+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: multiprocess welder

Post Thanks / Like

Re: multiprocess welder

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    thank you don’t know why they turned sideways
    Turn your phone sideways with the "top" to your left. Give that a shot, works with my Android phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    thank you don’t know why they turned sideways

i used to have that problem too. no idea why.

drove me nuts
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cornchip View Post
    hobart 160i is under $500 so why isnt it in the test. ill take it any day over over all them machines except htp and the only reason im picking htp is the customer service is probly the best incase you ran into trouble

I would buy the ESAB Rogue if I was looking. But to me the real standout was the Harbor Freight unit for $319. I was shocked at how well it ran 6010. There's no way I am paying 2x as much money for the Hobart.
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

been using Everlast power arc 200STI since Dec 2018

use 6013 sticks

has small button for 6010 upper left corner

Name:  6010 button.png
Views: 348
Size:  140.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miller#1 View Post
    i was thinking back to welding tips and tricks jody collier liked the everlast machines. what can u guys tell me about those? i do need ac capability. also would like something with a good warranty and something not made in china.
    Why don't you want something from China? Most things are made in China these days, probably the computer or phone you're using to post from.
    Or is it because some sort of patriotic notion?
    __________________________________________________ _
    I could not care less where anything is made. I don't fall for the myth that locally made is 'better'. If I think something is good value for ME, I'll buy it. That said, I do like European quality

Post Thanks / Like

Would you buy a car made in China?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    That's not a very revolutionary thing to say, Comrade.

8. Likes Louie1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StandarDyne View Post
    That's not a very revolutionary thing to say, Comrade.

Hahahahahaha....
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I just found this video and it was pretty interesting. If you are looking for a small, cheap stick welder, these may be some choices for you.

I've been testing the harbor freight Ti 225. Limited to 70 amps at 120 volts spec. I used 123 volts ac and 7018 3/32 is no go (70amp max) No problem 6011 3/32. I don't have 6010 3/32 but I'm confident 3/32 6010 it will weld on 120 volts.

When I plugged this into my 246.8 volts ac , it burned brick red Radnor 6010 1/8" rod after rod 85 amp setting. About ten that day. I tried some old Murex 7018 at 160 amps. Way to hot

My conclusion: on 123 volts 6011 is ok. Other rods under 70 amps are probly ok but 7018 ain't gonna work on 120. On 236.8 volts it will burn 6010 and 7018 1/8". Also, it has an auto solenoid on 240 volts for higher ocv for 6010. I find 6010 useful because it requires less amps with good fill and no oven or special treatment. 6010 restarts easier too. You need about 85a minimum for 7018 this machine is capable only if you have 240volts. I would like to have two of these parallel.

Pics. Pic of face shows 6010 settings for 240 volts in bottom right

Pic of welds.
    Middle bead is 1/8" downhill 6010 240 volts 85a Radnor

Bead on right is 1/8" 7018 uphill 240volts 160a. Too hot Murex/Lincoln

Left side bead is 3/32" downhill 6011 120 volts 65a Hobart
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I would buy the ESAB Rogue if I was looking. But to me the real standout was the Harbor Freight unit for $319. I was shocked at how well it ran 6010. There's no way I am paying 2x as much money for the Hobart.

well actually the titanium is $319.99 and hobart $471 free shipping. thats a longs ways from 2x as much like you claim. while we could probly all agree the hobart isnt a world class machine , i have a hard time believing its not better built than the titanium. this is important because titanium has very little warranty at just 90days .while the hobart is 3yr. if for some reason the titanium craps out between day 91 and day 1095 , your forced to buy a new one (hopefully its still $319.99 and hasnt went up). your now into the harborfreight two pennys short of $640. which is $169 more than the hobart
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled
    hobart handler 100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cornchip View Post
    well actually the titanium is $319.99 and hobart $471 free shipping. thats a longs ways from 2x as much like you claim. while we could probly all agree the hobart isnt a world class machine , i have a hard time believing its not better built than the titanium. this is important because titanium has very little warranty at just 90days .while the hobart is 3yr. if for some reason the titanium craps out between day 91 and day 1095 , your forced to buy a new one (hopefully its still $319.99 and hasnt went up). your now into the harborfreight two pennys short of $640. which is $169 more than the hobart
    I see your point of view and it's valid

On the flip side; not to be dishonest but if you buy two titanium's and get one extended warranty you would have extended time. Is that just wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

The best will be quality brands from Lincoln or Miller. But they arent the cheapest. It also depends if you want to be able to tig aluminum, that option is pricier.
    They are currently offering some pretty good rebate programs so its a good time to buy. This website also offers financing with affirm.

Heres some links to what I think are the best quality multi-process welders.

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...elder-k3963-1/

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...-ac-dc-907757/

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...8-575v-907728/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weldergurl View Post
    The best will be quality brands from Lincoln or Miller. But they arent the cheapest. It also depends if you want to be able to tig aluminum, that option is pricier.
    They are currently offering some pretty good rebate programs so its a good time to buy. This website also offers financing with affirm.

Heres some links to what I think are the best quality multi-process welders.

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...elder-k3963-1/

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...-ac-dc-907757/

https://serviceweldingsupply.com/pro...8-575v-907728/
    Lincoln and Miller from the US, Esab, Fronius, Stel, Kemppi and many other European brands are just as good and just as expensive, too

15. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 70A from a 120/20 circuit is a deal breaker. Hobart and blue were is a tuff spot with this. If they gave up 95A why would anyone buy a Maxstar? I think the Esab will do it, thats the money shot in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple things I like about the Esab. I havnt used one but a couple of these guys are good testers. Some understand it all better than I do. If I was a daily driver and picking a new machine,,, I already have one similar so this makes a diffgerence,,, but new today eithewr a cheap one or for a few more get a really good machine and we aint really talking a huge leap today. I paid 800 for a Max S 15+ years ago. If this was Snapon math it would cost 2 grand maybe 2500 today in comparison but to be under 800, for while a lot less but even with recent inflation worth absolutely every dime they are asking for it.

Post Thanks / Like

It will run 5/32 hohy and will run 1/8 right along without paying much attn to it. Gonna work super well with cords and no more loss than some fat cable on the secondary,,, that should be a duh. I was in a plant back when, welding done at 95 and 120A and 4/0 lead everywhere. To a box I got no clue how much it cost was a giant toaster and lower you set it the hotter it got.
    I bet,,, know they use Maxtars now and almost bet they have twist lock plug in to 30A. Back then the 120V was all 10 cord, twist lock, a zillion Y whips and 30 plug. Every little rod oven, 10# things had a 14 cord and a 30 twist end. Bechtel had so many they ordered with that end on it factory. Same for string lights, this was incandescent and common lamps, so fricken many never did see where they go and same for adding a Y for an oven, never tripped anything, never even looked at any of it, simply plug it in, same for air T.
    A guy used to tease me on occasion when learning on a dime no one cared about of fussing with the little roid as well as the big. A nuke is a big place, also big in terms of amounts of intricate welds by the 10000s and would be surprised at how much is done with 3/32. Look at a couple of those pipe jocky pics we see on occasion, all little dinky rods and living proof can do it that way. For every 6 inch in a place like that there are 4 4 inch and 6 more 2 inch and a bunch of inch and then there is the tubing and a bracket for every couple feet of that.
    We see some beautiful work by the Aussie guy here not imagine 100 of those crammed in the ****ter with tons of brackets and anchors to walls everwhere, all different pressure all different restraints.
    I see the super collider somewhat like that and is really more sophisticated but same game, 10 more things they forgot that when it was designed a decade or longer earlier. When I was on one best I recall after TMI and was too small before they even thought of the retrofits.
    Last edited by Sberry; 09-24-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone driving a Buick Envision already is.
    Volvo's like the XC 40 Recharge as well.
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

20. Likes 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blain's Farm & Fleet has the Forney Easy Weld 140 MP on clearance for $178.88. I've avoided these multiprocess welders as long as they've been around... Until last weekend, couldn't help myself.
    Forney seems tight lipped about where they source their welders from. I haven't looked inside, but Fort Collins, CO is the only marking on the welder. I'm assuming china, but saw Italy mentioned in a couple places online.

Post Thanks / Like

Forney references an Italian manufacturing partner albeit I'd be surprised if a sub $200 welder was made in Italy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the normal price is in the area of $400-$500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denverguy View Post
    Forney references an Italian manufacturing partner albeit I'd be surprised if a sub $200 welder was made in Italy.

you couldnt get a italian extension cord for $200 let alone a entire machine. that forney is made in china. probly at the same factory all the other $200 machines are made.
    hypertherm powermax 30xp
    fronius transpocket 180
    fronius transsteel 2200
    fronius iwave 230i water cooled
    hobart handler 100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 455dan View Post
    Anyone driving a Buick Envision already is.
    Volvo's like the XC 40 Recharge as well.
    Anyone driving a Buick Envision won't be for long. Bwahahahaha. But it was cheap!

Who the f would buy a Volvo anyway. That's just loopy.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone driving a Buick Envision won't be for long. Bwahahahaha. But it was cheap!

Volvos are just really bland IMO. Volvo construction equipment is nice, though!

Sent from my Lincoln Buzzbox using Tapatalk
    Sent via smoke signals using my Lincoln buzzbox

Post Thanks / Like

AWD Over 400HP 0-60 in about 4.4 seconds. Plug it in at night and never have to go to a gas station again.
    SUV storage and utility
    Volvo long standing safety cage accident survivability.
    but yeah, it IS a chinese vehicle...

Name:  460644-volvo-xc40-recharge-2021-ne-m-appelez-plus-polestar.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  98.0 KB
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

Post Thanks / Like

I hear nannies and mothers love them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist