Thread: Millermatic 250, trigger not working.

Post Thanks / Like

Millermatic 250, trigger not working.

Good afternoon everyone, I would certainly appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

I got this millermatic 250 from my dad, at the time the circuit board was fried. I was able to repair the board.

First little bit of welding with it, it shorted out. There was a tear in the outer liner of the chord for the gun, and it made contact with the mower deck i was repairing...Needless to say the gun and trigger quit working. I bought a brand new MDX-250 stinger gun, hooked it up and still nothing.

Welder powers on, I can hear the "humm". I can't visibly see any wires internally burned, and at the time I couldn't smell anything either.

I don't know much about these, so just assume I'm a moron if you answer. Any advice or suggestions are so very much appreciated. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Millermatic 250, trigger not working.

Take the gun off and fix it again so you can make the machine run by connecting the two terminals/wires that feed out to the torch.

Use a ohm (continuity) meter to check your wires in new torch are making connection when trigger is pulled.

Reinstall new torch. Weld.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Danielplace. Brand new torch checked out with ohm test, so the trigger is working. Still not telling it to feed wire, or put out any juice.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your earlier repair fried again ?

What you fixed may have been same reason it is down again from the bad torch shorting out. Could be a fuse let go if it has any protecting the torch switch circuit.