Thread: estimate on a step deck trailer repair

Post Thanks / Like

estimate on a step deck trailer repair

How much do you think itís a reasonable price to replace all the cross members, new deck with brazilian wood and paint but before paint it needs to be sandblasted. Itís on a step deck big rig trailer in california.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: estimate on a step deck trailer repair

Quote Originally Posted by Tru-Stud-Welding View Post
    How much do you think it’s a reasonable price to replace all the cross members, new deck with brazilian wood and paint but before paint it needs to be sandblasted. It’s on a step deck big rig trailer in california.
    Big question. You need to figure out for yourself what the cost of materials will be locally and how much time you're going to have into this project. I rebuild quite a few trailers and it's all different from trailer to trailer. That's one big job stripping and replacing crossmembers, I've literally split and gutted outside frame flatbeds to get it done one crossmember at a time working back to the suspension subframe. Some came out to 15-20,000 bucks with new suspension, wiring and air plumbing. Still far cheaper than a new trailer and a 1974 title is cheaper to license,

3. Likes Freebirdwelds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

An excellent reply from 12V71. How would anyone know even a ball park without more information?
    ---Meltedmetal

5. Likes 12V71, Freebirdwelds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    An excellent reply from 12V71. How would anyone know even a ball park without more information?
    agreed

it's an awful "big ballpark" without the details
    :

7. Likes Freebirdwelds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you that really helped me decide on $12,500 just wood and cross members seems fair enough considering he will keep me busy with other jobs.

9. Likes Lis2323 liked this post