+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger 250 CT

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger 250 CT

Good Afternoon All,

I am in desperate help. I’m new and trying to get established. I purchased a machine from auction with described blow engine. After sourcing a Kohler ch20s and rebuilding, I got it in machine up and running. now to test operation, and nothing. After further inspection, main pc board missing! So after about a month of daily searching looking for something obsolete, I get a hit and find a used serious (1) board. I get that installed and re test machine with no luck. I have all generator power, no arc. So after looking at some wiring diagrams and speaking with Lincoln they said I needed a jumper on j3 plug on terminals 1/5 for board to know what machine. So on their diagrams it shows j3 as a 6 terminal plug. Well my board is a 8 terminal. So that changes pin out location. I pined 1/5 still as I was advised by Lincoln, but nothing. Is their any other things I could be missing? I’m at a loss and almost out of budget for this unit. Looking for any help! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranger 250 CT

post the code number of your welder and the part number on the pcb.
    Let me see what I can find. Send me a pm when you post.
    Just checked Lincoln's web site. didn't see a Ranger 250CT there is a 250GXT.
    Code number will take me to the right manuals.
    Last edited by ccawgc; 01-21-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If I am looking at the right pcb. J3,J10 ,J11 are 6 pin. J2 and J13 are 8 pin.
    J3 should be in the upper right corner, to the right of J1. Nothing is plugged into J1.
    PCB 9SG3660-2 is what I am looking at.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply. Yes board number is the G3660-1.
    code number is 10752Name:  6BDAAD77-33DF-40A4-B456-225E02D7E38E.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  74.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

ITs a Ranger 250 Chopper Technology with a Kohler CH20S Engine
    Not Sure if you were able to see code number, it got wedged at bottom of picture, but it is a 10752. Control board is generation 1, since that was the only one i could find on the web after a 1 month search. The red jumper wire in the plug in pictures is what Lincoln Electric advised me to do.
    I am very mechanically inclined, so testing inputs and outputs are not a problem, just don't know where to begin.
    A little more backstory, i was also told unit sat every bit of 5 years under a lean-to. Not sure if something could be dirty like a contactor etc. it looks pretty clean inside. I personally think it has to be something simple since generator power is fine, i would think.
    In the pictures below, the board is what i have. the white plug is what Lincoln told me to jump, and diagram they send me showing only 6 wires vs 8 on board.

Name:  IMG_0068.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  139.4 KBName:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  89.6 KBName:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  111.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

ranger 250.pdf
    Look real close at the pcb you have. Find the plug numbers and pcb part number.
    see if the are any stickers on the sides. Pcb part number might be right between J12 and J13. Your picture shows what might be a fuzzy G3660-1 there. sometimes the pcb number on the pcb is changed when they add software. then they put a sticker on the side. The attached picture is what a G3660-1or -2 is su[pposed to look like. see if things match.

Post Thanks / Like

So, yes in picture on bottom left imbedded into the board is 3660-1. the plugs in question imbedded into the board is the white ones.

no attachment came through if you added one on correct board photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it downloaded so correct, that's what mine looks like expect for the J3 plug being 6 terminals in your picture . Mine is 8. I'm assuming this might be a series 2 picture? on your diagram, what terminals is it saying to jump? photo was cut off.

Also on the j6, is there a way to measure out put im guessing to see if that's the output to leads?

Post Thanks / Like

A dash 1 and dash 2 pcb will have all the same connections. any changes will be to the internal pcb. Are there any stickers on the black plastic tray, back or sides?
    Try calling Lincoln again and ask if the G3660-1 pcb was used for more than one configuration You ask because you have a pcb marked G3660-1 on the pcb and it has a 8 pin J3 instead of a 6 pin J3. so what do "I" have? Then ask if it can be reconfigured to the G3660-1. See what they say.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever figure it out? I have a similar issue

Post Thanks / Like

Hello.
    I believe that you have a G3660-2 PCB, although it is indicated that -1.
    This board is used in other Lincoln products.
    So I found that, for example, in the Multi-weld 350, J3 is marked, which has 8 pins instead of 6.
    There is a diagram of this, in which you need to connect the other wires of the J3 connector (as in the photo below).
    I'm not sure if this will help you, and I'm also not sure if it's true.
    But, given that such a connection exists, I do not think that if you try to do this, then you will break.

Name:  222 – копія.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  94.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, i am going to try and do this. Machine has been on my work bench still since last year. Almost lost hope, and was going to try and part out to recoup my money in the engine. i will update once i try and see. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I got a quote on the board for my GXT..........$500. I hear that if a board goes on the Chopper Technology, it's about 4 times that. Ridiculous,, if it's an accurate price.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 6 pin J3 plug, rats have eaten the wires off, do anyone of you know which pins are connected? Mine has 4 ends (2 wires) left on plug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mizeracing View Post
    I have the 6 pin J3 plug, rats have eaten the wires off, do anyone of you know which pins are connected? Mine has 4 ends (2 wires) left on plug
    Check post number 5. It shows J3 jumper. There is only one jumper though.

The jumpers denote the machine it is operating in. Yours may be different.

If two of the ends are like the picture then connect those two.

Then connect the two you have left together.
    Last edited by danielplace; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, the plug I have is only a 6 pin, not the 8 like in photo, that was my issue

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist