+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    One problem............... There's always a problem

I had a very bad halo around bright light at night with the cataracts, and thought I'd lose that with the surgery. I couldn't drive at night.

Now I have a stinkin' starburst effect around lights at night. I was never told about this, and I'm not thrilled. If this doesn't go away with time, I'm still unable to drive at night
    It will go away with time. Give everything at least a month to get back to normal. Been there done that.

2. Likes farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    One problem............... There's always a problem

I had a very bad halo around bright light at night with the cataracts, and thought I'd lose that with the surgery. I couldn't drive at night.

Now I have a stinkin' starburst effect around lights at night. I was never told about this, and I'm not thrilled. If this doesn't go away with time, I'm still unable to drive at night
    Try wearing some yellow glasses. They won't cut out the glare completely, but a lot of the "harsh" light is blue light - that's what yellow glasses filter out. Actually, yellow glasses are good for a lot of situations. If you're staring at a computer for long periods of time, yellow lens can help with eye strain. On both my phone and my laptop, I have the blue light turned down. You don't really notice it on the screen, blue is still blue, just not AS blue.

Try it - seriously! Note that I linked to safety glasses. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ansi+z87....ref=nb_sb_noss

4. Likes N2 Welding, farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    Try wearing some yellow glasses. They won't cut out the glare completely, but a lot of the "harsh" light is blue light - that's what yellow glasses filter out. Actually, yellow glasses are good for a lot of situations. If you're staring at a computer for long periods of time, yellow lens can help with eye strain. On both my phone and my laptop, I have the blue light turned down. You don't really notice it on the screen, blue is still blue, just not AS blue.

Try it - seriously! Note that I linked to safety glasses. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ansi+z87....ref=nb_sb_noss
    Blue blockers don't help with the after surgery halos, but with time they go away. It's just a readjustment process and takes time.

6. Likes farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Blue blockers don't help with the after surgery halos, but with time they go away. It's just a readjustment process and takes time.
    Good to know!

I still recommend turning the blue light filter on on your cell phone and computer. Mine are set pretty mild. White still looks white, but it DOES definitely look different than without it. They're on a timer and only cut on after the sun goes down.

Funny story - So, I installed a Ring doorbell at a family member's house recently. Well, the doorbell has a silver "shell". When I set the app up, it had an offer for a free "shell" of your choosing. So, that night, I thought I'd be nice and order them one to match their trim. I spent about 30 minutes hmmming and hawwwing about what color to get. I finally decided on on and ordered it. WELL, I got it in the mail. Turns out, the blue light filter was on. I bought a pink shell for the dang doorbell. I mean, it's not a big deal, I can sand it and paint it, bit still. Make sure you're ordering what you thing you are.... The color was something like "Cotton Blossom" or something stupid like that. Cotton is WHITE, how was I supposed to know?!

Plus I'm colorblind... that doesn't help when picking colors, either.

8. Likes farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My eye's were done several years apart like at least 5 to 7 or more years apart and the lenses they used changed over the years so they could not use the same type of lens several years later. This caused me to see the road signs in one size font in one eye and a different size font in the other. It took about a year or so to get over that. Your brain adjusts but if I close one eye and look then do the opposite I can still notice it. It bothered me like crazy at first.

Oh anyway give it time and make sure you talk to your doctor about anything you notice. Example, eyes staying red or in pain for too long like longer than a couple of days. Having a film that causes cloudy vision at any time during the day or night.

Most important is to use your eye drops as prescribed and show up to the follow up visits.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

10. Likes farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try the orange/amber glasses, they help a lot with glare, just think how scary(for the rest of the drivers on the road) it was just driving in the daylight.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

12. Likes farmersammm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sammm a few weeks before cataract surgery...

:

Post Thanks / Like

Just had my left eye done yesterday, took all of 15 minutes max, makes quite a difference for the good which I was told will only get better. Should be a month or so and I'll get the right done.....Mike

15. Likes whtbaron, 12V71, farmersammm, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    Just had my left eye done yesterday, took all of 15 minutes max, makes quite a difference for the good which I was told will only get better. Should be a month or so and I'll get the right done.....Mike
    Name:  tkqe4fh-smiley-two-thumbs-up175028_285604.gif
Views: 193
Size:  1.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    sammm a few weeks before cataract surgery...

Nah, he only goes to Carl's and gets the same order every time.

18. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist