Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1990 Ford Super Duty with ZF5 manual transmission SMOKING from shift boot!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1990 Ford Super Duty with ZF5 manual transmission SMOKING from shift boot!

I know the feeling. Transmission on my 08 Rav 4 started acting up a week ago. It's high mileage and hasn't cost me any big bills yet, so I think it's going down the road as a mechanic's special. The wife's 012 is due to be replaced anyway so we'll replace it and I'll get another hand me down for a parts chaser. Right now $40k Cdn. will buy a new Rav or a 2016 Tacoma so I guess the wife wins...
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    I know the feeling. Transmission on my 08 Rav 4 started acting up a week ago. It's high mileage and hasn't cost me any big bills yet, so I think it's going down the road as a mechanic's special. The wife's 012 is due to be replaced anyway so we'll replace it and I'll get another hand me down for a parts chaser. Right now $40k Cdn. will buy a new Rav or a 2016 Tacoma so I guess the wife wins...
    You must like those Rav 4’s.

Back in 1995 they weren’t available in Canada yet. My girlfriend (at the time) was the financial manager for the local Lexus dealership and was convinced that was going to be her next new vehicle. (based on “new” cool factor and employee discount)

While on a Valentines Day trip to San Francisco we must have spent half a day trying to find a dealer that had one so she could do a test drive.

All’s well that ends well though. She ended up with a Mazda Miata and getting married a couple years later.*

*not to me thank goodness. What a nutcase she was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

3. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had an 03, 08, 012 and sometime in the next 4 to 6 mths we'll take delivery of a 22.... all 4 cyl's .... the 03 was a manual and developed transmission issues after 300,000 km as well... other than that, we really haven't had much trouble with them...
    The harder you fall, the higher you bounce...

250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Cut 50 Plasma
    Les