+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thermal Dynamics AutoCut 200XT - Consumables.....??

Post Thanks / Like

Thermal Dynamics AutoCut 200XT - Consumables.....??

Hey guys, I'm falling down the rabbit hole of part numbers for a plasma table. I got asked to assist with the retro-fit of an old SATO cantilevered Plasma Table. Removed all the original motors, controllers, cabling, etc and installed a new FlashCut system. Aside from being a pain with needing to machine out the motor brackets, mill the shafts for the gear reducers and motors to fit...it's been ok. Got the gantry moving and it's fairly smooth. I'm working with FlashCut to tune the servo motors this week sometime to smooth out a low speed shimmy.

But.....I've been asked to get consumables. Now.....I'm a commercial electrician with experience in machining, PLC controlled machinery, and a host of other stuff. I've done a fair bit of metal working in the past. But I'm lost a bit. Question #1.....Can the 200A XT-301 torch parts be used on all amperages up to 200A? or would they be better off running consumables based on the amperage range they're running (I'm leaning towards this, but they want a simple solution without needing to change all the parts all the time). Name:  IMG_20220513_145322_606.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  121.7 KB
    -Millermatic 211, Powermax 380, and way too many other tools to list....
    -Unofficial, professsional, garage tinkerer...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thermal Dynamics AutoCut 200XT - Consumables.....??

Best results are always consumables matched for the amps, and thickness being cut.. Also, you can fine tune the sweet spot in your table IPM somewhat.. Sometimes places like Thermacut/ Centicut/ have upgraded nozzle or consumable upgrades available for your torch..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yyc_tbird_sc View Post
    Hey guys, I'm falling down the rabbit hole of part numbers for a plasma table. I got asked to assist with the retro-fit of an old SATO cantilevered Plasma Table. Removed all the original motors, controllers, cabling, etc and installed a new FlashCut system. Aside from being a pain with needing to machine out the motor brackets, mill the shafts for the gear reducers and motors to fit...it's been ok. Got the gantry moving and it's fairly smooth. I'm working with FlashCut to tune the servo motors this week sometime to smooth out a low speed shimmy.

But.....I've been asked to get consumables. Now.....I'm a commercial electrician with experience in machining, PLC controlled machinery, and a host of other stuff. I've done a fair bit of metal working in the past. But I'm lost a bit. Question #1.....Can the 200A XT-301 torch parts be used on all amperages up to 200A? or would they be better off running consumables based on the amperage range they're running (I'm leaning towards this, but they want a simple solution without needing to change all the parts all the time). Name:  IMG_20220513_145322_606.jpg
    Consumables are designed to match the selected amperage as close as possible. The Auto Cuts don't offer the wide range of consumables that the Ultra Cuts do but they can still utilize water mist secondary's and they cut very nice for a conventional product. If your customer is interested in a bunch of 1/2 price brand new consumables I have some to sell. Good Luck !
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yyc_tbird_sc View Post

Instead of changing the parts all the time, most folks keep a cartridge set up for each amperage. That way they just twist off one cartridge and twist on one with the amperage they want to go to.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

5. Likes yyc_tbird_sc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got all the cut charts, have put it back into the vendor whom we did the work for. I'm a commercial electrician with a background in metal working and mechanics, so we got asked to take this project on as a favour through some contacts. Was a fun project....tons of learning.

After talking with a few of my other clients who run the same style system, they've said the same thing in regards to the separate cartridges. See what the shop wants to do cost wise....
    -Millermatic 211, Powermax 380, and way too many other tools to list....
    -Unofficial, professsional, garage tinkerer...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist