you would not be able to look at the reality of what is there, even over short distances images would become skewed. But you can see clearly here that there is no way you could see a galaxy as it is if light was only communicating at 186,000 miles a second.

Name:  galaxy2.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  36.7 KB

Also consider a far off image taking hours to get to you, during that time that image would have to pass through other areas other objects other lighting effects and each would have to be super imposed over the original, it would be like not advancing the film in an old film camera and opening the aperture again and again. It could never work.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

2. Likes Beefman, CAVEMANN, kjemison1966 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Of Light

But myself and others believe that once established communication is instantaneous over that beam
    I understand your theory but respectfully disagree.
    I would equate communication over light to analogous to someone spraying water out of a 50' garden hose, yes it's (water compared to light in this example) continuous but if you put dye in the input end of the hose it doesn't come out right away. I know, different properties but it's the first example I could think of LOL........Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    I understand your theory but respectfully disagree.
    I would equate communication over light to analogous to someone spraying water out of a 50' garden hose, yes it's (water compared to light in this example) continuous but if you put dye in the input end of the hose it doesn't come out right away. I know, different properties but it's the first example I could think of LOL........Mike
    You took a shallow look at it, but that is ok, in the case of a galaxy it would be a whole bunch of water hoses spraying water to a single location. And if you put let us say red dye in the hose furthest from the telescope and red dye in the hose closest to the telescope the red dye from the closest hose would get there first. Which when watching a moving object by way of light and what modern scientists call light-years which means years in difference of when the red dye would start flowing, it would not give you a rational picture of the moving object. Unless light as it was taught pre World War Two is instantaneous after the beam is created.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting!

I've never considered this nor do I recall anyone bringing up this argument.

It is my understanding that an arc takes much more energy to start (spark) than to sustain, perhaps light behaves in a similar manner.

If it is instantaneous after establishment I wonder if it would be akin to quantum entanglement.

I wonder what many of our pictures of galaxies, constellations, etc would look like if positions were corrected for whatever light travel time delay truly exists.

Our understanding of galaxy and celestial body shapes could be completely wrong, and based on this delay. Perhaps the spiraling shapes we "see" are actually just different waves of resistance the light must travel through before reaching the point of observance.

6. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But myself and others believe that once established communication is instantaneous over that beam.
    In simple terms, similar to those 5 balls that when you drop the first, the end one moves immediately, or at least what you think is immediately.

You took a shallow look at it....
    Hey....I represent that LOL

And if you put let us say red dye in the hose furthest from the telescope and red dye in the hose closest to the telescope the red dye from the closest hose would get there first.
    That is true but once the furthest steam became visible as well as the closest one, the observer at the end of the stream would have no idea that here was a distance/time difference between the two streams.

it would not give you a rational picture of the moving object
    Yup, I get your drift.
    So you're saying that if your theory is true, any object as in your drawing, should be not be skewed/stretched and it's actually not using your theory.
    What about the possibility that from our vantage point, the objects are moving so slowly in relation to us and our equipment is so in-exact that we can't perceive any motion?.

Our understanding of galaxy and celestial body shapes could be completely wrong, and based on this delay. Perhaps the spiraling shapes we "see" are actually just different waves of resistance the light must travel through before reaching the point of observance.
    Sorta what I was getting at.

How the hell did we ever get on this subject in a welding forum :-) .........Mike
    Last edited by mrmikey; 12-18-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    How the hell did we ever get on this subject in a welding forum :-) .........Mike
    The same way some members here who are not doctors distribute medical "information"......

9. Likes denverd0n, Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The same way some members here who are not doctors distribute medical "information"......
    I'm always up for a good argument as long as it stays polite, I like to think I can see others point of view and do not expect others to agree with me nor me them. When it gets to the point that we start repeating ourselves and no one seems to be turning the others view, I just agree to disagree....amicably .....Mike.

Just remembered an expression a fella I worked with used to say all the time, couple actually, "you wanna do it my way or your stupid way" or 'opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one...some stink"
    Last edited by mrmikey; 12-18-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is, Light is really really fast. Almost as fast as the speed of light.

How does motion occur if communication is instantaneous? If you slice up the beam would there have to be chance occuring per slice? Like stop motion? Otherwise, it would seem static, like a single chord played continuously?

Post Thanks / Like

This is way above my paygrade so I'll sit back and eat my popcorn.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

The big question is if going light speed and you turn a flashlight what happens?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    This is way above my paygrade so I'll sit back and eat my popcorn.
    HF 170 welder
    HF 4x6 band saw
    South Bend 9N
    Mill
    B&D mag drill
    Victor torch

14. Likes Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    The big question is if going light speed and you turn a flashlight what happens?

Dave
    I heard of folk being fast enough to get into bed before the room gets dark. So, there must be some delay.

16. Likes William McCormick, Roert42 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    I heard of folk being fast enough to get into bed before the room gets dark. So, there must be some delay.
    And then some folks don't make it to the bathroom in time to turn lights on.
    I just heard it

18. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MAC, good question and you made me think

I don't subscribe to that ideo tho

I've always wondered about heterodyne and light

Post Thanks / Like

I looked up the definition and it's still above my paygrade. Just made fresh popcorn.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

21. Likes shortfuse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave
    Dave, that's pretty heavy if you think about it! What happens if your going double the speed of light, does it go backwards?

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Post Thanks / Like

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Dave, that's pretty heavy if you think about it! What happens if your going double the speed of light, does it go backwards?
    I think Einstein asked "what does a beam of light look like to someone who is traveling at the speed of light?" or something along those lines...

Post Thanks / Like

Then double speed of light.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    I think Einstein asked "what does a beam of light look like to someone who is traveling at the speed of light?" or something along those lines...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    I looked up the definition and it's still above my paygrade. Just made fresh popcorn.
    Will you make some extra popcorn for me, please?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    it is pretty easy to prove .....But you can see clearly ...you might be able to see....you would not be able to....no way you could see

William McCormick
    With all due respect, you have not produced an actual proof. Your wording is more indicative of confirmation bias. Show the math. It's been a while, but I can still grasp up to early graduate-level differential geometry on manifolds, Lagrangian/Classical/Quantum Mechanics, Special & General Relativity.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

27. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post
    Very interesting!

I've never considered this nor do I recall anyone bringing up this argument.

It is my understanding that an arc takes much more energy to start (spark) than to sustain, perhaps light behaves in a similar manner.

If it is instantaneous after establishment I wonder if it would be akin to quantum entanglement.

I wonder what many of our pictures of galaxies, constellations, etc would look like if positions were corrected for whatever light travel time delay truly exists.

Actually up until World War Two scientists knew light was particles of electricity that transverse the universe in the blink of an eye. When they are negatively accelerated by formations of matter, they create light. Once a light beam is formed it is all instantaneous communication from one side of the universe to the other.

My guess is that next they will make learning triangle math illegal. Sorry Minnesota Dave. Heck they mislabeled electricity, and claimed that there is no such thing as perpetual motion or over unity.

Derek of Vertasium on YouTube was riding in an over unity device and is now proving it to other professors. Pretty cool stuff. In the defense industry this has been known since before World War Two. I think the thought of a couple million Japanese kamikaze fighters in perpetual motion aircraft was just a little much to live with. And Benjamin Franklin who created the first open air capacitor had an over unity turkey spit.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Last edited by William McCormick; 12-19-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    With all due respect, you have not produced an actual proof. Your wording is more indicative of confirmation bias. Show the math. It's been a while, but I can still grasp up to early graduate-level differential geometry on manifolds, Lagrangian/Classical/Quantum Mechanics, Special & General Relativity.
    The image I attached is Andromeda drawn to scale, but you can plug those distances in the image I am attaching into simple triangle math and you will see the distance from the far edge of the galaxy to the telescope is much further than the distance from the near edge of the galaxy which would make looking at the galaxy as it existed at some point in time as a whole impossible. You do not need math just balls to face it.

Since they destroyed the real scientific method no one can actually prove anything on a scientific level anyway. This image shows approximately where one of the space telascopes is in comparison to Andromida. Along with the approximate measurements. Obviously the light from the far end of the galaxy to the telescope if restrained to C the speed of a freshly created beam of light in a vacuum is going to get to the telescope hundreds of millions of years after the light from the closest part of the galaxy hits the telescope. All the evil they did to science is this easily proven, math has almost nothing to do with understanding the problem I am presenting, it an observational and logic operation. Light is instantaneous communication once a beam is established or else you could never see reality.

Consider if light wasn’t instantly seen across the galaxy, that a far off image slowly moving across the universe at C passing through events minutes, days, weeks, months, years, decades, hundreds of years later. That the image would get superimposed by every thing that at a later date passed through that line of sight of the original image. You would never see anything as it was, not even close. But they told us that they were going to do this on purpose to dumb down the populous to keep them from understanding the super weapons that can be made from understanding how the universe actually works.

Even the field of welding knuckled under by changing MIG (Molten Electrode, Inert, Gas) To (Metal Electrode, Inert, Gas) the reason is a molten electrode is a diode that creates a high voltage Cathode ray against the flow of the power supply. That is what ARC stands for (Anode, Rectified, Cathode).

Name:  Andromida-3.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  33.6 KB

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    Last edited by William McCormick; 12-19-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is, Light is really really fast. Almost as fast as the speed of light.

How does motion occur if communication is instantaneous? If you slice up the beam would there have to be chance occuring per slice? Like stop motion? Otherwise, it would seem static, like a single chord played continuously?
    When I say instantaneous I mean instantaneous across the universe. Universal Scientists figured out what is at the edges of the universe that allows this.

Today they claim they cannot measure the speed of a beam of light, but they could measure the speed of a beam of light pretty easily, if they wanted to. Or if they were not afraid of the results, by using wires cut the same length from the two annunciating devices recording light one at the start of the beam and one at the end of the beam. But no one wants to go there. Look at what happened to those kids that got a grant to bend a beam of light. They bent things in the lab but they couldn’t bend light. They were literally thrown out of college and black balled when they made the results known. The government pulled the grant and the college distanced themselves from the kids.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

William,
    You do realize that the "pictures " of remote galaxies you see are all renderings. They're not from some astronaut with his cell phone out there. Made from multiple images, though multiple filters, even beyond visible light, different times and positions then assembled and colorized to look attractive to the viewer.
    ---Meltedmetal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    William,
    You do realize that the "pictures " of remote galaxies you see are all renderings. They're not from some astronaut with his cell phone out there. Made from multiple images, though multiple filters, even beyond visible light, different times and positions then assembled and colorized to look attractive to the viewer.
    The space telescopes can see them but the color is added to them.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

Post Thanks / Like

There are an infinite number of particles passing through your body at any given moment at that universal blink of an eye crossing velocity. That is why you can go from 25 pounds of ammonium nitrate to artificial gravity creating, atomic bomb, in seconds. The power created by the bomb is not in the bomb.

Light has to do with surfaces. When light hits an iron object, the particles that created the light do not change course, they positively accelerate back to invisible ambient radiation in the iron. Unless the other side of the iron is also being hit with ligt rays then they slow down a tiny bit and carry a picture of the lit surface to another surface perhaps your retina.

Sincerely,

William McCormick