Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you weld this broken cast iron part?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you weld this broken cast iron part?

Good to know.
    I have had to do per heat for antiques restoration.
    That could be good thing no per heat need and you can charge for rod to cover the cost.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Yep, pricey, but this filler does not require preheat or special post weld cooling. There are a lot of antiques restoration firms in Los Angeles that can't find replacements to the original. I make my money and run.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you weld this broken cast iron part?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    There were actually four different versions of XYRON. I could shoot pictures of their pages from a 1963 Eutectic catalog and post them, if anyone is interested. Scanning as a pdf makes files too large to post here.
    That doesn't surprise me at all, I've run a variety of EUTECTIC products and liked the way the ran, I've still got a few varieties on the rack. The XYRON I used was very machinable and contoured well with a die grinder and a burr, I used it to weld an EGR fitting back on the exhaust manifold on my father in laws Maverick 200 six cylinder.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN