+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connecting Chicago Elec. Regulator to Vulcan TIG Torch

Post Thanks / Like

Connecting Chicago Elec. Regulator to Vulcan TIG Torch

Looks like I'll need an adapter to connect the two male fittings. I have both a newer Vulcan regulator (Came with the 220) with a female outlet connector on my C25 bottle and an older Chicago Electric regulator I'd like to use on my Argon bottle but the CE Reg. has a male fitting with a screw on barbed adapter. The newer Vulcan works with my Vulcan 220 and Vulcan TIG torch but I don't want to keep swapping the regulator each time I go from MIG to TIG. I'd like to adapt the CE Reg. male fitting to work with the TIG torch male fitting.

I believe the Vulcan hose connection is a 5/8 but not sure about the CE male threads. It's closer to 17mm.

Has anyone come across this? I'd rather try an adapter fitting than buy a new regulator. I've been using the CE Reg. with an old Lincoln MIG and it works well.

Thanks all.

Name:  Adapter needed.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  165.7 KB
    Old Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 MIG conversion
    Vulcan 220 Omnipro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Connecting Chicago Elec. Regulator to Vulcan TIG Torch

If I follow your plan, instead of swapping hoses (from reg) at your welder you want to be able to screw the hose from the welder to either regulator.

If that is your plan, I would use a “Y” connection so the gas from either tank is available simply by turning on one or the other. Use a “Y” that fits the Vulcan hose, buy some hose and 3 barb fittings that fit the Vulcan, and use the existing CE barb (if hose size is same). You are more likely to find those parts than an odd adapter plus that eliminates swapping any hoses.

I would prefer to just swap the Vulcan regulator as needed since I am either MIG or TIG on a project until finished.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com
    www.MyWelds.com - pictures of my work

3. Likes Flyer58 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist