+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart dc 350 welder generator help please

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart dc 350 welder generator help please

Hobart dc 350 welder generator help please
    I own a older hobart generator dc350 engine driven welder . Serial number 12cw *41127 . Specs 4551 , engine perkins 4.107. My question is made up of many different questions. Im frustrated and can NOT find my problem. This welder generator from here on out will be called "unit"= my generator engine driven welder. So this unit has been in storage for a very long time . I put some tlc , basically check the oil , put diesel in there , drain radiator , and she started right up . This unit has the porta wire mig box . So I have the gun receptacle and the problem I am having is I want to stick weld with it , or use a Air Arc. I cannot get power to my leads what so ever . I can get the DC voltmeter to go up and down as I adjust the amperage but the left a judge does not move it or like it won't strike an arc at all. I've checked the brushes put some sandpaper on them lightly spun the Hub. I can get them big box to spool The Wire but nothing happens when I hit the trigger or if I was to stick Weld and I had a rod in there it would not strike an arc at all I took the panel down and there is like a what makes the contacts energized. As in
    Transformer or a gun contactor that looks like when it makes contact it energizes . Is that something that needs to have the magnetic field to touch and then you'll be able to strike your Arc cuz it looks like it rocks back and forth behind the main panel. I guess I'm just looking for some help if anybody could Point me or just have a conversation about this it would really help me out thanks have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobart dc 350 welder generator help please

I would go over all the brushes and holders again making sure the brushes are loose in the holders and have spring tension on them.

3. Likes rhunt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you need an owner's manual. go to the hobart welder web site and call them.
    Have the spec number and they will email you the manual for free.
    Depending on who answers the phone they might be able to answer your questions.
    Or send you to a shop that they know has worked on these.

5. Likes roen0202jake liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i know on some portable gas generators they need to be flashed after extended sitting time, maybe yours is like that?
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

7. Likes kjemison1966, roen0202jake liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean flashed ? You are the 2nd person to say that

Post Thanks / Like

I already tried they do not have anything , they had said that it was lost when the business had gotten sold back in the 90's. I would post some pics on here but I'm new to this forum . Be easy on me now! So Talked to a tech guy from up north where I live Hibbing , MN . I sent him the schematics that I had. I will update you when I talk to him . Thanks again for the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist