Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel tank build. 2 gallons

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuel tank build. 2 gallons

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    That is without a doubt the most overbuilt gas can I've ever seen LOL!!!

100% serious, though. I wish all of my fuel cans were aluminum. I've had two plastic gas cans split open along the seam from manufacturing just this year. First one spilled fuel all in the back of the Expedition (wreaked for WEEKS!), second one did the same, but the gas leaked onto a tarp this time. I wasn't the one who filled it, when to go fill up a small engine and gas poured all over the place. Couldn't figure out why... busted seam.

I'm not going to rant about it (too much ), but I will say that "spillproof cans" are the only ones I spill... They're also the only ones that seem to burst. I've never had luck with the BS safety nozzles on cans. I'll take a steel jerry can over a plastic can any day. I just unscrew the top on my plastic cans if I need to fuel something up. Heck, even on an automobile, you have to use a fancy funnel to fuel them up, so whats the point using the chit nozzle they include on the can? I keep a 5 gallon can in my truck, just incase I see a stranded motorist, if I run out of gas, if I need to mix up some gas for the chainsaw, etc... I also have to keep a special funnel in the truck to add gas to cars. (insert eye-roll emoji here)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and be careful what type of tubing you're using fuel with deteriorate some of that stuff. Depending on the type of plastic, some of it will turn into goo.

Literally, depending on the type of plastic, you can soak it in gasoline (never tried it with diesel) and it'll turn into a gel like substance. Sorta fun to play with. LOL

Also, not sure why I'm sharing this, but I am... Gasoline dissolves in Styrofoam (edit: no... Styrofoam dissolves in Gasoline). I remember when I was about 11 or 12, me and a friend made a big batch of it. You know that game "Hot Potato"? Yeah. We played it with Napalm (basically). LOL No one got hurt, either. Did that more than once, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand the design. Round handle for transport, recessed handles for pouring. Well done! One question, will it need a vent?
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

Post Thanks / Like

Probably use a cap on the end of the hose that pops off easy if needed