+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miller M-180 help needed

Post Thanks / Like

Miller M-180 help needed

I am restoring a vintage Miller M-180 and disassembled the unit to get it powder coated and didn't take pictures of the internals. Can someone take some pictures of the guts of their machine? I need to reassemble the two rollers and spring that show the amperage adjustment.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Miller M-180 help needed

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeckel View Post
    I am restoring a vintage Miller M-180 and disassembled the unit to get it powder coated and didn't take pictures of the internals. Can someone take some pictures of the guts of their machine? I need to reassemble the two rollers and spring that show the amperage adjustment.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Why don't you go to the Miler site and try to find a manual with the schematics for your machine, using the serial number to get the right one. I'm not sure lots of other people here have one and can do what you ask, let alone have the time and inclination to open up their machine to get pictures, assuming they even see your thread. For that matter, it might help if you post pictures showing the faceplate, the general internal location of the parts in question, and what they look like, in case your machine is similar to other models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    Why don't you go to the Miler site and try to find a manual with the schematics for your machine, using the serial number to get the right one. I'm not sure lots of other people here have one and can do what you ask, let alone have the time and inclination to open up their machine to get pictures, assuming they even see your thread. For that matter, it might help if you post pictures showing the faceplate, the general internal location of the parts in question, and what they look like, in case your machine is similar to other models.
    There are shop drawings on the miller site but it doesn’t depict the two rollers inside the machine

Post Thanks / Like

There are shop drawings on the miller site but it doesn’t depict the two rollers inside the machine
    Most manuals I've seen there have parts breakdown diagrams and parts lists in addition to the electrical schematics. Couldn't find a manual with that? Also, what about the pictures I suggested you post?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    Most manuals I've seen there have parts breakdown diagrams and parts lists in addition to the electrical schematics. Couldn't find a manual with that? Also, what about the pictures I suggested you post?
    Got it figured out. This will be the last post I make on this forum. Your crappy replies aren’t appreciated. I’m not sure if you are a moderator or system admin but you are rude.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it figured out. Have a great day.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was nice.

Post Thanks / Like

well that was rude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Got it figured out. This will be the last post I make on this forum. Your crappy replies aren’t appreciated. I’m not sure if you are a moderator or system admin but you are rude.
    Hopefully you come back. Not everyone is rude and even when some are, it doesn't happen too often or it takes a but of prodding for them to get that way.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Hopefully you come back. Not everyone is rude and even when some are, it doesn't happen too often or it takes a but of prodding for them to get that way.
    Did you read the earlier posts?
    The OP asked for help, I gave a few suggestions (including his posting pictures of the problem area) and he got upset because he either couldn't understand or follow them, or because he didn't immediately get the answer he wanted. In his first reply to mine, he didn't directly address, in detail, the points I had made.
    What was rude on my part? Am I, or anyone else here, supposed to know everything about every model ever made, read his brainwaves to get unstated information, and give an answer that answers his specific wants, or else?
    The rudeness was on his part, and it's fine with me if he stays away. Seems like a spoiled brat to me, and apparently a few others here didn't disagree about his rudeness.

Post Thanks / Like

Your first post made assumptions about what other members might be willing to do. And it came across more strongly than needed.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Your first post made assumptions about what other members might be willing to do. And it came across more strongly than needed.
    The main assumption was that not many would read the thread soon and fewer who did would have the same machine or the information. I was suggesting alternate sources of the information in case he didn't know it should be there. Nothing emotional about the situation on my part, just stating facts as I know them from being here along time.

Last edited by Oldiron2; 06-06-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We won't miss him if he does not come back. He was asking a lot. The M-180 ac stick welder that today, is a very rare welder. I have repaired Miller welders for almost 25 years. and after looking at the owners/ parts manual I do not believe i have ever worked on one. But after looking at the parts page, if the amp gauge had rollers.
    they were added and are not factory. The gauge is a spring steel strap just like the one used one the CP 300. It is just horizontal, instead of vertical.
    WE can tell he has not read any post here and realize we are always asking for more information so we can give the best answer possible.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist