Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do i gotta?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do i gotta?

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    In winter the beer moves from the beach to a cozy bar. Snow has no negative impacts on volumes consumed...

After 3 kids and 6 grandkids, I've seen my share of first time drivers. We all managed to survive. One of the biggest reasons I left the city to come back to the farm was so my kids would grow up here.
    Two sons, an uncounted group I don't claim on income tax returns, ALL have been skilled at age too young. There are some remarkable operators in the group, no slouches.
    Zack, the youngest, bought a new Ford Pickup two weeks ago, He left next day towing my galvanized 28' trailer on a mission to New Hampshire seacoast. Arrived here long after dark. Despite his mother's car parked in the way, he maneuvered in dark flawlessly to his chosen spot in seconds.

His older brother: I've never believed the movies, where the A team "Face" could jump in a Russian amphibious vehicle, hotwire it & drive away, outrunning countless Soviet military vehicles in chase. Seth might not outrun them, but could jump in any unfamiliar vehicle & drive it. I am awestruck!

I won't say he doesn't do dumb $hit. A recent trip, he is a newly licensed CDL class A driver. Heading off to dig a ditch a while ago, I didn't fight when he drove the big truck with trailer & backhoe. He brought up the subject of fuel before beginning the trip. I had fueled it a few days earlier, wondered about the accuracy of the gauge. He drove past two local places I have accounts, but drove 50 miles before stopping for diesel. He chose a very old place that simply did not have room for truck & trailer. Ultimately, we figured out this place couldn't be accessed from this direction.
    Gauge said 1/2 tank, stick said 1/4, we went on.

The extremely remote destination is known as No Town. Drive six miles from the nearest paved road, you come to a converted church, and schoolhouse. No Town has begun. Two roads lead to No Town. One is passable. Seth chose that morning the worst road. It is a 150 degree turn off the blacktop, steep uphill. Road was shiny snow, 16 degrees F & steep, no evidence of sand.

It seemed forever to back truck, trailer, with backhoe back into the road, now pointing toward home. Then he disappeared!!! After waiting for him to turn around, I went in search. He was urinating! "This took 15 minutes?!!!"

We later got to the large turnout on the correct road. That road proved to be icy too. We parked the truck & trailer & proceeded with the backhoe 6.5 miles each way.

This proved a very long day, air brakes froze up on the way home.
    Last edited by Willie B; 01-29-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

2. Likes whtbaron, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

'It seemed forever to back truck, trailer, with backhoe back into the road, now pointing toward home. Then he disappeared!!! After waiting for him to turn around, I went in search. He was urinating! "This took 15 minutes?!!!"

I guess it scared him too...
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    'It seemed forever to back truck, trailer, with backhoe back into the road, now pointing toward home. Then he disappeared!!! After waiting for him to turn around, I went in search. He was urinating! "This took 15 minutes?!!!"

I guess it scared him too...
    Scared him so bad it took 15 minutes to pee! It ain't easy being me! Stress, what stress?
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

5. Likes whtbaron, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    It ain't easy being me! Stress, what stress?

LOL!
    :

Post Thanks / Like

I was right,,, a couple weeks later and its,,,, do I have to?