Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 153

Thread: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I don’t know if this pic helps you or not but this cart has small bottles but will accommodate taller (larger diameter)




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That can fit two 330cu bottles? I don’t see it lol
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    That can fit two 330cu bottles? I don’t see it lol
    Yup. Deceiving.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    6,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Mig guns are a personal preference thing and also need to hold up to the heat. I hate tweco guns, for example because the shape and feel isn't right. For dual shield or spray welding a lot more heat is developed that will quickly ruin a gun. The q style 300 amp Bernard guns have the correct feel and handle the high heat while not being overly cumbersome.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Mig guns are a personal preference thing and also need to hold up to the heat. I hate tweco guns, for example because the shape and feel isn't right. For dual shield or spray welding a lot more heat is developed that will quickly ruin a gun. The q style 300 amp Bernard guns have the correct feel and handle the high heat while not being overly cumbersome.
    So the 210 has a hobby size gun.

    The biggest issue I encounter is the nozzles are crap and last a few weeks because they’re so thin.


    In other news, weldersupply.com isn’t charging me sales tax on the machine that’s $300 off… trigger finger is real itchy now.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    **** it

    Name:  C6B04750-E1AD-4214-A349-799E48FBDE91.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  113.8 KBName:  A46CF767-A71B-4824-B5EF-9F96A73B6F64.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  120.3 KB
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  6. Likes labparamour liked this post
  7. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    6,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    **** it

    Name:  C6B04750-E1AD-4214-A349-799E48FBDE91.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  113.8 KBName:  A46CF767-A71B-4824-B5EF-9F96A73B6F64.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  120.3 KB
    Your going to have a hard time finding a better deal. I've dealt with them before, good outfit.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Your going to have a hard time finding a better deal. I've dealt with them before, good outfit.
    The lack of sales tax did me in.

    Seems like a pretty nice free hood too. I have a Viking 3350 and a cheap auto dark from harbor freight so having two nice helmets would be good.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    That's the other thing worth mentioning. I always used 0.030 solid wire when I had the Hobart Handler 190. When I went to the MM252, it came with 33 lbs of 0.035 wire, and I stuck with that for a while. The MM255 has pulse settings for 0.035 and 0.045. I started out on the smaller wire and eventually went to the larger wire. It pulses MUCH better with the larger wire. I would say that for anything over 1/4 inch material, I think the 0.045 wire in pulse MIG mode may be nicer than the dual shield. It goes in hot, you can use it in all positions, and there is virtually no clean up. I haven't strength/destructive tested it versus dual shield, but it goes in really nicely.

    All of which is to say maybe get yourself a roll of 0.045 hard wire for free, if you don't already have it. You'll end up wanting to try it at some point.
    Miller Multimatic 255

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    6,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    The 255 also has a synergic pulse-MIG program for Metal-Core wire as well, right?
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  12. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    So good news I realized I can cut these wings I never use ever off my welding table and gain 10" of space...

    Probably going to make the cart big enough to fit a pair of 330 cylinders at least plan for the future, with adapters for smaller cylinders.

    I'm just not sure if I plan for 9.25" or 9.5" tanks.

    Considering thanks to covid im paying inflated prices on the machine i'd like this to be the last welding cart I ever make lol
    Last edited by BrooklynBravest; 01-22-2022 at 07:08 PM.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  13. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    6,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    So good news I realized I can cut these wings I never use ever off my welding table and gain 10" of space...

    Probably going to make the cart big enough to fit a pair of 330 cylinders at least plan for the future, with adapters for smaller cylinders.

    I'm just not sure if I plan for 9.25" or 9.5" tanks.

    Considering thanks to covid im paying inflated prices on the machine i'd like this to be the last welding cart I ever make lol
    Keep in mind 2 of those 330 cylinders are very heavy. Definitely plan on some large heavy duty wheels on the back.

  14. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    6,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    So good news I realized I can cut these wings I never use ever off my welding table and gain 10" of space...

    Probably going to make the cart big enough to fit a pair of 330 cylinders at least plan for the future, with adapters for smaller cylinders.

    I'm just not sure if I plan for 9.25" or 9.5" tanks.

    Considering thanks to covid im paying inflated prices on the machine i'd like this to be the last welding cart I ever make lol
    According to this chart, a hair over 9" OD

    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  15. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Keep in mind 2 of those 330 cylinders are very heavy. Definitely plan on some large heavy duty wheels on the back.
    I'd be using 1" DOM with 1/4" walls under it as a stiffener/axle housing or even solid bar. I used to own a 330 of c25 theyre a bear for sure.

    Work in progress, but thats two cylinders at 9.25" each. I wouldn't be rushing out to buy the cylinders but it will fit a range of cylinders with different clamp plates.

    Needs something down the sides for stiffness too it’s too long of a free span.

    Name:  MM252 Cart v16.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  16.4 KBName:  MM252 Cart v17.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  15.8 KB
    Last edited by BrooklynBravest; 01-22-2022 at 08:31 PM.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  16. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    6,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    So good news I realized I can cut these wings I never use ever off my welding table and gain 10" of space...

    Probably going to make the cart big enough to fit a pair of 330 cylinders at least plan for the future, with adapters for smaller cylinders.

    I'm just not sure if I plan for 9.25" or 9.5" tanks.

    Considering thanks to covid im paying inflated prices on the machine i'd like this to be the last welding cart I ever make lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    I'd be using 1" DOM with 1/4" walls under it as a stiffener/axle housing or even solid bar. I used to own a 330 of c25 theyre a bear for sure.

    Work in progress, but thats two cylinders at 9.25" each. I wouldn't be rushing out to buy the cylinders but it will fit a range of cylinders with different clamp plates.

    Needs something down the sides for stiffness too it’s too long of a free span.

    Name:  MM252 Cart v16.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  16.4 KBName:  MM252 Cart v17.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  15.8 KB
    Looks good. Maybe a gusset or brace on the back , beside the cylinders. It would add a lot of rigidity and keep the cylinders from kicking out on the bottom.

  17. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Looks good. Maybe a gusset or brace on the back , beside the cylinders. It would add a lot of rigidity and keep the cylinders from kicking out on the bottom.
    I probably have to run a border around it, like ZTFab

    I don’t like it as it is in the pic, it looks boring.
    Last edited by BrooklynBravest; 01-22-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  18. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    6,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Nice CAD, but those flowmeters are going to be difficult to read
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  19. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    The 255 also has a synergic pulse-MIG program for Metal-Core wire as well, right?
    Not that I have seen. The only pulse programs on the door chart are for ER-70S6, 308L and Aluminum (4043 and 5356)
    Miller Multimatic 255

  20. Likes BrooklynBravest liked this post
  21. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    **** it
    Congrats! Nice welder, but I am biased.
    Miller Multimatic 255

  22. Likes BrooklynBravest liked this post
  23. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Laredo, Tx
    Posts
    6,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    Not that I have seen. The only pulse programs on the door chart are for ER-70S6, 308L and Aluminum (4043 and 5356)
    I must be thinking of a different Miller unit. I know they have it somewhere.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!



  24. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    I'm feeling it more now. Some ZTFab inspiration. I'd like a drawer on the bottom probably.

    Under the tanks has vertical strongbacks/ribs.

    It would look much nicer to do the side skirt on all 3 levels, but im not sure I have it in me to devote the effort to that. That’s a damn lot of weld.

    And I can read the gauges


    Got a few offers for $1000 on my 210mp also which is more than I expected. Guess pricing up everywhere helps on that. Few people said they cant find a machine in stock.

    Name:  MM252 Cart v20.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  14.9 KBName:  MM252 Cart v21.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by BrooklynBravest; 01-23-2022 at 08:19 AM.
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  25. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    For some clarity, this is my shop space…

    I did surgery on my table this morning gained 10” of space. Big win.

    Name:  2467F9E4-CD1E-46A6-A02D-BF384BBB79AE.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  172.0 KBName:  F880F38B-C7CA-4CF1-AB6B-4BF42F3352DB.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  208.1 KBName:  B359E079-5CC7-40DD-9635-BCAD923BAF96.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  126.3 KB
    www.FirehouseFabricators.com

    Zach

    Millermatic 255
    Lincoln SW200
    Hypertherm Powermax 45xp
    2x4 CNC Plasma Table.

  26. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    6,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    ^^^compact and well laid out


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  27. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    6,243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    For some clarity, this is my shop space…

    I did surgery on my table this morning gained 10” of space. Big win.

    Name:  2467F9E4-CD1E-46A6-A02D-BF384BBB79AE.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  172.0 KBName:  F880F38B-C7CA-4CF1-AB6B-4BF42F3352DB.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  208.1 KBName:  B359E079-5CC7-40DD-9635-BCAD923BAF96.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  126.3 KB
    Not a lot of room there. Have you considered making a heavy duty wall bracket and mounting that tig welder up off the floor? That would gain a lot of space. Could chain the cylinder against the wall and use quick connects on your gas hoses. I mounted my oxygen and acetylene cylinders against the wall and mounted a 50' hose reel just above, much more convenient than a cart and at the end of the day the hose reel was about the same cost as a torch cart.

  28. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Multimatic 255 vs SW200 and 210MP

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    For some clarity, this is my shop space…

    I did surgery on my table this morning gained 10” of space. Big win.

    Name:  2467F9E4-CD1E-46A6-A02D-BF384BBB79AE.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  172.0 KBName:  F880F38B-C7CA-4CF1-AB6B-4BF42F3352DB.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  208.1 KBName:  B359E079-5CC7-40DD-9635-BCAD923BAF96.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  126.3 KB
    Seagrave?? I was much more of an ALF fan myself. Grew up on the 900 series. ;-)
    Miller Multimatic 255

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,653,218,543.21673 seconds with 13 queries