+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does anyone know what wires are the hot and the contactor wires on a esab mig 35 feed

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know what wires are the hot and the contactor wires on a esab mig 35 feed

i picked up a airco (made by esab) 250 amp mig welding power source, single phase. i have a esab mig 35 wire feeder. the feeder is the old style and runs on 110 volt. does anyone know what 2 wires are hot into the feeder and what 2 wires control the contactor back to the power source? i know what to do on the power source end, i need to identify the hot into the feeder and the two-return wires to close the contactor in the welder.
    if anyone has a manual with the electrical diagrams for that feeder or for a l-tec 35 feeder, i am sure they are the same. thanks, in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone know what wires are the hot and the contactor wires on a esab mig 35

Quote Originally Posted by WILLYSOVERLAND View Post
    i picked up a airco (made by esab) 250 amp mig welding power source, single phase. i have a esab mig 35 wire feeder. the feeder is the old style and runs on 110 volt. does anyone know what 2 wires are hot into the feeder and what 2 wires control the contactor back to the power source? i know what to do on the power source end, i need to identify the hot into the feeder and the two-return wires to close the contactor in the welder.
    if anyone has a manual with the electrical diagrams for that feeder or for a l-tec 35 feeder, i am sure they are the same. thanks, in advance
    If you can't find any manuals or other documentation online, ESAB has a phone number to its Customer Service department, which should be able to find what you need. Have your model number (or Part number) and Serial Number, if possible.

Also, it always helps to post (here) good pictures showing the items and components in question.

3. Likes farmall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anyone know what wires are the hot and the contactor wires on a esab mig 35

5. Likes WILLYSOVERLAND, farmall liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you very much danielplace that is exactly what i needed.

7. Likes danielplace liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Power source contactor activation is via MIG 35 receptacle P5 pins B (VAC neutral) and C (VAC hot).
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Power source contactor activation is via MIG 35 receptacle P5 pins B (VAC neutral) and C (VAC hot).

10. Likes farmall liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist