+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ConstructConnect? Stack? ProCore?

Post Thanks / Like

ConstructConnect? Stack? ProCore?

Hello fellow business owners.
    I'm hoping some of you can give me some advice on some of the different platforms available to find and bid on work.
    What have you had success with?
    How do you find new clients?
    Looking to get into big miscellaneous steel work, stair install, and/or any SS/Aluminum work.
    Any wisdom would be appreciated, immensely.

Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ConstructConnect? Stack? ProCore?

Treat it like the phone book. The money you send to them may never pay off, but it is advertizing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3. Likes MSSW LLC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    Treat it like the phone book. The money you send to them may never pay off, but it is advertizing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    i think its some sort of trick/joke

5. Likes MSSW LLC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you say that?

Post Thanks / Like

You have a very valid point. Ty!

Post Thanks / Like

I would attack 1 thing at a time. While its ok to do several things the marketing should be focused and speared, you are not Walmart and cant afford to buckshot it. Some guys here are very good, a couple other forums where guy has changed 4 or 5 times when markets changed and he adapted. A couple live where there is food production etc or specialty areas that support alloy work.

9. Likes MSSW LLC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One guy on Miller said his market crashed in home steel and then he say the gravel trains pounding by on a big road job and that became the new line of work, literally driving by. I am so general we always have some flow but its tuff to get a bead on it like specialty you can really profit consistent.

11. Likes 12V71, MSSW LLC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSSW LLC View Post
    Why would you say that?
    u dont sound realistic to me the way u come off- not even close

Post Thanks / Like

What am I missing here?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused myself. Thank you for the advice, btw, but on the other post, as far as being realistic?

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, for what it's worth, I generally do not read the member introduction section.
    When you asked this question I thought you were missing that. Once I read your intro, it looks like you do quite a good variety of work.

I am a small potatoes business and nowhere near your level so did not know about those websites you requested info about.

Unfortunately, I think quite a few members here do not use those sites. I am sure someone will come along and contradict me, but they are the exception.

If you had specific questions on a project you might get more info versus bidding job sites.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

16. Likes MSSW LLC, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to glance thru the intro but it gets by me on occasion. For some reason this just didnt sound like total beginner even though it was simple.

Post Thanks / Like

We work on different stuff, its difficult to go in a straight line. I know guys follow bid lets and dodge. They quoting all the time, they dont get a lot of return work they should. I see this in other threads, got offers of more work cause they did what they do well. We simply work on some bigger things others cant do in a 2 car garage and also a few things where there isnt a dealer and sometimes due to the fact they are simply astonomical that someone is more than happy to get a better deal on a clutch job.

Post Thanks / Like

Also my overhead and expense is modest. If a guy is in an industrial park with 6 trucks and crews he cant afford to save some on some cost. I did job a while back, 5 large in labor and 50$ in parts for some misc seals and a gasket. As for labor. I rarely even use any temp anymore, we reduced shaved remodeled, resized so its not so drawn out. 1/3rd the fuel, 1/3 the men, changes a lot when we can do a couple shifts and the secretary jumps on when we need than 3 or 4 days with a process we need 2x the labor for. All the work on the friends and family plan and have a couple that can do anything I ask especially with some minor training and I try to limit the real obvious dangers, felling trees, sawing, ladders and climbing.
    Its kind of late and a bit sideways but am dealing with gen cont lic right now. w are waiting on a test day for my brother, retired vet. I have looked around some and didnt want to follow up untill I had got that in hand but despite what I want to do got couple offers for some up scale houses.
    I got one wants to drag me down to "affordaple" 2500 ft ranches but I dont think so. We buiding on ft and I like bigger better. I am looking for some forms now, prepping the sales girl and gathering up a few things if the opportunity jumps at me. I missed a super nice old cement mixer and a morter mixer the other day. Also condidering couple minor truck swaps or at least options should it come up. I see a bunch of rental lease stuff on all these sitting around and it aint for free. I can change the pace and schedule on some jobs so I aint got to go like its on fire and the rent is due. Dont have to do 4 trucks or a dozen in a day with big crew. Too hot or cold either.
    I see one asked,,, how long, I said 18 months. They had another one built, said they got a quote on the last one and it was 90 days,,, but shat happens,,, I ask how long before you could use it,,, well, 2 years and a wall caved in cause dipshat didnt include the rods laying there, still there. Wonders why I am not interested in the 90Day job, I say give me another 200 large on it, ha.
    Last edited by Sberry; 10-12-2022 at 03:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist