+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paid Opportunity to Give Feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Paid Opportunity to Give Feedback

Hi welders!

My name is Hannah and I work for Martec, a market research group located in Detroit, MI. We're trying to learn more about the brands of welding equipment that you use and why you prefer certain brands over others.

We are compensating $100 for a 30 minute phone call. Please email me at hannah.starr@martcegroup.com if you are interested!

I look forward to hearing from some welders that want to share their welding experiences and want to make their favorite brands better :)

2. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paid Opportunity to Give Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by hannahmartec View Post
    Hi welders!

My name is Hannah and I work for Martec, a market research group located in Detroit, MI. We're trying to learn more about the brands of welding equipment that you use and why you prefer certain brands over others.

We are compensating $100 for a 30 minute phone call. Please email me at hannah.starr@martcegroup.com if you are interested!

I look forward to hearing from some welders that want to share their welding experiences and want to make their favorite brands better
    The devil is always in the details, so if only out of curiosity, I will ask a few questions to clarify the situation.

Does this deal apply to all phone responders (and does it require a touch-type or cell phone) so long as they use welding equipment, or are there restrictions such as requiring the equipment to have been purchased new within some time period, or doing more than occasional hobby work?

How is payment made (perhaps a check mailed to the caller?) and what happens to the contact information once the interview is over; does it get sold to other companies, along with answers about the gear?

Does your company have a website giving general information about it, information that can be verified elsewhere or otherwise?

4. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply put.

Does it work how it should when it should. Does it weight a ton or is it portable, is it affordable, can it take a beating rolling around on the job sight or back of a truck, does it look good, is it made in CHINA or MEXICO or a place that is considered prominent of manufacturing quality built products. What type of features does it have. What type of warranty this is a big one. Does it have a try before you buy policy. I could go on but that’s your job. Good luck with the survey. Reminds me of Family Feud “ Survey Says “
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Simply put.

Does it work how it should when it should. Does it weight a ton or is it portable, is it affordable, can it take a beating rolling around on the job sight or back of a truck, does it look good, is it made in CHINA or MEXICO or a place that is considered prominent of manufacturing quality built products. What type of features does it have. What type of warranty this is a big one. Does it have a try before you buy policy. I could go on but that’s your job. Good luck with the survey. Reminds me of Family Feud “ Survey Says “
    N2, did you respond and then call to find out that those are the type of questions, or is that just your guess? It isn't clear to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    N2, did you respond and then call to find out that those are the type of questions, or is that just your guess? It isn't clear to me.
    Just my suggestions of the types of questions they should be asking
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 surveys with Christian from Martec a year or two ago. He was extremely nice and professional AND paid immediately after the phone call.

Note - her email address is misspelled- should be

mailto:hannah.starr@martecgroup.com

Somehow it gets corrected when you click on it, but if you typed direct it won’t send.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com
    www.MyWelds.com - pictures of my work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb4rt View Post

Note - her email address is misspelled- should be

mailto:hannah.starr@martecgroup.com

Somehow it gets corrected when you click on it, but if you typed direct it won’t send.
    If I (or you) copy the address [hannah.starr@martecgroup.com] from Post 1 and paste it into the "To" blank on your already opened "Compose mail" page, it works. If you just paste it in as a blank page URL, it won't do anything; your added "mailto" is a command for your system to open its mail program. This website, programmed to recognize the plain address as being one, automatically first opens a mail program when the address is clicked on.

Post Thanks / Like

This study is for anyone who regularly works with welding equipment. There are no restrictions to having the equipment purchased in a specific time period. There will be an inital phone call to discuss details and then a 30-minute Zoom call for the actual discussion.

Payment is though PayPal or Amazon gift card that will be sent at the end of the call while you are still on the line. We can also do a check in the mail, but it will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Once the interview is over, your information stays within the company and will never be sold or distributed to others. Your personal information won't leave the company, but your answers will be collected and given to the client team as a summary of what we have learned.

Yes, we have a website. Please check us out and reach out with any questions that you may have- https://martecgroup.com/

Let me know if there are any other questions

Post Thanks / Like

This study is for anyone who regularly works with welding equipment. There are no restrictions to having the equipment purchased in a specific time period. There will be an inital phone call to discuss details and then a 30-minute Zoom call for the actual discussion.

Payment is though PayPal or Amazon gift card that will be sent at the end of the call while you are still on the line. We can also do a check in the mail, but it will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Once the interview is over, your information stays within the company and will never be sold or distributed to others. Your personal information won't leave the company, but your answers will be collected and given to the client team as a summary of what we have learned.

Yes, we have a website. Please check us out and reach out with any questions that you may have- https://martecgroup.com/

Let me know if there are any other questions

Post Thanks / Like

Hi OldIron2,

The type of questions will mainly be about your personal background in welding, what you do and don't like about different brands, and what you would like to see in the future. If you want to give me a call and I can explain the study in depth, I can definitely do that! Please DM me and I will send over my phone number.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I just did this survey with Hannah. The easiest $100 I ever made and paid while we were still talking.

She is very pleasant and mostly interested in your choices of welding equipment. She asks a little about how you got into welding.

Do yourself a favor and contact her for an interview.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com

14. Likes hannahmartec, MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a survey with Martek a couple of years back. Good folks and they paid as promised.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

16. Likes hannahmartec liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got another $40 for referring 2 buddies to do the survey! $20 each.

Anybody else want me to refer them? I can use the money.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com

Post Thanks / Like

She contacted me setup a appointment and missed the appointment.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by wb4rt View Post
    I just got another $40 for referring 2 buddies to do the survey! $20 each.

Anybody else want me to refer them? I can use the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    She contacted me setup a appointment and missed the appointment.

Dave
    Maybe she forgot about the time zone difference? Or ran out of gas coming home and the station couldn't get it's register to take a credit card for five gallons because the cost was over an old preset limit?

20. Likes wb4rt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    Maybe she forgot about the time zone difference? Or ran out of gas coming home and the station couldn't get it's register to take a credit card for five gallons because the cost was over an old preset limit?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave,

I actually emailed you about re-scheduling and was waiting online for you for our initial scheduled zoom call! I am still looking forward for the chance to speak with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you
    At this time the email has not come.

Zoom is install

Thank you
    Sent other email addresses

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hannahmartec View Post
    Hi Dave,

I actually emailed you about re-scheduling and was waiting online for you for our initial scheduled zoom call! I am still looking forward for the chance to speak with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannah from Martec...I am intrested in this survey you got goin on..however I am about as tech savvy as an orangutang with 10 thumbs, I know nothing about this zoom thing and all I got is an old style flip phone that wont work on the innernet so I dont think that will work. What I do have though is about 50 years of experience behind me and Ive used most evry brand of welding equipment and the other tools that go along with this busness. My email is kroutjay57@gmail.com if you want to contact me there or you can message me here. You can see some of the work I do in this racket if you look up Popeye the old miner and Popeye an old miner on this website forum.

Popeye
    Last edited by old miner called Pop; 05-29-2022 at 07:32 AM.

25. Likes WenValley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hannah is very nice to work with, it took about 1/2 hour.

I would PM

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by old miner called Pop View Post
    Hannah from Martec...I am intrested in this survey you got goin on..however I am about as tech savvy as an orangutang with 10 thumbs, I know nothing about this zoom thing and all I got is an old style flip phone that wont work on the innernet so I dont think that will work. What I do have though is about 50 years of experience behind me and Ive used most evry brand of welding equipment and the other tools that go along with this busness. My email is kroutjay57@gmail.com if you want to contact me there or you can message me here. You can see some of the work I do in this racket if you look up Popeye the old miner and Popeye an old miner on this website forum.

Popeye

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email from her...gave her my number...she didnt call...sent her a message from here...she still didnt call...maybe this program is done or she went on vacation or somethin

Post Thanks / Like

Try hour spam folder 📂

Dave

I got an email from her...gave her my number...she didnt call...sent her a message from here...she still didnt call...maybe this program is done or she went on vacation or somethin

Post Thanks / Like

I just got done talking with the young lady...its the real deal and so is she...happy to help you out Miss Hannah...Best wishes and good luck in the future

Popeye

30. Likes wb4rt, MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She was interested any was work longer the better.
    She seem happy I used Miller .

Dave

I just got done talking with the young lady...its the real deal and so is she...happy to help you out Miss Hannah...Best wishes and good luck in the future

Popeye

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist