Thread: Dynasty 350 issue, need help, suggestions please

Post Thanks / Like

Dynasty 350 issue, need help, suggestions please

Hello folks,

I have a Dynasty 350, has always worked perfectly. I noticed I had a small leak in the long red hose, was probably due to older cracked line. I ordered the MILLER factory replacement line and laid out the hoses and simply replaced the line. (machine worked and performed 100% pryer to changing out the line). After I changed the line I turned the machine on, cycled through the coolant, added a bit more miller coolant and turned it off. (Everything "looked" to be totally normal).

The next day I had a job and I got everything ready and sat down and the whole machine "acts" normal, but it wont strike an arc. I messed with everything I knew of for an hour. I have the wireless pedal and changed the batteries, no change. Ive plugged this machine into a different welding receptacle (in case) and that made no difference. Messed with the ground cable 20 times. It worked Tip-Top, changed the hose, now wont strike an arc. No leaks, gas works fine, everything else looks to be "normal". NO CODES, no info or warnings on the front info panel.

I have reached out to Miller and have had two emails back and forth in a span of a week. As far as he and I got was he asked what the voltage was reading.... When I turn on the machine and push the pedal the voltage is currently flashing back and forth between 76.5 / 77.3 V .

Ive tried for hours reading and looking for the answers and I cant find the fix... Im going crazy, can anyone give me a suggestion on what the heck is going on ?

I had no issue with replacing the hose, very simple and straight forward.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dynasty 350 issue, need help, suggestions please

I would suspect the pedal. Do you have another or is there a way to pair it with the machine again? More batteries?
    Great machine, my tech school has a bunch of them. There is no way I can justify one but it’s solid gold.
    Do not believe everything that you think.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you... Yes, in the first hour, I took a wired pedal off another Miller machine and plugged it into the 350....... same thing is going on.... Acts the same as the wireless pedal......

Post Thanks / Like

If you can scratch start the torch, then there is a problem in the arc starter.
    either the HF pcb or the control pcb. Call Miller and ask them how to test it.
    The Tig group has been asked to take care of phone calls first and emails last if they have time. The HF pcb needs two tests. one is a power supply the other is a pulse train. will need a meter that can read frequency or a scope. do not try to measure the hf pcb output. could fry your meter.