+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ck Worldwide - Glycol coolant torch performance & Good technical support

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ck Worldwide - Glycol coolant torch performance & Good technical support

It’s simply a discussion
    which is what normally happens on a forum.

I don’t think anyone is particularly hot and bothered about it besides you.

Maybe you need an iced coffee or something to “ cool” yourself off.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use tap water, but since it freezes hard in winter around here, went with this stuff

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is clear fluid- no color at all. maybe there is something special about it?

It did not freeze when temps went below 0F

Cost more than regular antifreeze but not as pricy as Millers fluid.

I would have tried Dex cool but read a pretty heated thread on another board that advised against it.
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaTu View Post
    TAP Water ran thru the torch (Chlorine, Minerals, and all) then dumped into the drain. Worked Fine... [...] Sometimes you guys like to make Very simple stuff much more complicated than they should be. I don't know Why!
    Pretty simple. If you run tap water through a torch and dump it in the drain, you don't have stagnant water to grow microbes, and it's probably warm enough that your torch isn't going to freeze. A cooler sitting the winter in a freezing garage has different needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 455dan View Post
    I would use tap water, but since it freezes hard in winter around here, went with this stuff
    Yeah, I bought a few gallons of this a few days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    It’s simply a discussion
    which is what normally happens on a forum.

I don’t think anyone is particularly hot and bothered about it besides you.
    OMG?? Hot & Bothered???

Who ME???

DuDe, I didn't want to get anybody defensive or anything, why did You?

Look, if it's coming down to "which should I be using, Distilled or Deionized?" ya gotta admit, it all sounds pretty silly ~ doesn't it? Is it just Me?

6. Likes John T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG?? Hot & Bothered???

Who ME???
    Looks accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

it all sounds pretty silly ~ doesn't it? Is it just Me?
    Very little is that simple, and some people who have seen problems can tell you in detail why so. Besides the growth of microorganisms leading to clogged passages, or mineral-bearing waters allowing them to deposit on surfaces, reducing heat transfer, one can have intergranular corrosion of torch and cooler parts. I know of instances where just running tap water through the torch can increase radiation of interference that is picked up by nearby radios and sometimes, other electronics, leading to outside complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    Very little is that simple, and some people who have seen problems can tell you in detail why so. Besides the growth of microorganisms leading to clogged passages, or mineral-bearing waters allowing them to deposit on surfaces, reducing heat transfer, one can have intergranular corrosion of torch and cooler parts. I know of instances where just running tap water through the torch can increase radiation of interference that is picked up by nearby radios and sometimes, other electronics, leading to outside complaints.
    OK but, let me again give you MY anecdotical experience, I have decade old DexCool in my cooler and have No microorganisms (VW Beetle paper fuel filter would have gotten clogged if I did), no Corrosion, No Minerals (distilled water) and was certainly Not advocating for the use of Tap Water (at least in a CK torch where I believe the passages in the head are much smaller than there were in those days when we did). Seems pretty Simple from where I'm standing but, maybe I've just been Lucky!

I'll admit though, never had a single thought towards Radio Interference

10. Likes John T liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist