+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Century 170gl troubleshooting Card

Post Thanks / Like

Century 170gl troubleshooting Card

My faithful century gl was exposed to high frequency from my plasma cutter, now I've got constant power welding volts,no wire feed, Help....!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Century 170gl troubleshooting Card

How is it you concluded the cause effect here?

Post Thanks / Like

It was exposed to my high frequency plasma, I was told I had a bad flux capacitor...I've go the card diagram, there 4 on board card capacitors, and there is on in case capacitor......

Post Thanks / Like

Since you are headed in to a career in electric,,,, first, simply assuming leads to more problems than it fixes. My feeder sits next to the plasma for a decade, works on the same benches. 2nd and nothing against anyone in particular but,,,, "Someone told me" is a terrible trouble shooter and "I was always told" is not usually a good way to study code etc. But the upside is that I believe you have more formal training program for industrial maintenance than we do. So much learning on those jobs here is hand to mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

What I am getting at here is,, thousands of those machines sit next to each other, on the same carts, millions of operating hours for years and decades, this is about the first time I really hear about this.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, I am like you wouldn't ever thought it to have any affect on the machine other than me being lazy having both working grounds on the table probably had something to do with it. I was cutting noticed my mig was running on its own,so go figure..!! I got this machine not working by repairing a friend's essab machine. He gave me this machine for repairing his...I was extremely fortunate to find a broken solder joint on the card by glassing it...lol..It's been a good machine. The ssr is continually closed making constant voltage but no wire feeder voltage....soooo I'm stumbling through the process of illimination. If you a praying man drop one in for me....thanks in advance for any help...
    Last edited by bholley; 06-11-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a more informative post.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Lincoln's web site. Take the model number from the welder.
    Find the parts manual tab and enter as a quest. Put the model number in the code number box and the parts manual with the diagram should be available.
    If that doesn't work call Lincoln WCTA at 1 866 236 0044 Tech support for century products both old and new.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist