Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best welding helmet for tig?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best welding helmet for tig?

speedglas has been in the game a long time. theyre credited with the first auto darken filter on the market. now the first curved filter. i give it a year or two and everyone else will have copied and make their own curve filter
    invertig 221 water cooled
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the opposite experience. Speeglas for me is an ok hood for bench work but could never get it to stay put on my head for positional work. Heavy and clunky. I decided it was a pos and threw it away. Bought optrel e684 years ago now and it's been perfect for all positions and better clarity too. Highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    I've had the opposite experience. Speeglas for me is an ok hood for bench work but could never get it to stay put on my head for positional work. Heavy and clunky. I decided it was a pos and threw it away. Bought optrel e684 years ago now and it's been perfect for all positions and better clarity too. Highly recommend it.

what model speedglas did you have ? they make five or six different shells and five or six different filters.

one of these days ill have to post a video of my e684. inside the garage its ok but outside its completely unusable as the sun immediatly triggers it dark even on the lowest sensitivity. ive turned all the knobs every which way. made no difference. replaced batteries. no difference. for $350 i expected better. like many other people , i bought into the e684 hype. lesson learned i guess. maybe i could send it back to optrel for repair then sell it on ebay. i havent worn it in ages anyways. the 9002nc and elite are my work horses as they just simply work inside ,outside ,rain ,sun ,snow , it dont matter
    invertig 221 water cooled
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled

Post Thanks / Like

9100 I believe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Welder View Post
    On the machine or helmet? Helmet doesn't have those options and I don't use pulse on my machine because it's a 0 skill required way of welding.
    Man, I make a ton of money off a 0 skill type of welding then.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been having great luck with Lincoln Arc-Specs. Adjustable shades, external grind mode button, and amazingly clear view of the puddle in true color with 1/1/1/1 optical clarity.
    Link: https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en/products/k4643-1
    I've been using them for a year in heavy equipment repair, so far all I have had to do is replace the cover lenses.
    The fabric hood is included but not really necessary if you're wearing a good hat.
    Last edited by nickel_city_fab; 08-13-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    Use a bigger hammer.