Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuff Like This Makes Me Angry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stuff Like This Makes Me Angry

When my brother in law was a teenager he was a wild child. Father seemed unaware of what went on, His mother thought EVERYTHING he did was wonderful. The parents had friends moved to Norway for a year, left a car with them for safe keeping. That was a mistake. Kevin used it as a woods racer, thought every tree he hit was hilarious! The owners came back, there was nothing left to retrieve. It looked like it had won the demolition derby.

On another occasion Mommy bought him a Corvair. Within a month he had cut the front off at the firewall & was roaring around backward dragging the floor on the ground.

Bad parenting, much like this spoiled brat.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

2. Likes William McCormick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably made more on this than the truck was worth,,, which it still is for scrap. Ya,,, dumb

4. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

6. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate waste.
    I hate when some hot rod type show just **** cans a car that has good parts and someone like me maybe looking for them.

8. Likes MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to wonder sometimes, truck headed to the scrap, seems there is a lot of other stuff in the world to get piuzzed off at?
    a car that has good parts and someone like me maybe looking for them.
    So,,, he is sposed to do what with it? Save it all just in case there is a knob someone wants and then listen to them moan about how its toio much and he should sell it for a nickel? More crap ought to be tossed into the crusher. Cost too much to save all that junk especially if they are making a TV show, probably should have beat them too it if you wanted it that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Pops had to sell a couple of Pete’s because of a divorce and had to buy and drive the same international cab over truck for a couple years until he got back on his feet and was able to buy a couple more Pete’s. Heck he even had to plug the dang thing in nightly there for a while to keep batteries strong enough to get it started every day.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

11. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How many cars they wreck to make Dukes? People scrap to make money. Guy might have even sold the truck if someone wanted it. Now that he junks the thing it has become a precious gem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Pops had to sell a couple of Pete’s because of a divorce and had to buy and drive the same international cab over truck for a couple years until he got back on his feet and was able to buy a couple more Pete’s. Heck he even had to plug the dang thing in nightly there for a while to keep batteries strong enough to get it started every day.
    Yeah, I know about the divorce thing. In 06-07 I went through that and just totally shut down, went to work for a local truck shop for 6 months until one day I got a call offering a contract to do 4 miles of irrigation pipe. I came out swinging. Got that job and a couple more.

14. Likes N2 Welding, MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    How many cars they wreck to make Dukes? People scrap to make money. Guy might have even sold the truck if someone wanted it. Now that he junks the thing it has become a precious gem.
    He paid for it, It's his truck. He can do what he wants. I doubt it was museum quality anyway.

16. Likes leightrepairs, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    He paid for it, It's his truck. He can do what he wants. I doubt it was museum quality anyway.
    It’s kinda like when someone has a piece of property for sale and people come out of the woodwork and proclaim it should be preserved as “green space (or)”

No one speaks up when you suggest they are free to purchase and do whatever they want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

18. Likes whtbaron, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    I got to wonder sometimes, truck headed to the scrap, seems there is a lot of other stuff in the world to get piuzzed off at? So,,, he is sposed to do what with it? Save it all just in case there is a knob someone wants and then listen to them moan about how its toio much and he should sell it for a nickel? More crap ought to be tossed into the crusher. Cost too much to save all that junk especially if they are making a TV show, probably should have beat them too it if you wanted it that bad.
    I get what you are saying. I scrap stuff as well but busting stuff to bust it rubs me wrong. I understand he will scrap the truck at some point. I guess neglect is what bothers me more.

Post Thanks / Like

If you really feel that bad I am going out to my scrap yard next week and will shoot one full of holes,,, you can stop this senseless slaughter, send 500$ now.

21. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    I'd be surprised if he paid for it. At 22 Bill Gates wouldn't have bought all that stuff with his own money. Certainly when I was 22 I was pretty conservative with MY possessions. I built a garage at 17 with MY money, bought & refurbished cars, built my house at 24 selling 14 cars & Jeeps to get started.
    No, I never wrecked anything for fun, I've never burned rubber. Teenagers I grew up with burned rubber on Mommy's car. It sickened me that they would betray their parents.

I will admit at about age 45 my brother in law gave me an Isuzu Trooper. It was beyond feasible repair to be road legal. Seth & I rigged an alternative gas tank, & makeshift exhaust & proceeded to drive it places I wouldn't take the Power Wagon. We had a very good time with it a year or so, then I gave it to a kid who wanted a few serviceable parts from it still driving.
    Last edited by Willie B; 01-23-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

23. Likes MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the guy is getting his moneys worth from it judging by the thread. If it wasnt for the haters would have died a quiet death, as it is the thing lives on.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is the nomination box for sainthood here? But there are a lot of assumptions about this and few facts. Just as likely some old fart wouldnt get off keeping a 500$ scrap truck in 5000$ of needed building space and he has had it up to the gills with it. I know a couple 22 yr olds that are way better business guys then their fathers were.
    I got an excavator bud who was decently successful and in early 50's wanted to retire to chase some rodeo stuff of some kind. The son was working in it and a top hand and agreed to it provided there was a no interference clause written up. Old man about whizzed himself when in the first week jr sells off an old backhoe, was nice but aging, bought brand new unit, got rid of a couple old trucks for new and old man about pooped but managed to button up till they got a look at the books at next years end. Due to illness I hear in jr family the old timer went back to work,,,, for the son.
    Some new stuff improved the bottom line by ridding themselves of some pain in the azz labor, 2 or 3 guys working 60 hrs all summer, made the new tools free and profitable.
    Looks to me like this guy found the perfect use for the junk truck. I think some uppity moral judgement about some scrap is purely speculative.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually dont watch the stuff but had to look,,, bet it clears the 4 million view mark shortly. Wish I would have thought of it. Bet its cash value is about the same as before he started. He does elude in the beginning,,, it was a mistake. My bet is a compulsive pack rat junk collector drug it there in the first place where its been in the way since.
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-23-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it when people want you to save crap they dont want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IAMsteelworker View Post
    Don't look at any of his other videos. That's what he does for a livint basically.
    I guess those gents will not qualify for a career as brain surgeons.....

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how much he makes? I got stuff I would wreck that is better than that for the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

The world has all kinds of people do wasteful stuff and people say,,, good for him, he earned it, its great to fly a plane next state for lunch and burn 400$ in fuel, homes, boats and cars depreciate and are scrap in no time but a kid scraps a junk truck and he is a demon,,,, who has the screwed up values in this picture? Actually I say good for him,,, can scrap some scrap and people pay to watch it,,,, looks like good business to me.

31. Likes Munkul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the new welding jobs in Ukraine 🇺🇦 and open season on Russian.
    Will make anyone ANGRY @$%%#

Dave
    Last edited by smithdoor; 02-25-2022 at 10:21 AM.