Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: When the Cat's Away........

Post Thanks / Like

Re: When the Cat's Away........

Sammm, all those negative waves!
    All over a guy who probably chased a dream, studied hard at great expense for 10 years to get where he wanted to be and is now reaping the rewards of his skills and investment.

I think your issue might be with the medical system rather than the guy.

2. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    This whole timeline thing............or "why didn't you do this?" escapes me. Stuff gets done when it gets done, unless you're sitting somewhere making trouble for decent people.

Eye thing started this week. First appointment(although I thought it was total BS) was with the optometrist.......................has to screen you. Fk...........I know I can't see, why do I need some pencil necked geek to say it in formal language.

Next step................go to the ophthalmologist to get another take on the situation............then go to surgery. JUST A BUNCH OF F'KRS PADDING THE BILL. Three visits to get done, what needs to be done. That is absolutely outrageous.
    Is this in reference to the lung issue? Ophthalmologist can infer a lot of what is going on in the body by the health of the eye and its tissues. Issues unrelated to the eye affect the eye, Additionally they need to establish a base line as they administer treatment.
    IE: What if treatment adversely affects vision?
    Ask lots of questions and have a second set of ears encase you miss something.
    Good Luck

4. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For God's sake! You are old (like me).
    You have two options:
    A, deal with health problems.
    B, Die.

I get it, you don't have the best insurance coverage, maybe none, but I know plenty of people like you take advantage of government programs to pay for what they can't.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

6. Likes 12V71, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I guess y'all are right. I'm just nervous as Hell about getting those cataracts worked on.

Post Thanks / Like

Cataract surgery is so commonplace, I wouldn't worry about it Sam. After it's done you'll be thinking, I wish I had this done ages ago!
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

9. Likes whtbaron, Reebz, Lis2323, pinetree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Cataract surgery is so commonplace, I wouldn't worry about it Sam. After it's done you'll be thinking, I wish I had this done ages ago!
    Agreed

Probably the EASIEST medical procedure you will ever have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

11. Likes Reebz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably know 20 people that have had cataract surgery none had problems post operation and all said things like "Damn I forgot how blue the sky was"

13. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    This whole timeline thing............or "why didn't you do this?" escapes me. Stuff gets done when it gets done, unless you're sitting somewhere making trouble for decent people.

Eye thing started this week. First appointment(although I thought it was total BS) was with the optometrist.......................has to screen you. Fk...........I know I can't see, why do I need some pencil necked geek to say it in formal language.

Next step................go to the ophthalmologist to get another take on the situation............then go to surgery. JUST A BUNCH OF F'KRS PADDING THE BILL. Three visits to get done, what needs to be done. That is absolutely outrageous.
    How many trips have you made to get metal/pieces/parts, etc or to look at metal for your gantry crane project? Plus any trips to get the parts to fix the tractor the gantry is needed for. I am pretty sure operating on the eye is just as complicated as you are making this project.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com