Thread: MM 212 Feeding Problem

Post Thanks / Like

MM 212 Feeding Problem

I have a MM212, I bought new years ago, for home / farm use. Have always used the same ole .035 Steel wire. It has varying results because of dirty, rusty or galvanized metal I'm welding on, but I have no real problems until now.
    I have some big barn doors I'm building out of galvanized tubing for the frame and a little to much reading led me to buy some Blue Demon Dual Shield Flux Core Wire.
    Didn't realize to after the 11lb roll purchase I needed new drive rolls to better pull the wire. Another $100. Well now it's pulling the wire but nesting right before the liner.
    My questions now are, Is my liner to short? I have a 30amp spool gun, should I just use that? Should I scratch the flux core wire and just use my regular wire.? Little frustrated and just looking for some knowledgeable advice.
    Thanks.
    Name:  MM212b.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  73.7 KB
    Name:  MM212a.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  104.7 KB
    Last edited by Kaos; 05-07-2022 at 06:15 PM.
    MillerMatic 212, Lincoln Precision TIG 225, Hypertherm 45XP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MM 212 Feeding Problem

Clean out the liner, blow it out with air. Replace it if needed and get a new tip. Those drive rolls crush the wire and little particles break off and clog the liner. Try to keep the gun cable straight while using it. Name:  20220508_075737.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  74.0 KB

Switched to Bernard center fire as they offer a self shielded conversion kit, get 4523r, ds-1, T series tips ,and ns-flx could also get a nozzle like ns-5800b

Name:  20220508_075751.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  66.7 KB

The threads on the end of the M-25 gun are 1/4" npt and the are the same on the Bernard guns so the parts will thread on. Found this out by looking at Profax catalog as they show the dimensions.
    Last edited by guajilloweld03; 05-08-2022 at 10:12 AM.

3. Likes Kaos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The inlet guide tube on your gun liner is short. The coiled tube should extend out much closer towards the drive rolls. Also, if drive roll pressure is too tight, it can deform the tube shaped wire causing the wire to hang up in the round bore of the contact tip.

5. Likes Kaos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The inlet guide tube on your gun liner is short. The coiled tube should extend out much closer towards the drive rolls. Also, if drive roll pressure is too tight, it can deform the tube shaped wire causing the wire to hang up in the round bore of the contact tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by guajilloweld03 View Post
    Clean out the liner, blow it out with air. Replace it if needed and get a new tip. Those drive rolls crush the wire and little particles break off and clog the liner. Try to keep the gun cable straight while using it.

Switched to Bernard center fire as they offer a self shielded conversion kit, get 4523r, ds-1, T series tips ,and ns-flx could also get a nozzle like ns-5800b

The threads on the end of the M-25 gun are 1/4" npt and the are the same on the Bernard guns so the parts will thread on. Found this out by looking at Profax catalog as they show the dimensions.
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered a new liner.
    MillerMatic 212, Lincoln Precision TIG 225, Hypertherm 45XP