+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what would an ? spade fuse?

Post Thanks / Like

what would an ? spade fuse?

hey'all. today my wife found a spade fuse like they used to use in the older cars and trucks. its 3/4 inches wide and 1/8 thick exactly as the shape of the automotive spade kind. this one is light violet or gray blue translucent. where the 5, 10, 15, 20 etc amp rating would be there is a single capital "E". i have never seem a fuse with this kind of marking before. it was under water heater door but could have been kicked from anywhere in this utility room. past couple of months I've had plumbers, electricians, gas company, and electric service company.

does anyone might know what possiblythis could have come from or what type equipment it could be used on? thanks for looking! rob
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what would an ? spade fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by duramax-rob View Post
    hey'all. today my wife found a spade fuse like they used to use in the older cars and trucks. its 3/4 inches wide and 1/8 thick exactly as the shape of the automotive spade kind. this one is light violet or gray blue translucent. where the 5, 10, 15, 20 etc amp rating would be there is a single capital "E". i have never seem a fuse with this kind of marking before. it was under water heater door but could have been kicked from anywhere in this utility room. past couple of months I've had plumbers, electricians, gas company, and electric service company.

does anyone might know what possiblythis could have come from or what type equipment it could be used on? thanks for looking! rob
    Possibly a diode? John Deere uses doides that look like an ATO fuse but they are black. I can't remember the purpose, but if it blows the shuttle shift in the smaller tractors won't hold in forward or reverse.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what would an ? spade fuse?

i just looked again and ohm tested and diode tested. the fuse is blown and nothing either way on diode test. blew up picture and has "LITTELFUSE" and "262" on one end at top and "32v" at other top end. that end is where you would touch your test probe.

shute! it doesn't say E on top! that E upside down is the number 3! DUH! thanks for the looks and replies! must be the empty space behind my eyeballs!!!
    lincoln 125sp
    dayton 250 ac/dc
    miller 211 w/spool gun
    ahp 200 sx tig
    lotos ltp5000d
    kubota b3200 FEL BH
    of course duramax diesel

4. Likes 12V71, whtbaron liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist