+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new to me mud cleaning system

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new to me mud cleaning system

got the drill rig tower in place and the traveling cylinder pin driven in. now I need to bolt up all the slides hook up all the hoses fix the ones that broke in all this work and be another few hours closer toward done
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

2. Likes whtbaron, farmersammm, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at the bicycle and the checkerplate on the ground... I don't think I've ever seen it that coarse before...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

4. Likes farmall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

those are plastic traction mats for dealing with mud in the winter https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/gro...iABEgK5_PD_BwE one of the many reasons I hate drilling in the winter but its quicker to throw those down before I'm stuck than dig the rig out afterwards. as for the bike I still have kids in the 6 and 8 range and they are all over everything i goes that's how I learned. thankfully bicycles haven't go up much in price in 30 years, when I got my first one,I remember it being 87 dollars in 1988. one gets ran over here and there. just part of it.
    Last edited by idacal; 08-11-2022 at 11:12 PM.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

6. Likes whtbaron, farmall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think the Canadian in the crowd would have recognized those, but I've used them. Enjoy the bicycle stage while you can... cars have definitely gone up in price. I still miss Lego...
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

8. Likes 12V71, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    You would think the Canadian in the crowd would have recognized those, but I've used them. Enjoy the bicycle stage while you can... cars have definitely gone up in price. I still miss Lego...
    Not when you step on them in the dark.

10. Likes whtbaron, farmall, 52 Ford, CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    got the drill rig tower in place and the traveling cylinder pin driven in. now I need to bolt up all the slides hook up all the hoses fix the ones that broke in all this work and be another few hours closer toward done
    Are you cutting down steel, or have a source for ready made? I really like the built in breakout tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Still, the plastic and rubber traction mats I've seen had smaller checkering or no checkering at all.... come to think of it, the smooth ones might have just been repurposed stall mats.

Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk
    Sent via smoke signals using my Lincoln buzzbox

13. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If your screen deck is horizontal I'm not sure you'll get much material movement with the circular motion of the vibrator. most flat deck screens have an elliptical stroke at an angle whereas sloped ones have a circular stroke. You may have to mount the vibrator at an angle from horizontal to try to impart some forward movement of the sand.
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

This is the shaker I’m using its factory built Just got rid of the 2000 lbs base designed for off shore use it was way overbuilt for the work I’m doing https://www.slb.com/drilling/drillin...-motion-shaker

Post Thanks / Like

made some progress this weekend moved this rig into the shop to get out of the sun, my other rigs sure will not sit sideways in the shop lol, reinstalled the top head, that's the orange thing sitting on the tower, for those that don't know thats what actually rotates the drill stem. I can't lower it completely down waiting on a hydraulic fitting. bspp fittings rock, I'm finally getting a fairly decent supply of jic, now i get to start buying enough bspp to get by . I have another shelving unit coming just to store all the fittings and adaptors and washers I have been stocking up on.
    today I realized I now have a fairly large issue either I did it or it was done before I bought it (joys of auctions) but I have a oil control valve that is cracked looks like it got crushed when the mast set down in the wrong place, it sits under the mast where the hoses are hanging loose toward the crown. the part number matched up with a rexroth but i will see if its a 6 month lead time or not anyway here is some pics its cracked across the plug in the middle with the paint still on it
    Last edited by idacal; 08-14-2022 at 09:00 PM.

17. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought i was totally dead in the water over that cracked valve housing then I remembered that the rotator that I pulled off had a large controller valve on it to, exact same part number!! couldn't believe it anyway got it all changed out then because I shortened the tower 19' all the hoses had to be shortened and the cable track also. that was a full day of fun. anyway still need to find a place to install a winch.
    now Im starting to work on a rod handling system for it Im not getting younger so spinning and dragging stem is not getting any easier. its going to be a try it and see what works build, fully expect to build it multiple times before its right.

19. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

made some progress over that last few weeks in the spare hours and a lot over this long weekend. I have finally sat down and started learning qcad so I can send files over to the plasma guy. they can now at least get the gist of what I want. worked on a whole lot of little stuff, and now am waiting on more parts, some to be cut, some ordered. its a party. anyway here is some pictures its just small stuff that will not make sense until its all together. made two of the blocks with the radiuses basically I'm attempting to build a rod gripper. and the large l shaped bracket will travel up and down 5' on the side of the rig. some stuff will deffinetly need redone just seeing if its going to work.
    anyway what is a good countersink for plastics the one I use chirps and chatters and doesn't make a nice smooth cut?
    also Im going to need to rotate the arm about 250 degrees I would like to not use a slewing drive because of speed and cost. any ideas on a linkage that can be cylinder driven?

Post Thanks / Like

made a little progress this weekend wanted to make a trunion style cylinder mount for this gripper because i going to need few farther down the road and its easier to throw away small pieces of metal rather than big ones. these are plugs of t 1 steel 3.5 diameter drilled the center hole close to size then made an arbor to machine the outside and fase the one side. I then slid the faced side in and gripped against the outside to bore them. After inside and outside were to diameter put a center mark on them and roughed out the trounion arms turned them between centers for the final truing up of the arms. wasn't perfect but turned out pretty good. turned a .100 off of the hydraulic cylinder for shoulders and clamped them on. split them in the band saw.
    Last edited by idacal; 09-11-2022 at 09:34 PM.

22. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also ordered in a slewing gear for this project about 12.28 diameter but now Im having second thoughts because finding a pinion gear is going to be a pain. its a fellows stub gear profile and i need a 10 or 11 tooth. I could use 2 cylinders and a chain because i dont need full rotation need about 280 degrees but im trying to figure this part of it all out. so slewing gear or cylinders what to do what to do.

Post Thanks / Like

haven't made a lot of progress on the drilling stuff. but over a year ago a tenant decided to throw their cigarettes and blunts behind the couch and succeeded in burning out the inside out of the house.It took almost a year to deal with insurance and then getting dumpsters and an excavator rented at the same time has been a bear. But we where starting to have vagrant issues so it had to be dealt with. My dad, a couple of brothers and my help went over there today and succeeded in putting the house into 3 dumpsters in about 4 hours needed one more dumpster to finish cleaning up. was a fun day of destruction and adult sized tonka toys.
    rented the excavator and family brought skid steers with grapples. all in all a fun day

25. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the house. You have some serious skills in fixing your drilling rig. I wouldn't even know where to start with some of those repairs you are doing.

I have been teaching myself QCAD as well. There are a lot of videos on YouTube that have helped. Eventually I would like to learn Sketchup or another 3D program, but QCAD works for now.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

My son went through some of that when a tenant's grow op burned down his rental property. The rebuild ended up costing him $30k over what the insurance would cover.
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Thats kind of the situation here cant replace the house for what insurance payed out. could have a year before the fire but not after materials inflation hit 2 years ago and just didn’t stay on it. They payed out enough that we will probably just sell the empty lot and find somewhere else to invest money. Residentual Rental owners you have so few rights its not worth playing the game.i no longer care that people cant find a place to live not my problem. oregon put in rent control and the funny thing is that has chained the tenants to the owners and viseversa they cant move because market rent is several hundred dollars over what they are paying and we cant do major superficial interior maintenance, painting, carpet, drywall repair where they punched a hole in the wall stuff like that. while they are in the house, thats stuff we usually do every 3 to 5 years so as they destroy the place they have to live in their own crap. Enough venting though, im trying to find a fellowsstub gear 5/7 pitch 17 tooth pinion gear. Rush cant help me qnd im not finding involute cutters for that size.

29. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    Thats kind of the situation here cant replace the house for what insurance payed out. could have a year before the fire but not after materials inflation hit 2 years ago and just didn’t stay on it. They payed out enough that we will probably just sell the empty lot and find somewhere else to invest money. Residentual Rental owners you have so few rights its not worth playing the game.i no longer care that people cant find a place to live not my problem. oregon put in rent control and the funny thing is that has chained the tenants to the owners and viseversa they cant move because market rent is several hundred dollars over what they are paying and we cant do major superficial interior maintenance, painting, carpet, drywall repair where they punched a hole in the wall stuff like that. while they are in the house, thats stuff we usually do every 3 to 5 years so as they destroy the place they have to live in their own crap. Enough venting though, im trying to find a fellowsstub gear 5/7 pitch 17 tooth pinion gear. Rush cant help me qnd im not finding involute cutters for that size.
    Is there an OEM that uses that slew ring? they may have the pinion you need.

Post Thanks / Like

Im not sureits oem use, its an ebay special i have tracked down the dimensions to a kaydon slewing gear mt series 145 the pinion is a
    39201001 Kaydon part number just not getting anyone to call me back,just need to be more annoying i guess, motion industrys has the partnumber on their site and i have been waiting on a call back from them.

32. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cut a whole house up with a sawzall and put it in fire pit, burned it up. Took a couple weeksd, no dum[ster, only stuff went to landfill was some windows, misc couple loads in a pickup truck.
    Aint no way I would build conventional housing for rentals. I rent 1, my Dad tried to rent but he just not good at it and doesnt understand bums are not going to change. I have 1 but single woman who takes care of it, the rent is less but she fixes more than she breaks.
    Last edited by Sberry; 09-27-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know machines are SOP but I tend to do some hand, might be tempted to unsheet it first and bundle it. Cost off set by taking 1 less dumpster.

Post Thanks / Like

it could have been done a lot cheaper but if my drill rig is not running its very expensive. and there was 2 drill rig operators (my brothers) whose rigs were also parked. but its a lot of fun to tear stuff up so its worth it lol we had quotes between 12 at 18 thousand to tear it down. we haven't got the dump fees yet but thinking about 35 hundred total cost and one day and no more vagrants breaking in. as for burning, city would not allow that.
    and it was a double wide trailer, conventional housing, you would be crazy to rent out. we can have a twice moved house back on the site for ready to rent for 50,000
    Last edited by idacal; 09-27-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a pinion on its way so drill rig progress can keep happening

37. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, you beat up on the quote bya long shot.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist