+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hobart 210mvp issues

Post Thanks / Like

Hobart 210mvp issues

Have had this welder for a few years and no problems till the other day. You will be welding and all the sudden the wire speed will change for no reason. you can actually here it speed up slowly until it is so fast it messes up your welding and you have to stop. I have changed the liner and all consumables. It will do it if you have wire in the gun or not. If anyone has had this problem or has some ideas would love to hear them. Seems to do it the worst from range 35-45. Above or below that you don’t seem to notice it as much. I could deal with it but whatever has happened has also seemed to change the overall speed of each number. Before this is you had a heat setting of say 6 i would shoot for 50 +- on wire and was about right well that is no longer the case its way to fast and 35-45 seems to be the range thats right until it starts self adjusting.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobart 210mvp issues

The variable resistor / pot is dirty or bad.
    It cost about $5.00 for most sizes from RadioShack.
    Also check board some times it dirty with iron dust.

I would clean my welder once a year to keep everything running right.

.Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Parisfarms View Post
    Have had this welder for a few years and no problems till the other day. You will be welding and all the sudden the wire speed will change for no reason. you can actually here it speed up slowly until it is so fast it messes up your welding and you have to stop. I have changed the liner and all consumables. It will do it if you have wire in the gun or not. If anyone has had this problem or has some ideas would love to hear them. Seems to do it the worst from range 35-45. Above or below that you don’t seem to notice it as much. I could deal with it but whatever has happened has also seemed to change the overall speed of each number. Before this is you had a heat setting of say 6 i would shoot for 50 +- on wire and was about right well that is no longer the case its way to fast and 35-45 seems to be the range thats right until it starts self adjusting.

3. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice will dig in to that.

Post Thanks / Like

How old is the welder ? If less than 3 years take it in for warranty repair.
    Call Hobart or Miller tech support and ask for a service center close to you.
    Just fixed one with a similar problem that had a bad transistor on one of the pcbs.
    As it heated up it lost control of the motor speed. Sprayed pcb with contact cleaner to cool it down and it started to work again correctly. PCBs have to be verbally ordered from tech support. Give tech support a call and see what they say.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist