Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It is a little high for me in price. Hobart GW-222. Your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is a little high for me in price. Hobart GW-222. Your thoughts.

The heavy haul company I worked for in the early 80's had a trailer built in the late 60's that could carry 100 ton loads on 48 tires. It had a V-4 Wisconsin to power the hydraulic system to lift the deck at each end and steer the rear to get around corners or maneuver in tight spots. That thing was a pos, we were loading a 992 cat loader once and it wouldn't run long enough to lift the trailer. I called the office and told them I was unloading right there and they could send another trailer.
    No way was I going to get caught in an intersection or on a railroad crossing not being able to lift up to get over the tracks. After that yelling match they replaced it with a very nice Duetz 3 cylinder diesel and used a slightly smaller pump that ran things better without overloading the engine.

2. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of them worked a good long time, then when they need much service seems they never worked right again.

4. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be worth something for a collector. It is pretty old and doesn't look to be in too bad of condition.

Post Thanks / Like

It may be worth something for a collector.
    That is a good point to consider. I say,,,, not much. The collectors of this kind of thing are njot the typr to sit on long green to get a welder is scrap. They get them for near fr3ee and spend endless hours fixing at about 50 cents an hour,,,, just like old tractors, I would never buy a fixer upper4, would get one restrored. A guy spends years fixing, driving around the country finding used parts could have been bought new for 1/2, paints it, marks it up 200 and tri8es to sell it to a few people might want it or he dies and the wife says,,, thank God, take that sugger out of the garage and the junk with it for 400$.
    Had a guy while back want me to paint it,,, last time it was 75, I wanted 750,,, needless to say that didnt fly and I told him to send the guy paints ift for 75 over and I will give him a raise and have 1/2 dozen more here in the morning.
    This isnt a collector Camero, reason so many in the junk. I got a 300 in the scrap, not gonna dig it out.