+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to say Hello and Thanks for the information ! (check out the Junior too)

Post Thanks / Like

Time to say Hello and Thanks for the information ! (check out the Junior too)

I have been picking snippets of information from Welding Web (and Smokestack) for probably 2 years or more since I pulled Dad's old beauty out of the garage. Got her running and welding last year. It's a Canadian machine so it has a "Master Spec" number instead of the "Code" number on the Lincoln name plate. I have dated it to 1952 based on the Wisconsin serial number.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Likes Broccoli1, MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to say Hello and Thanks for the information ! (check out the Junior too)

Welcome to Welding Web! I was looking at the yard tractor, looks a lot like my little BOLENS G14.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to say Hello and Thanks for the information ! (check out the Junior too)

Welcome to the group .
    The welder looks great too
    The Wisconsin engine is a good engine too.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Welder! View Post
    I have been picking snippets of information from Welding Web (and Smokestack) for probably 2 years or more since I pulled Dad's old beauty out of the garage. Got her running and welding last year. It's a Canadian machine so it has a "Master Spec" number instead of the "Code" number on the Lincoln name plate. I have dated it to 1952 based on the Wisconsin serial number.

Post Thanks / Like

The little tractor is a Wheel Horse. Almost as old as the welder I think. Kohler engine. It won’t win many races but it pulls good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Welder! View Post
    The little tractor is a Wheel Horse. Almost as old as the welder I think. Kohler engine. It won’t win many races but it pulls good.
    Cool, The G14 also pulls pretty good too, it's a cast iron overhead valve TECUMSEH with a manual Transmission, 3 speed with hi & lo range. I bought it not knowing anything about it for $125.00 with a disc plow, tiller and a dump trailer, it took about an hour to get it running. The manual transmission is good for transferring power, but very inconvenient for doing any blade work or anything that requires frequent clutching.
    Last edited by CAVEMANN; 05-06-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist