Thread: Weldpro Omni 210 for $1,400?

Post Thanks / Like

Weldpro Omni 210 for $1,400?

Hi,

I'm new to welding (hobbyist) and new to the site. I'm shopping around for a first welder and am taking a hard look at the Weldpro Omni 210 (https://weldpro.com/product/weldpro-...dc-tig-welder/). It's a dual voltage machine that does MIG, Flux Core, Stick and AC/DC Tig on sale for $1400. Seems almost too good to be true. I don't see a lot on this specific machine around the web, but the reviews of their other machines seem solid.

Anyone else have experience on this machine or other experiences with Weldpro units, customer service, etc. etc.

Thanks in Advance,

ZLT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weldpro Omni 210 for $1,400?

This is about all I could find on Weldpro:
    "Weldpro is a part of a multinational company Shandong Linglong Tire CO LTD"

The stats they list seem too good to be true and they don't list a duty cycle even on their own website so I'd be wary but it does have dual fans, dual gas inlets and it comes with some good hardware (CK17 flexhead torch and a solid work clamp). They do list amperage for each process:
    "MIG: 40-200 A; AC/DC TIG: 5-200A; DC stick: 20–200 A)

If you get one let us know if it's any good, the site says they are on backorder.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I hadnít noticed that they omitted the duty cycle! Yes Iím mulling over calling them and at least seeing what they say the anticipated back order wait is. If I do Iíll be sure to ask about duty cycle as well.

Post Thanks / Like

There is NO WAY I would ever go near any of the budget welder brands (Weldpro, Amico, Yeswelder, etc.). Especially since you can buy a Hobart multiprocess machine for less money https://store.cyberweld.com/hobart-m...00-500578.html
    Miller Multimatic 255

5. Likes NotaVegetarian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C4Mac View Post
    This is about all I could find on Weldpro:
    "Weldpro is a part of a multinational company Shandong Linglong Tire CO LTD"

The stats they list seem too good to be true and they don't list a duty cycle even on their own website so I'd be wary but it does have dual fans, dual gas inlets and it comes with some good hardware (CK17 flexhead torch and a solid work clamp). They do list amperage for each process:
    "MIG: 40-200 A; AC/DC TIG: 5-200A; DC stick: 20–200 A)

If you get one let us know if it's any good, the site says they are on backorder.

WeldPro, Eastwood, AHP 200/201X and Primeweld import machines from LingLong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    There is NO WAY I would ever go near any of the budget welder brands (Weldpro, Amico, Yeswelder, etc.). Especially since you can buy a Hobart multiprocess machine for less money https://store.cyberweld.com/hobart-m...00-500578.html
    That is looking very good to me. I would add the foot control. But looks like a gas-thru dins connector for the tig torch so say it has gas solenoid. Personally I hate the valve on the torch. Beats most of the other multi process units.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

While it is great to find a machine that does it all,,,, what is it you are going to be working on? Is a machine good is a different question than is this the right machine for you.

Post Thanks / Like

To correct a little miss information.
    Weldpro in owned and manufactured by Linlong Welding Equipment Co., Ltd.

Weldpro is available from Professional Welding Distributors.

The Omni210 comes with a CK tig torch (mfg WA usa) and SSC Controls foot pedal (mfg OH usa).

Look on the Weldpro website for distributors. Call and talk to some. Ask if they stock the Omni and if yes, ask them what they think of it. If they stock it, I am sure they would also be happy to sell you one.

Post Thanks / Like

If you deal with Purity in TC. Check with Brian to see what he thinks about Weldpro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZLT View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to welding (hobbyist) and new to the site. I'm shopping around for a first welder and am taking a hard look at the Weldpro Omni 210 (https://weldpro.com/product/weldpro-...dc-tig-welder/). It's a dual voltage machine that does MIG, Flux Core, Stick and AC/DC Tig on sale for $1400. Seems almost too good to be true. I don't see a lot on this specific machine around the web, but the reviews of their other machines seem solid.

Anyone else have experience on this machine or other experiences with Weldpro units, customer service, etc. etc.

Thanks in Advance,

ZLT
    Mmm their site displays $1453 and not sure shipping is included

I think I would would buy 2 Primewelds (a TIG 225X and a MIG 180 with spool gun) before buying that unit, at least if one breaks some welding can be done with the other machine and with a 3 year warranties and free shipping Both ways plus costing Less than that single unit $1418 including shipping in the US

Can't see even entertaining the idea of buying a welder without duty cycle specifications clearly stated.
    Last edited by 455dan; 07-16-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges