+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical once in a lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electrical once in a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Denis G View Post
    With stories like that I always hope for karma, all the more when the system fails.
    I fanaticize of this man/couple being in a life threatening situation, depending on my help to survive. Maybe stuck beside the road in a blizzard. I drive by & opt to not help them. They die.

I could easily shoot them long range, but there is a risk I'd get caught.
    I think about it, maybe they worry I'm angry enough to do that.
    Neither is likely. I can only hope they die of a lingering terrible disease, causing them each years of agony.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I fanaticize of this man/couple being in a life threatening situation, depending on my help to survive. Maybe stuck beside the road in a blizzard. I drive by & opt to not help them. They die.

I could easily shoot them long range, but there is a risk I'd get caught.
    I think about it, maybe they worry I'm angry enough to do that.
    Neither is likely. I can only hope they die of a lingering terrible disease, causing them each years of agony.
    In my case, the judge was a drunk. He had been arrested numerous times for DUI. The lawyer asking the questions was Chair of the Vermont House Judiciary Committee, The lawyer was responsible for the Judge remaining seated & the Judge had favors to repay. He had no interest in a "fair" decision.
    I've had a few friends and acquaintances whose family members were constant drunks and eventually died from liver damage, but it often takes a long time and puts quite a burden on the family, if they can't give up- walk away from the drunk. The highest blood-alcohol level I personally knew of was 0.54%, the blood having been drawn in a hospital; I didn't hear the ultimate fate of the subject.

Perhaps your two will do themselves in that way. Could you take a life insurance policy out on the judge if you knew he was still behaving that way? Apply for Double Indemnity if he causes the accident that kills him, and Quadruple Indemnity if he kills anyone else.

Last edited by Oldiron2; 05-17-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    I've had a few friends and acquaintances whose family members were constant drunks and eventually died from liver damage, but it often takes a long time and puts quite a burden on the family, if they can't give up- walk away from the drunk. The highest blood-alcohol level I personally knew of was 0.54%, the blood having been drawn in a hospital; I didn't hear the ultimate fate of the subject.

Perhaps your two will do themselves in that way. Could you take a life insurance policy out on the judge if you knew he was still behaving that way? Apply for Double Indemnity if he causes the accident that kills him, and Quadruple Indemnity if he kills anyone else.

Well, the judge I mentioned with a severe drinking problem died 20 years ago. He was a mess & I don't know the details of his cause of death. The lawyer who Chaired the House Judiciary committee also died around then. I'm a Christian (not a good one), I'm confident both are feeling the fires of Hell every day.

The vacation home owners I mentioned, I have learned this was their eighth vacation home "flip" & I'm not the first tradesman they screwed. These people are professionals!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    The vacation home owners I mentioned, I have learned this was their eighth vacation home "flip" & I'm not the first tradesman they screwed. These people are professionals!
    Sounds like fraud to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebmrust View Post
    Sounds like fraud to me.
    Me too.

Post Thanks / Like

"Court" is where justice is dispensed with.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist