+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bought a multihandler 200

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a multihandler 200

So I was wanting a multi process for years, since they really started getting popular with the Lincoln etc. Always had access to a large mig and I have my "lunch box" stick welder. Last yr picked up a dedicated tig welder too. So covered for everything.. But sometimes welding at a friends or just out in the driveway it would be nice to have a lighter machine to just bring rght where im working and can do everything.
    I do a few odd jobs here and there for people so portability is nice.

I couldn't decide on what I wanted, I really would have liked a miller 215 or 235 but considering it's not something I need I couldn't justify it. Then the Lincoln 210 was always what I had wanted, but it was more money and from what I understand a bit trickier to set up for tig If I wanted and doesn't come with a tig torch.

I recently saw the esab emp 210 that only weighs in at 29 pounds, but de-rated on stick to 170, which would work for what I do.

I ended up going to the weld supply, and they had the hobarts sitting there, same price as the esab 210 and being under the same company as miller I thought it was a good choice in case of warranty etc.

I've tried it out on all 3 processes and it works really nice. I mostly use co2 for mig and it has a good arc with that in my opinion. For the price it seems like a good deal, easy to switch from processes. Has the gas solenoid that works for tig without a torch valve etc.

It does lack inductance settings and arc force etc, and not "auto set" but for me I don't really need all the extras. The inductance would help smooth out the arc with co2 but not necessary

over all I think it will do what I want just fine at a lower price than the blue or red.
    I was disappointed it wasn't made in the us though .. But I guess the lower price point does come from somewhere.

2. Likes NotaVegetarian, Louie1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought a multihandler 200

Almost bought one of those. Please let us know how you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine 2 years ago and really like it. I have done 3 small projects along with practice. I haven’t used it on 220V yet. Haven’t used TIG or flux but MIG and stick work great on it. Only thing that holds you back a bit is the duty cycle when u get going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nick121 View Post
    So I was wanting a multi process for years, since they really started getting popular with the Lincoln etc. Always had access to a large mig and I have my "lunch box" stick welder. Last yr picked up a dedicated tig welder too. So covered for everything.. But sometimes welding at a friends or just out in the driveway it would be nice to have a lighter machine to just bring rght where im working and can do everything.
    I do a few odd jobs here and there for people so portability is nice.

I couldn't decide on what I wanted, I really would have liked a miller 215 or 235 but considering it's not something I need I couldn't justify it. Then the Lincoln 210 was always what I had wanted, but it was more money and from what I understand a bit trickier to set up for tig If I wanted and doesn't come with a tig torch.

I recently saw the esab emp 210 that only weighs in at 29 pounds, but de-rated on stick to 170, which would work for what I do.

I ended up going to the weld supply, and they had the hobarts sitting there, same price as the esab 210 and being under the same company as miller I thought it was a good choice in case of warranty etc.

I've tried it out on all 3 processes and it works really nice. I mostly use co2 for mig and it has a good arc with that in my opinion. For the price it seems like a good deal, easy to switch from processes. Has the gas solenoid that works for tig without a torch valve etc.

It does lack inductance settings and arc force etc, and not "auto set" but for me I don't really need all the extras. The inductance would help smooth out the arc with co2 but not necessary

over all I think it will do what I want just fine at a lower price than the blue or red.
    I was disappointed it wasn't made in the us though .. But I guess the lower price point does come from somewhere.
    Fear not. Blue and Red are not made in USA either. Nor are any welders for over 15 years. Enjoy !
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart makes skookum welders. I think you will like it. Congrats.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what is going on with the foot pedal? The initial Hobart/Miller part number spec’d for the 200 proved incompatible. I understand that there is another part number pedal that works but Hobart hasn’t had them in stock for a while. I’ve seen complaints from several people about not being able to get a pedal. Other pedal manufactures like SSC don’t have a model that is supported by the 200.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist