+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone made a kindling splitter?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone made a kindling splitter?

I have been thinking about the same thing, a kindling splitter. I may copy your base idea. I can't find any plate I'm willing to sacrifice and yours looks sturdy.

Post Thanks / Like

ArcTan, good job on the splitter! I like the four-way splitter blades. It should serve you well.

Post Thanks / Like

I also made one, not as sturdy as arc's, but scrap is scrap. I only had some 1/4 bar for the ring, but scrap... I stuck some springs on thumbscrews then welded them to the ring as "holder-aligners." They worked pretty good, at first. The diameter of the ring is 10"s. Of course that doesn't mean it's for 10" logs... so I was surprised to find a 10lb hammer being used with it. It doesn't look like the photo anymore.... .. .. so I caved an started using it as a max capacity splitter too! Sure beats swinging a splitting mall or driving a wedge!Name:  IMG_0090.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  74.8 KB

Thanks for the idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    I also made one, not as sturdy as arc's, but scrap is scrap. I only had some 1/4 bar for the ring, but scrap... I stuck some springs on thumbscrews then welded them to the ring as "holder-aligners." They worked pretty good, at first. The diameter of the ring is 10"s. Of course that doesn't mean it's for 10" logs... so I was surprised to find a 10lb hammer being used with it. It doesn't look like the photo anymore.... .. .. so I caved an started using it as a max capacity splitter too! Sure beats swinging a splitting mall or driving a wedge!Name:  IMG_0090.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  74.8 KB

Thanks for the idea!
    Hey looks good! I hadn't thought about anything to keep the wood aligned.

My "customer" returned it for a modification. Maybe I'll do it Wednesday or Thursday when it's a little warmer. My hood doesn't like to darken when it's this cold
    Glen

Red-D-Arc EX300 (Miller XMT304)
    Hobart Champion 16
    Hobart Hefty CC/CV
    Hobart Handler 140
    Lotos LTP5000D

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist