Thread: Kayak Rack for ATV/Golf Cart Utility Trailer

Post Thanks / Like

Kayak Rack for ATV/Golf Cart Utility Trailer

Hobby welder here...Getting ready for the sandbass run this year, I built a rack for my trailer that rode along the rail so I could keep my golf cart in the trailer. This is the design I came up with:

2. Likes 52 Ford, VaughnT, albrightree, farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayak Rack for ATV/Golf Cart Utility Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by sethmac View Post
    Hobby welder here...Getting ready for the sandbass run this year, I built a rack for my trailer that rode along the rail so I could keep my golf cart in the trailer. This is the design I came up with:

Nice! Looks like they turned out well. Beats trying to put them on the roof!

I subscribed to your channel.

I actually added a stern mounted Minn Kota 40lb trolling motor to my Old Town kayak this year. Hand throttle control and foot steering. I still need to button everything up, but I need to test it on the water first. Haven't had time.

I fish mostly freshwater and paddling us usually fine, but being able to motor along and have both hands free to cast should be pretty nice. Plus it'll make going into a strong wind or against a current way easier.

The trolling motor I used was a bow mount, foot steer model. I'll try and get around to posting a thing on here about how I made it work. I might make a YouTube video, too.

Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk

4. Likes sethmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayak Rack for ATV/Golf Cart Utility Trailer

Would love to see it...appreciate the subscribe! I fish mostly fresh water too, but would love to get out in the salt

6. Likes 52 Ford liked this post