Thread: Millermatic Pricing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Millermatic Pricing ?

Hey guys looking for a little help pricing my little millermatic 120. I have had it for years, but kept it inside at all times. I think that it is only on it's second spool. I got my current job shortly after getting it and have never had to use it much. It is a 208v machine rated at 150 amps. Also it has a bottle rack and a reg. I also have two Tweeco guns that would go with it.
    Here is a pic.

Thanks guys any help will be apprieciated.
    "If you live in Sacramento you have seen my work."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Millermatic Pricing ?

Am I crazy asking $700?
    It is a very nice machine, I just need to upgrade to a TIG for the home workshop.

Post Thanks / Like

That seems like a reasonable starting point. A new MM180 can be found for $740 - ref. welderplus.com. Try starting at that price, it's a good unit and its blue!
    John
    - fabricator extraordinaire, car nut!
    - bleeding Miller blue!

http://www.weldfabzone.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jonnie, this guy is looking for a 175A machine :

http://www.weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread...9110#post79110
    John
    - fabricator extraordinaire, car nut!
    - bleeding Miller blue!

http://www.weldfabzone.com

Post Thanks / Like

No offense intended here, but I think you may be a little high @ $700.00 This machine was built for a very short time, then upgraded to the MM150, then MM185, now the MM210. If memory serves me correctly this unit sold for about $800.00 to $850.00 when new. There was/is nothing wrong with this unit, it just had a hard time doing 1/4". With your extra guns, and if you have the cylinder as well, $700.00 may not be too far off, but if a guy compares a new MM180 or Lincoln Powermig 180 to your machine, he'd probably take the new one with the 3 year warranty. When I quote customers trade in prices for their existing machine, I always try to have enough difference in the used machine they are looking at compared to a comparable new model, as their has to be a big enough difference to buy used versus new, or the guy will take new every time. You can always start high and come down if needed. When I have a customer interested in trading a unit in, I always tell them up front that they can probably get more for their unit outright than I can allow them trade, this is evident in every auction I attend that has an older Miller MM200 or MM250 that brings almost new money, crazy! If you put this in your local classifieds your phone will ring off the hook!

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Micro thanks for the link I will ask him...ss42768, Thanks much for the info I may dropp the price a little like you say . I realy want to upgrade to a Dynasty 200dx . I realy doubt I will out grow it.