Thread: 350p with push pull gun not working..

Post Thanks / Like

350mp with push pull gun not working..

Hey guys.. we have a 350mp with a push/pull gun magnum pro AL....
    The dial that controls the power and wire speed isn't working right....
    The dials control wires connected right and I checked all the length of cable to see if there is a break.
    It currently reads the lowest setting of 125 for wire speed(were welding al in pulse with pgm 149) and won't adjust higher...
    This is a relatively new gun assembly(currently front trigger)..
    We had this exact same problem with the last gun(that had a rear trigger)(there are a few variants)...
    Were at almost a standstill as this can't do the job we need, it doesn't have the power...
    I've checked all connections an everything else one could do, sans opening up the machine...

Any one else have this problem
    Last edited by mckutzy; 04-13-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 350p with push pull gun not working..

Anyone????

Post Thanks / Like

After you check wiring harness in the gun. you should see the trigger switch, speed pot and motor. If all good and no cross connections. then the problem might be the wiring harness inside the welder. Between the plug and the pcb.
    Trying to remember if speed pot goes to the motor control pcbs and then to the control pcb or to the control then back to the motor control. If you can't figure this out send me a private message with the welders serial and code numbers and model of push pull gun. I can look into more detail. Most problems i see in set ups like your are in the gun wiring.
    Only had a very few with problems in the welder.
    With Gun unplugged does the panel control work correctly? Plugging in gun disconnects the panel control.

Post Thanks / Like

The gun itself has no broken wires, or othere shorts, cracked insulation ect.. I used a automotive wire tracer a rang all pins separated from the machine... no issues..

In the program 149 for use in aluminum synchronous with speed and power, disconnecting the comm plug does nothing to the control panel... return just proceeds as how it is...

On a previous issue we had the one lead to the pot had broken and it was proceeding as we are now, the power/speed at lowest setting 125...
    When I correct the broken wire it had went to proper running conditions until a couple of months ago... as above nothing looks wrong... but something definitely is..