+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Root pass on copper backing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Root pass on copper backing

I agree 👍

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Freebirdwelds View Post
    Even better if a good looking girl brings you doughnuts......or a sandwich. lol

Post Thanks / Like

So you all are saying the donut hole is kind of like a backer and w/o donut hole it's open root? I think I got lost somewhere...

3. Likes Insaneride liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldalittle View Post
    So you all are saying the donut hole is kind of like a backer and w/o donut hole it's open root? I think I got lost somewhere...
    You know. LOL
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    You guys ever think we need laughy face emojis and memes available with the like/dislike "buttons" for this kind of stuff? That way we could just laugh at them without having to create a reply.
    Naw... just munching on my popcorn...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Well without looking I wonder what the no experience stuck up a holes have responded, this type of community is more common than what you might think. It must be put on me and my fault for asking this type of quality question for asking a question that not very many people have that type of experiene. I guess I am also quilty of asking how to fill that mild steel cavity with fcaw dualshield 3/32 wire, cause I came to be very very good at what I USE TO DO 18yrs ago. I could weld and fill that cavity 6 different ways with 3,/32 dualshield wire and have it pass rt and ut all day long. I guess it's all of a matter of hand and eye coordination that's why I average 230+ at the bowling alley. I guess it's time to go. If anybody is wondering where I worked, look up the name ELAINE THOMAS and ask your self why I was the only welder without a HY-80 CERTIFICATION.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thruwall View Post
    Well without looking I wonder what the no experience stuck up a holes have responded, this type of community is more common than what you might think. It must be put on me and my fault for asking this type of quality question for asking a question that not very many people have that type of experiene. I guess I am also quilty of asking how to fill that mild steel cavity with fcaw dualshield 3/32 wire, cause I came to be very very good at what I USE TO DO 18yrs ago. I could weld and fill that cavity 6 different ways with 3,/32 dualshield wire and have it pass rt and ut all day long. I guess it's all of a matter of hand and eye coordination that's why I average 230+ at the bowling alley. I guess it's time to go. If anybody is wondering where I worked, look up the name ELAINE THOMAS and ask your self why I was the only welder without a HY-80 CERTIFICATION.
    You sound like your on your second case?
    Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln LN-25X Wire Feeder
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    ¼ Ton of Torches OFC-A/OFG-A
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000
    Ingersoll Rand T-30-14hp-25cfm
    Instagram: #Freebird Welds

Post Thanks / Like

ooo ouch.
    Nup, not looking up anything.
    Coulda woulda shoulda. That's all you are, big talk, big nuthin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thruwall View Post
    If anybody is wondering where I worked, look up the name ELAINE THOMAS and ask your self why I was the only welder without a HY-80 CERTIFICATION.
    So your boss was a liar too?

Former lab director sentenced to prison for falsifying results of steel testing on parts for Navy subs

Over 32 years, metallurgist falsified results on steel parts destined for 30 Navy Submarines

Tacoma – The former Director of Metallurgy at Bradken Inc. was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Tacoma to 30 months in prison, and a $50,000 fine, for falsifying test results that measure the strength and toughness of steel that Bradken sold for installation in U.S. Navy submarines, announced U.S. Attorney Nick Brown. Elaine Thomas, 67, of Auburn, Washington, pleaded guilty November 8, 2021, to major fraud against the United States. At the sentencing hearing U.S. District Judge Benjamin H. Settle said it was, “a crime of pride and ego, that in some way she knew better than those who set the standards.”

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr...arts-navy-subs

Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln LN-25X Wire Feeder
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    ¼ Ton of Torches OFC-A/OFG-A
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000
    Ingersoll Rand T-30-14hp-25cfm
    Instagram: #Freebird Welds

10. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does one need a backer on stuff that thick? Unless a WPS calls for it, I wouldn't use one. I would build your root wall in with 8010 or whatever and then go to town with the flux core over the top of that.
    It sounds like its *very* similar to building up worn areas on heavy equipment, which is something that I do know about.
    Use a bigger hammer.

Post Thanks / Like

He only got 30 months for subs.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Freebirdwelds View Post
    So your boss was a liar too?

Former lab director sentenced to prison for falsifying results of steel testing on parts for Navy subs

Over 32 years, metallurgist falsified results on steel parts destined for 30 Navy Submarines

Tacoma – The former Director of Metallurgy at Bradken Inc. was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Tacoma to 30 months in prison, and a $50,000 fine, for falsifying test results that measure the strength and toughness of steel that Bradken sold for installation in U.S. Navy submarines, announced U.S. Attorney Nick Brown. Elaine Thomas, 67, of Auburn, Washington, pleaded guilty November 8, 2021, to major fraud against the United States. At the sentencing hearing U.S. District Judge Benjamin H. Settle said it was, “a crime of pride and ego, that in some way she knew better than those who set the standards.”

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr...arts-navy-subs

Post Thanks / Like

@thruwall, So, if ya can't blind em with brilliance, baffle em with bullshyt! Brag, brag, brag, I've seen lotsa braggarts, they're ALWAYS full of CRAP.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

14. Likes 12V71 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist