Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 451 to 474 of 474

Thread: Speed Of Light

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    You had better only do that during daylight hours.....

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    AJO, ARIZONA
    Posts
    4,692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    I'm so sorry .................UNCLE ALBERT.

    NRA LIFE MEMBER

    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  3. Likes mla2ofus, 12V71 liked this post
  4. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central CA
    Posts
    403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I'm so sorry .................UNCLE ALBERT.
    If you don't stop posting this nonsense and get something done today, you're going to be in trouble.

    Tim

  5. Likes 12V71, CAVEMANN liked this post
  6. #454
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    What happens if you're driving backwards at the speed of light and turn your headlights on? Do the photons just fall down on the ground?

  7. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
  8. #455
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    6,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    What happens if you're driving backwards at the speed of light and turn your headlights on? Do the photons just fall down on the ground?
    Due to the high speed and centrifugal force, The photons will morph into dilithium crystals which will cause a controlled matter/antimatter reaction within the entire vehicle itself...
    and consequently propel the vehicle to even higher speeds than light... the resulting speed will generate immense heat that will eventually vaporize the entire vehicle... and nobody wants that. (especially going backwards)
    Please drive safely out there.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  9. #456
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Oh drat. I was hoping they would just fall down on the ground cause then they could be swept up and poked into a mold to make a light sabre. Separating the red ones from the blue ones might have been a bit challenging though come to think of it.

  10. #457
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Soda springs,Id
    Posts
    5,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Due to the high speed and centrifugal force, The photons will morph into dilithium crystals which will cause a controlled matter/antimatter reaction within the entire vehicle itself...
    and consequently propel the vehicle to even higher speeds than light... the resulting speed will generate immense heat that will eventually vaporize the entire vehicle... and nobody wants that. (especially going backwards)
    Please drive safely out there.
    So you're going faster than light speed through an atmosphere??
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

  11. #458
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    AJO, ARIZONA
    Posts
    4,692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by timrb View Post
    If you don't stop posting this nonsense and get something done today, you're going to be in trouble.

    Tim
    It's my day off..................oh wait! Everyday is my day off! But, I'm still sorry .............................uncle Albert! I wondered if anyone would catch on.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 03-24-2022 at 11:37 PM.

    NRA LIFE MEMBER

    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  12. #459
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    6,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    So you're going faster than light speed through an atmosphere??
    Never question the great and powerful OZ
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  13. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central CA
    Posts
    403
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I wondered if anyone would catch on.
    Great minds think alike. I was worried that no one would catch on that I'd caught on.

    Tim

  14. #461
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    So you're going faster than light speed through an atmosphere??
    No different than some of the other fiction on the thread, LOL!

  15. Likes mla2ofus liked this post
  16. #462
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Well..... The speed of light instantaneous you say. I can only add this. Mind you I won't go so far as to post links to said articles, I shall leave that to you to search and read.
    In 1905 dear Uncle Albert stuck his oar in the river of science. It is called Special Relativity.
    In 1914 dear Uncle Albert gave us 1 more. It is called General Relativity.
    Einstein was accused once of standing on Newton's shoulders because of the math used in the 2 theories........to which Einstein promptly replied " Hell no. I stood upon Maxwell's shoulders!"
    Uncle Albert was right. You need study time dilation my friend then perhaps think about GPS. All this info is available via Google.
    Speed of light is a number well known.
    Now the "ONE" way speed of light....cannot be calculated ^_^
    There is no such thing as time dilation. That was just an inaccurate atomic clock that they cannot fix with so many variables around it.

    As far as perpetual motion look at the heat pumps, in a fifty five degree ambient temperature you can apply 930 watts to the heat pump and get 18,700 BTUs out of it. It requires 0.293 watts to create one BTU. If you wanted to create 18,700 BTUs with electric resistance heaters which are 100 percent efficient you would need 18,700 x 0.293 = 5,479.1 watts to do it. But with a heat pump only using 930 watts you get about six times the BTUs, 5,479.1 divided by 930 = 5.89 times as efficient as electric heat which is 100 percent efficient. Seems like over unity to me. I had a friend that drove a steam car across the U.S. before World War Two, on two logs worth of heat. You guys need to face where you live. Bad steam accidents occur because people are not prepared for over unity.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  17. #463
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    This is the unit I put in my sons house. I chose it because it has a very high COP near the average winter temperature in our area.

    But you can see at 55 degrees that it uses 0.93 KW or 930 watts to create 18,870 BTUs which is 5.98 times the efficiency of 100 percent efficient resistive electric heat.

    Name:  Goodman two stage two ton.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  54.8 KB

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    Last edited by William McCormick; 05-23-2022 at 01:11 AM.
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  18. #464
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    This thread has had me speechless over how truly dangerously ignorant William is.
    However, his attacks on the currently accepted sciences is not a bad thing, as this alternative attitude is the reason why the current theories have been tested and proven as far as practicable.





    This is the easiest "theory" of yours to disprove, so I'll jump straight in here.

    The electrical energy from the battery charges both the capacitor to the same potential as the battery, and completes the circuit through the lightbulb, using energy and creating light.
    Disconnect the battery, and the energy stored in the capacitor is discharged into the lightbulb, keeping it lit, until the potential becomes 0.

    The only thing you have proved in this experiment is energy storage. You'd see a spike in current as the circuit is initially made, while the capacitor charges up. It has just pulled more energy from the battery than the lightbulb would have alone.

    At NO POINT in this experiment is there anything even slightly approaching "free energy" or perpetual motion.
    That's because it is an incorrect theory, it's literally impossible.

    The first law of thermodynamics characterizes the impossibility of perpetual motion. This was theorised in the 18th century by various scientists and mathematicians who all came to the same conclusions independently. People have been trying to disprove it ever since, and at no point in 300 years has anyone came close.

    Einstein's mass-energy equivalence formula was such a radical breakthrough because it dealt with sub-atomic particle bonds which up until that point, no-one understood.

    Since then, we have had no breakthoughs on this scale, although many have tried. Nanotech, superconductors, etc, nothing has given us the energy jump that we want and need. All just incremental advances in engineering.
    All energy sources we have and use today are UTTERLY characterised by the two theories I have mentioned.

    All we've had is the breakthrough in computing, which revolutionised the way we communicate and interact. But no quantum leap forward in energy terms.
    So your understanding of electricity is that a resistive element that is in series with a capacitor, will somehow allow more current to pass through it at the same voltage from the same power supply because there is a capacitor as opposed to the same circuit without the capacitor? Well that is is something you will have to work out for yourself, as a basic electrical course will teach you otherwise.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  19. #465
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    The principles behind everything, from the cathode tube right up to the atom bomb, are freely available on the internet. To nearly everyone in the world.

    If you want to cry about freedom, you should live in China, they have some quite severe restrictions on their own citizens, they have no freedom to worship and the media/internet is heavily censored. They are actually going backwards, I have heard 2nd hand accounts just last year of peaceful Christian meetings (the same ones we have across the rest of the world) being broken up and told that they are no longer allowed. In previous years the authorities would monitor these meetings occasionally to make sure there was no insurrection or anti-governmental feelings etc. I personally know some of these people and i know they would never come near anything approaching anti-governmental feelings, as it is anti-Christian.
    Who is crying about freedom? If I would like more freedom at the cost of human life I would get it. It just does not seem like a reasonable exchange at this time. As far as the Chinese they aught to get control of their government, as should we.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  20. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    2,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Name:  ancient-aliens.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  99.6 KB

    I'd come back with a proper argument but what is the point? no-one is going to convince you to believe anything other than what you've planted in your own head
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

  21. #467
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Name:  ancient-aliens.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  99.6 KB

    I'd come back with a proper argument but what is the point? no-one is going to convince you to believe anything other than what you've planted in your own head
    Which easily verifiable information do you not agree with?

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  22. #468
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    The principles behind everything, from the cathode tube right up to the atom bomb, are freely available on the internet. To nearly everyone in the world.

    If you want to cry about freedom, you should live in China, they have some quite severe restrictions on their own citizens, they have no freedom to worship and the media/internet is heavily censored. They are actually going backwards, I have heard 2nd hand accounts just last year of peaceful Christian meetings (the same ones we have across the rest of the world) being broken up and told that they are no longer allowed. In previous years the authorities would monitor these meetings occasionally to make sure there was no insurrection or anti-governmental feelings etc. I personally know some of these people and i know they would never come near anything approaching anti-governmental feelings, as it is anti-Christian.
    You cannot just go on the internet and understand a cathode ray tube and the reason is that they reversed the accurate markings Benjamin Franklin put on electricities polarity. He called an abundance of particles of electricity positive and a shortage of particles of electricity negative. Then when colleges were given an unfathomable amount of money by the government to hide the atom which requires hiding electricity colleges just made up excuses and then more and more excuses so that when you leave college you have no idea of how electricity works but you can perform some task with it. Like tribal medicine men do not know why their elixirs work but they do.

    You will never find a cathode ray tube explained correctly. Because it shows how electricity actually works. Why do you think so many welders have a problem understanding polarity and the different types of weld process they use? Because electricity is labeled backwards to the reality. There is no negative property displayed by a particle of electricity. It would be like saying negative heat makes things warm and positive heat makes things cold. It is beyond sad and the people that cannot live knowing they are just going through life not at the helm or in control of anything should man up.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  23. #469
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    2,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Yes... because everyone else in the world, including the last few generations of particle physicists, are wrong.

    What a load of hooey.
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

  24. #470
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Yes... because everyone else in the world, including the last few generations of particle physicists, are wrong.

    What a load of hooey.
    Well doctors did away with iron lungs that would have saved the covid patients, they teach kids the difference between men and women is in their minds. And they taught the last six generations that it is impossible to get through the Van Allen Belt because there is no way to block that kind of radiation even with many inches of lead. They teach that electricity travels from the negative to the positive and that the current flows from positive to negative. That is the exact equivalent of saying the river flows from the mountains to the oceans but the current is from the oceans to the mountains. Now all that is the definition of hooey.

    Particle physicists are basically angry people getting so much money from the government and doing nothing for humanity with it, living with that makes them angry. Add they are part of the team that say you cannot fly a kite in an electrical storm as Benjamin Franklin did, more than once, and you have the end of our civilization pretty much written in stone. We do not go back to the moon because we no longer posses the understanding of the atom and radiation which are both made of the same sub matter particle the particle of electricity. They teach kids there is an attraction force but cannot demonstrate or even explain it, because it does not exist. But they have followers as messed up as they are trumpeting their lunacy, which is communism/imperialism.

    Have you have ever seen young people with a masters degree answer very simple questions about their surroundings? It is almost hysterically funny if it did not prove the end of our civilization.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  25. #471
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Yes... because everyone else in the world, including the last few generations of particle physicists, are wrong.

    What a load of hooey.
    I would like to add that they have young kids spinning around to mimic an “electron's spin" in class. Again hysterically funny until you realize what kind of sick minds have brought that behavior to be part of our American curriculum. The reason you believe such idiocy is that you are part of the majority, 85 percent of people on earth will pick the wrong thing, do the wrong thing with a little fear or coaxing with peer pressure. That is why America is a republic and not a democracy.

    Look at the latest shootings in Texas, there should have been an armed teacher there to stop it. If teachers really love their students they would be teaching them real science, so it is doubtful they will carry a firearm to protect them. People need to realize that guns have nothing to do with a person with a death wish being able to kill some first graders, you just cannot stop that. If it is is not guns it will be incendiary devices or worse.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    Last edited by William McCormick; 05-25-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  26. #472
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Cumbria, UK
    Posts
    2,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by William McCormick View Post
    It is almost hysterically funny
    Almost, yes.

    Not biting any more
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

  27. #473
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Almost, yes.

    Not biting any more
    You do not think a young kid who loves electricity and goes to school and hears that the particles of electricity flow from the negative to the positive, and the current is measured from the positive to the negative because it is going in the opposite direction, could be turned off to electricity. From my experience the ones that continue on past that point are not understanding electricity but rather memorizing the crazy. So when some young kid with no hope of ever working with electricity in its twisted form picks up an AR-15 and unloads on school kids perhaps in his mind he is saving them from his fate. But go ahead keep justifying stupid.

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

  28. #474
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speed Of Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Almost, yes.

    Not biting any more
    Think about any field on earth, pneumatics, hydraulics, hydronics, and rivers, they all work on the principle of pressure, when there is more pressure you have positive pressure and those particles and substances move from an area of greater pressure to an area of lower pressure. Interestingly enough our beloved Benjamin Franklin discovered for the first time on earth that electricity worked the exact same way. Particles of electricity do move from an abundance to a shortage. Particles of electricity create an actual measurable pressure when you get a bunch of them packed into one area. Along with the phenomena of ARC (Anode, Rectified, Cathode) it totally explains electricity. There is no negative aspect to the particle of electricity, the only time you have a negative area is when you have a shortage of particles of electricity. So our education system is totally flawed and people just go around and make excuses because someone with a degree from a known and openly announced counterintelligence center said they should believe it. If that is where we live why is anyone fretting people getting killed?

    Sincerely,

    William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,657,039,943.88393 seconds with 15 queries